Team-BHP - Tata Manza - List Of Problems
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Tata Manza - List Of Problems (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/87780-tata-manza-list-problems-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by anilp (Post 3587166)
Exactly, Amit. As far as I'm aware, modern diesels don't use glow plugs much unless the temperature drops. And my running is in tropical Bombay where the temperature is mostly in 30s. My car is stock, with no electrical changes whatsoever.

Anil, so what was the diagnosis finally? I came across a similar case at TASS in gurgaon and the problem was with the ditributor wire line. make sure you get it checked at a different TASS (just to make sure you got it identified correctly).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanatlarj (Post 3609995)
Anil, so what was the diagnosis finally? I came across a similar case at TASS in gurgaon and the problem was with the ditributor wire line. make sure you get it checked at a different TASS (just to make sure you got it identified correctly).

Since the diagnosis was not changing, I escalated the issue. After much back and forth, and the fact that this happened immediately after the car was just serviced, they charged for only one glow plug. Thanks a lot for this tip. I'll get the distributor line checked now.

I've the following problem (?). Should I be worried?

The car: Manza elan 2012, 32k on the odo.

The problem: the temperature guage reading is more than usual. Also, there is variation in readings with ac & without ac. The reading without ac is higher.

When the problem started: I noticed the higher levels in engine temperature reading, a couple of days before. I took the car home, did a check of blower & other fuses (I'm no expert I used the picture on the fuse box). Nothing seemed to be wrong. After half hour I came back, with the idea of starting the car and listening if the blower cuts in. The car however did not start. I called the emergency assistance number. A technician came within half hour. He brought with him a battery, and using it started the car. After further checks, running the car engine in neutral to reproduce the complaint(problem was repeated), he declared that every thing is fine. I changed the battery on his advice. My concern on the temperature guage remained. When I started driving again, I find the guage reading going above the usual mark. Please see the picture.

Now should I be worried?

^^ Hi, If the temperature remains at where you've shown in the picture, it's ok. However, if it goes above that half line mark, it's cause of concern.

Thanks dhanushs. I feel better now. What I don't get is why this sudden change in the readings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsjey (Post 3784818)
What I don't get is why this sudden change in the readings?

Did the temperature gauge always go to this mark after driving for sometime. I feel otherwise. It's a lil wee bit more than it should go normally.

How much did you drive when the temperature gauge reaches till 'escalated' level?

Well the temperature guage never used to go above the one third mark. In this case (when I took the picture),I'd driven about 20kms in the city traffic about one hour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsjey (Post 3785472)
Well the temperature guage never used to go above the one third mark.

It does seem higher than what I usually see on my Manza. I'm on petrol, however, and that might make a world of difference.

You've probably checked your coolant level and the radiator fan? They might be ok since your 30k service probably wasn't done too long ago.

Another point you should observe is if the temperature goes down a little when you drive sedately on highways (if not, it could indicate coolant flow issues). Heating in the city usually implies airflow issues.

The fact that you get different readings for AC on and off likely rules out a faulty sensor (although your observation was admittedly counterintuitive).

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsjey (Post 3785472)
Well the temperature guage never used to go above the one third mark. In this case (when I took the picture),I'd driven about 20kms in the city traffic about one hour.

Nothing to worry I guess. In my car, the needle shoots up to the middle mark within few km and stays there. I don't exactly remember when did it start but it has been happening for quite sometime now.

By middle you mean the second mark? I see markings for one third, two thirds and high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanmay K (Post 3785525)
I
Another point you should observe is if the temperature goes down a little when you drive sedately on highways (if not, it could indicate coolant flow issues). Heating in the city usually implies airflow issues.

The temperature does go down when the car is moving for some time at speeds above 20kmph approx for some time. If the car been moving at 40kmph approx for about 5-10 mins the temperature drops to one thirds on the guage. Should I do a radiator flush?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsjey (Post 3786120)
Should I do a radiator flush?

I was tempted to suggest this earlier. Whether that would help depends on if you have reason to suspect that the coolant/water ratio was mixed incorrectly at the time of last flush/top-up. Hopefully the radiator isn't partially clogged.

It seems you may not have a pressing need to address the issue immediately if the needle doesn't go beyond half-way mark, but out of curiosity for further deduction you could try and see if a flush helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsjey (Post 3786113)
By middle you mean the second mark? I see markings for one third, two thirds and high.

Sorry, my bad. Yes, the second mark is what I am referring to.

The DIS on my Dec 2010 Manza Aura decided to die yesterday. TASS SA quoted me a full assembly replacement for 13k (without bothering to take a look in detail). Here's a picture of how it looks like with and without flash:

Tata Manza - List Of Problems-manza.jpg

Any ideas as to what's wrong with it and any way the display can be salvaged without spending 13k?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanmay K (Post 3792169)
The DIS on my Dec 2010 Manza Aura decided to die yesterday. TASS SA quoted me a full assembly replacement for 13k (without bothering to take a look in detail). Here's a picture of how it looks like with and without flash:

Attachment 1409481

Any ideas as to what's wrong with it and any way the display can be salvaged without spending 13k?

So from what I see the display has gone dim? If thats the case then try taking it out and showing it to an electronic repair shop. Maybe they can fix a small component or two and get it back to shape. I dont think anything major has conked out. So do give it a try before spending those 13 grand.