Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 7th December 2017, 14:23   #196
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot View Post
Calling all Manza owners: Does anyone have a problem of water leaking into the boot when it rains? I noticed about 1cm deep water in the spare wheel well after a recent rainy day, I know it was dry the day before because I pumped up the spare tyre then. The boot floor carpet was also wet, but not sure if that was just siphoned up, or if the leak came from above. If anyone has solved this issue, what was the source of the leak? Is it the boot seals? Or is it underbody spray from driving on a wet road, seeping in though a hole somewhere.
I owned one for 40 K kms from 2011 Feb to 2012 March.

Yes. Water used to some how peep into the boot.

When checked with my S.A in TASS Bhosri, he pointed out the cut on the rubber cap / washer to accommodate the extra wiring for rear sensors made by the accessories guy.
Hence, I felt that could be the only reason. Changed the rubber cap/ washer and the issue got solved.

regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2017, 14:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I owned one for 40 K kms from 2011 Feb to 2012 March.
=========
Hence, I felt that could be the only reason. Changed the rubber cap/ washer and the issue got solved.
Thanks Maverick79. May I ask if you recall where exactly in the boot this rubber cap/washer was located? Was it something extra you had fitted? My car is 100% virgin, as it came out the factory...
Sir Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2017, 11:22   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lancelot View Post
Thanks Maverick79. May I ask if you recall where exactly in the boot this rubber cap/washer was located? Was it something extra you had fitted? My car is 100% virgin, as it came out the factory...

Sure Sir Lancelot,

Mine was also a virgin from factory initially. However, as I graduated from M 800 to Manza.. a car with a very big boot, I felt a need for reverse parking sensors.
Hence, the accessories guy routed his wiring from tail lamp cluster wiring from bumper into the boot via the rubber boot. As it was not able to house all the wiring together, he cut 2 mm of the rubber boot to accommodate all the cluster of wiring's.

Apologies for not able to trace the exact photograph as it's close to 5 years now.

Tata Manza - List Of Problems-img00290201102241833.jpg

Its exactly behind the tail lamp. If you remove the carpet and side insulation, you will be able to see it.

It may be not the exact case in your ride. So pls check the boot beading's and drain plugs carefully. They could be the culprit. Especially in the spare wheel well.

Hope this helps you some how or the other.

regards,
Maverick79
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote