Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2012, 10:14   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Not exactly a problem but I just wanted to mention that manza OE key remote requires CR2016 size coin type battery. 2 of them in one remote placed in series, in case you need to replace.

Cross posting from my ownership thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2954346
Old 6th November 2012, 12:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Interesting that you mentioned it here but how was the problem solved? Mine is a June 2011 manufactured car and it does not require depressing of clutch to start. Was this changed in subsequent Manza's? It has become a habit to depress the clutch so when taking the test drive of the club class I forgot to check otherwise
My Dad has a Oct 2011 Manza, my brother as a Jan 2012 Vista and I have a Mar 2012 Manza. All of our cars require clutch to be pressed fully for starting the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post
INSIST on them checking the steering. I had a similar problem and they did 'something' and then AGAIN did wheel balancing & wheel alignment and the problem was solved.

The rear seat issue is a CLASSIC. It has something to do with the parcel tray, the metal frame and the seat lock.
TATA has now a new solution which has to be inserted in those crevices, which expands as it dries and packs of all the areas with 'play'.
They have done it for my Manza - I had the DITTO same problem. 3 months so far and not a single squeak.

Your last 2 problems are extremely shocking and not expected.
I too lost a bulb - 1 side within 3 months. Was told it's the bulb that conked off and charged 90 Rs.

Your last bit - I was told it is due to the moisture in the brake pads - thus it is only in the beginning bit after parking and disappears after a few kms.

A little cleaning by them will solve it.
Thanks Doc. Can you please share more details about this material they have inserted in the tray. They inserted plain foam in my car and it has obviously not worked.

Vibration from steering wheel has finally gone by paying 500 bucks for Wheel balancing and alignment at a proper tyre shop. (TASS just cannot do it)

Yesterday I got my last free service done. There is a peculiar "chu chu" noise beyond 90 kmph and keeps increasing with speed. I feel the noise from the rear shocker/suspension. Hoping to get it sorted out soon.

Actually I am fedup with TATAs. Even a small problem gets one to spend the entire day with them. Good VFM cars but sorry A.S.S.
Old 6th November 2012, 19:16   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
My Dad has a Oct 2011 Manza, my brother as a Jan 2012 Vista and I have a Mar 2012 Manza. All of our cars require clutch to be pressed fully for starting the vehicle.

Thanks Doc. Can you please share more details about this material they have inserted in the tray. They inserted plain foam in my car and it has obviously not worked.

Vibration from steering wheel has finally gone by paying 500 bucks for Wheel balancing and alignment at a proper tyre shop. (TASS just cannot do it)

Yesterday I got my last free service done. There is a peculiar "chu chu" noise beyond 90 kmph and keeps increasing with speed. I feel the noise from the rear shocker/suspension. Hoping to get it sorted out soon.

Actually I am fedup with TATAs. Even a small problem gets one to spend the entire day with them. Good VFM cars but sorry A.S.S.
Yes, earlier they had done the same FOAM packing - but that did not work out.
Now they have a new sealant of sorts. It's gel based and expands on cooling, fills up the gap perfectly. And leaves no scope for any noise.
My TASS informed me that it is something the company has recently developed after recent complaints.

We were just discussing about TASS here -

ANY issues just escalate it and you will be surprised at the response.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2811906

Just write to anyone in the company and not the TASS.
If you want some email ids - I can PM them to you.
You will be surprised at how swiftly & efficiently they respond.
Old 6th November 2012, 23:00   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, earlier they had done the same FOAM packing - but that did not work out.
Now they have a new sealant of sorts. It's gel based and expands on cooling, fills up the gap perfectly. And leaves no scope for any noise.
My TASS informed me that it is something the company has recently developed after recent complaints.

We were just discussing about TASS here -

ANY issues just escalate it and you will be surprised at the response.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2811906

Just write to anyone in the company and not the TASS.
If you want some email ids - I can PM them to you.
You will be surprised at how swiftly & efficiently they respond.
Thanks a lot for your detailed thread. Actually it is difficult to believe TATA, Land Rover & Jaguars are sister concerns I have escalated to the TASS management a couple of times but nowadays have resorted to the power of social media. Just send tweet to @IndulgeInManza #TataManza andthings start moving quickly. Shall bother you if I get stuck. Now I need to get this new sealant gel into the rear parcel tray.
Old 7th November 2012, 01:18   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your detailed thread. Actually it is difficult to believe TATA, Land Rover & Jaguars are sister concerns I have escalated to the TASS management a couple of times but nowadays have resorted to the power of social media. Just send tweet to @IndulgeInManza #TataManza andthings start moving quickly. Shall bother you if I get stuck. Now I need to get this new sealant gel into the rear parcel tray.
Indeed - the power of Social Media!

