Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2012, 12:25   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Tata Manza Owner's Meet - by Tata Motors.

I got a call 3 days ago, inviting me for an owner's meet where executives from Tata wish to interact and hear complaints and feedback from Manza owners.

The meet is scheduled today, 21st April 2012 at Wasan Motors Workshop, Deonar, Mumbai.

Anyone else got a call? Anyone else coming?

I shall post the details here after I come back.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:47   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
Tata Manza Owner's Meet - by Tata Motors.

I got a call 3 days ago, inviting me for an owner's meet where executives from Tata wish to interact and hear complaints and feedback from Manza owners.

The meet is scheduled today, 21st April 2012 at Wasan Motors Workshop, Deonar, Mumbai.

Anyone else got a call? Anyone else coming?

I shall post the details here after I come back.
Details and subsequent discussion moved to this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...za-owners.html

Aptly titled by GTO.
Old 21st June 2012, 16:47   #63
BHPian

Having read thru all the posts, it seems we all have the same problems. My car is about 3 months old and am clocking 8.5K on the odo.
Have a couple of new issues in my case however still repeating the whole lot
  1. Front Suspension squeaking noise on speedbreakers - Fixed
  2. I find the engine breathing/grasping when idling between 80-110 kmph. I am told its a turbo transition phase and happens in all Manza's. Also only observant people catch it.
  3. Oberoi Cars, Noida have been spoiling my seats and have been getting them to dry clean it everytime. So basically they just cannot take care of the car and give it back dirtier always.
Dhobi List for 23 Jun 2012,Saturday
  1. Steering Vibration above 110 kmph - alignment & balancing done but to no avail. N
  2. I feel when the steering is lowered it becomes slightly hard.
  3. Noise from rear seat when empty - Before fix its was a chu-chu noise, now its a loud squeak on uneven roads.
  4. Clutch started getting stuck on the floor while stuck in traffic. Used to come up when pressed again. The master Cylinder had gone kaput I was told and it was replaced under warranty. Now the pedal has too much play.
  5. Both Fog Lamps have gone kaput. Dunno if the bulbs have gone or its a wiring fault.
Let me see how many they can rectify or else it will be passed to the 3rd service which will in any case become due in another 10-15 days.
Old 29th June 2012, 15:05   #64
BHPian

Cross posting from my ownersship thread. AC/ Radiator fan in my manza conked off twice. More details in post below. Please share if anyone else is facing this or if you have any suggestions to the concerns raised in post below. Many thanks in advance.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2824219
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2012, 12:25   #65
BHPian

I am a satisfied Manza owner. I find the car delivering every paisa I paid for it. Though there are few issues.
  • The gaps on dashboard are quite wide. I have lost a memory card under DIS display.
  • Squeaks from rear suspension. Resolved by TASS.
  • Squeaks from front suspension. Once resolved by TASS. Now its more strange. Squeaks come whenever I start my car from parking. It remains for initial few kilometres. Then its gone!! Any one faced this?
Old 2nd July 2012, 14:16   #66
BHPian

So the last Running Repair visit to Oberoi Cars, Noida was successful. The clutch has been bled properly now and have driven in bumper 2 bumper traffic without any issues.

For the record - I posted on twitter about the lackadaisical work done by Vasu Automobiles, Meerut and they got good beating from Tata Motors followed by apology call from the dealer as well as the regional CRM. Social Media does drive home some things!

@amit1234singla thanks for mentioning the Radiator Fan. Shall watch-out for it. And maybe we must catch up sometime, my car was mistaken to be yours by a fellow BHP-ian in the Sticker Sightings thread!

Also a note to all Manza owners - One of my father's friend was having low mileage problem. It was found that Manza has a problem of fuel line cracking up. Its difficult to trace as the fuel drips only when the vehicle is moving. Peculiar but worth a check on your next visit to a TASS.
Old 2nd July 2012, 15:46   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Also a note to all Manza owners - One of my father's friend was having low mileage problem. It was found that Manza has a problem of fuel line cracking up. Its difficult to trace as the fuel drips only when the vehicle is moving. Peculiar but worth a check on your next visit to a TASS.
Do not worry... if this happens to your car you will also start experiencing certain ancilliary problems like jerks at times, cold start problems etc.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2012, 10:46   #68
BHPian

Got my Elan On Jun 30 2012. So far the car has been behaving nicely. Here goes the list of problems:

1. Headlight alignment: In high beam the light beam was pointing upwards and was not falling on the road. Got this work done twice at OMR checkpoint. Still the beam is not fully on the road. Will have to get this done.
2. Fan sound: The blower fan, produces a distinct purring sound, that a worn out table fan (the small ones) make. SA says that it is normal. I notice this only when the engine is switched off.
3. AC vent not closing: The passenger side AC vent was not closing fully. SA found that it does close but needs quite an effort. He has lubricated it and now it closes, but still some effort is required.
4. Gear shifting hard: I was told that the condition of my Gear shift was normal. Still on my insistence SA greased the gear shift. Slightly better now.
5. Steering harness: Again SA after test drive found it quite normal. Did some adjustments. Slightly better now. Need to check on other Manzas.

I've a question:

When using high beam, both the low beam and the high beam bulbs are lit. Is this normal? Usually either one of them should be lit.

Regards,
lsjey
Old 19th October 2012, 13:05   #69
BHPian

The mobile charger fuse blew. Got this replaced. This happened exactly 4 months after I got the Vista as well. Looks like Tata trademark.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:34   #70
BHPian

My Manza refused to start a couple of days ago. Battery, fuses were checked and they were good. Looks like the sensor attached to the clutch to check for depressed state of clutch which controls the crank mechanism is out of whack. After spending 10 mins and pumping the clutch multiple times, the vehicle started. Took it to OMR Checkpoint. The issue was fixed in two mins. Hats off to them. Now everything is alright.
Old 5th November 2012, 12:58   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Got my Elan On Jun 30 2012. So far the car has been behaving nicely. Here goes the list of problems:

Manzas.

I've a question:

When using high beam, both the low beam and the high beam bulbs are lit. Is this normal? Usually either one of them should be lit.

Regards,
lsjey
It is normal in Manza. On the question of steering hardness, it is hard when you compare it to EPS steerings of Marutis/Hyundais but should be on par with other HPS units.
Old 5th November 2012, 13:13   #72
BHPian

thanks sridhar. Noticed that you too are from chennai. Where do you service your vehicle? How is the service?
Old 5th November 2012, 13:31   #73
BHPian

^^. I have sold my Manza earlier this year but have serviced the vehicle at three different places
a) TAFE REACH - first service - one bad experience with the SA and avoided it
b) VST - 2nd and 3rd service (second service experience was very good, 3rd average. It is extremely crowded, takes a week to get appointment and car is not returned on same day)
c) TVS Motors on Mount Ponnamalle road (1 year service) - had to go there because it was the nearest service center after my alternator failed. The car was out at the service station for 10 days to get the replacement alternator from Pune. Otherwise experience was good as they had a good mechanic who had good knowledge on Manza issues from Concorde dairy circle Bangalore.

The guy whom I sold to services at OMR check point which I never heard good feedback from my friends who serviced there.

My ownership review is in the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ownership.html
Old 5th November 2012, 14:44   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
My Manza refused to start a couple of days ago. Battery, fuses were checked and they were good. Looks like the sensor attached to the clutch to check for depressed state of clutch which controls the crank mechanism is out of whack. After spending 10 mins and pumping the clutch multiple times, the vehicle started. Took it to OMR Checkpoint. The issue was fixed in two mins. Hats off to them. Now everything is alright.
Interesting that you mentioned it here but how was the problem solved? Mine is a June 2011 manufactured car and it does not require depressing of clutch to start. Was this changed in subsequent Manza's? It has become a habit to depress the clutch so when taking the test drive of the club class I forgot to check otherwise
Old 5th November 2012, 19:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
Having read thru all the posts, it seems we all have the same problems. My car is about 3 months old and am clocking 8.5K on the odo.[/list]Dhobi List for 23 Jun 2012,Saturday
  1. Steering Vibration above 110 kmph - alignment & balancing done but to no avail. N
  2. I feel when the steering is lowered it becomes slightly hard.
  3. Noise from rear seat when empty - Before fix its was a chu-chu noise, now its a loud squeak on uneven roads.
  4. Clutch started getting stuck on the floor while stuck in traffic. Used to come up when pressed again. The master Cylinder had gone kaput I was told and it was replaced under warranty. Now the pedal has too much play.
  5. Both Fog Lamps have gone kaput. Dunno if the bulbs have gone or its a wiring fault.
Let me see how many they can rectify or else it will be passed to the 3rd service which will in any case become due in another 10-15 days.
INSIST on them checking the steering. I had a similar problem and they did 'something' and then AGAIN did wheel balancing & wheel alignment and the problem was solved.

The rear seat issue is a CLASSIC. It has something to do with the parcel tray, the metal frame and the seat lock.
TATA has now a new solution which has to be inserted in those crevices, which expands as it dries and packs of all the areas with 'play'.
They have done it for my Manza - I had the DITTO same problem. 3 months so far and not a single squeak.

Your last 2 problems are extremely shocking and not expected.
I too lost a bulb - 1 side within 3 months. Was told it's the bulb that conked off and charged 90 Rs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzlering View Post
I am a satisfied Manza owner. I find the car delivering every paisa I paid for it. Though there are few issues.
  • The gaps on dashboard are quite wide. I have lost a memory card under DIS display.
  • Squeaks from rear suspension. Resolved by TASS.
  • Squeaks from front suspension. Once resolved by TASS. Now its more strange. Squeaks come whenever I start my car from parking. It remains for initial few kilometres. Then its gone!! Any one faced this?
Your last bit - I was told it is due to the moisture in the brake pads - thus it is only in the beginning bit after parking and disappears after a few kms.

A little cleaning by them will solve it.

Most Viewed