But - I appreciate that Tata atleast responds - every damn time!
And I have seen changes take place.

Let's hope they learn a LOT more from their 'ex-British' siblings.
I think the Manza Club Class is the result of 1 such lesson.
You wouldn't believe the interiors in there!
MIND BLOWING.

Hope you have better luck soon and if anything - would be glad to help.

P.S. Just booked the Nano special edition yesterday. Another sign of my growing trust in Tata Motors.
Old 7th November 2012, 11:55   #81
BHPian

Quote:
You wouldn't believe the interiors in there!
MIND BLOWING.

Hope you have better luck soon and if anything - would be glad to help.

P.S. Just booked the Nano special edition yesterday. Another sign of my growing trust in Tata Motors.
Mind Blowing . Have seen it and love the black. Beige is not a car TASS can ever keep clean. I always get them to clean the seats which have been blackened by their service technicians.

Congratulations on booking the Nano. I have been with TATAs for last 10 years and the Manza is the 5th TATA in our family.
Old 8th November 2012, 10:22   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Mind Blowing . Have seen it and love the black. Beige is not a car TASS can ever keep clean. I always get them to clean the seats which have been blackened by their service technicians.

Congratulations on booking the Nano. I have been with TATAs for last 10 years and the Manza is the 5th TATA in our family.

Beige is difficult! Wonder what Ertiga guys do?

I had dirty smudge marks everywhere when I was with WASAN TASS.
They even ripped 1 of my premium leather seats (have mentioned in my thread) had to fight extensively for it.

But with the TCRS - THE only TATA A.S.S. - it's fantastic. They really take good care of everything. Hence the extra positive reviews for them.

10 years! Wow - so now you know it all and definitely you are in a better position to see the improvement across a decade.
Did you begin with the Sierra or Estate?

I completed 7 - 6 with my Indica, 1 with Manza & now the Nano story shall begin soon.
Old 8th November 2012, 14:51   #83
BHPian

Started with indicate V2, then Indicate Turbo DLX. Currently one Manza Aura, one Manza Aura ABS and one Indica Vista VX.
Old 8th November 2012, 16:42   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I completed 7 - 6 with my Indica, 1 with Manza & now the Nano story shall begin soon.
Quote:
Started with indicate V2, then Indicate Turbo DLX. Currently one Manza Aura, one Manza Aura ABS and one Indica Vista VX.
Wow! TATA Motors should use you guys for their advertising! Hope somebody from TATA is reading this! Jokes apart; this is indeed commendable.

I was at Concord Motors, Mysore Road, BLR earlier today to settle a small niggle - Engine Service Lamp on Dash comes/stays on frequently - and had the opportunity to speak to two other Manza owners there. As a Manza owner, all three of us agreed that we are extremely happy with our respective machines (ownership ranging from 1.5 years to 2.5 years) and that the vehicle is immense value for money. Coincidentally, all of us are first time TATA Motors customers, so besides VFM, Spaciousness, Looks etc., we were convinced that TATA as a group & TATA Motors as a company will take care of its customers.

I have to say that we all agreed once again on the quality, timeliness and appropriateness of service being provided by Concord Motors, Mysore Road, BLR. Kudos to the team and to TATA.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:44   #85
BHPian

Quote:

2 Manzas! Woah! & the new Indica. Superb. Totally well taken care of I guess.

Both Manzas from the same era or 1st gen / 2nd gen?
Any differences between the 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
Wow! TATA Motors should use you guys for their advertising! Hope somebody from TATA is reading this! Jokes apart; this is indeed commendable.

I was at Concord Motors, Mysore Road, BLR earlier today to settle a small niggle - Engine Service Lamp on Dash comes/stays on frequently - and had the opportunity to speak to two other Manza owners there. As a Manza owner, all three of us agreed that we are extremely happy with our respective machines (ownership ranging from 1.5 years to 2.5 years) and that the vehicle is immense value for money. Coincidentally, all of us are first time TATA Motors customers, so besides VFM, Spaciousness, Looks etc., we were convinced that TATA as a group & TATA Motors as a company will take care of its customers.

I have to say that we all agreed once again on the quality, timeliness and appropriateness of service being provided by Concord Motors, Mysore Road, BLR. Kudos to the team and to TATA.

Thank you for your endorsement! LOL.
But I believe Tata's are very POOR at advertisment!

After the Indica I really did not wish to go for Tata but Manza simply blowed us over! and we are extremely happy we opted for it.

Infact most other cars - now the comfort level seems too low. Or too cramped.

Now let's see how the Nano performs.
It is heartening to know that you have been at the receiving end of such a wonderful service - unlike a LOT of other Tata owners - especially up North.

I guess - it makes a difference since it was Concorde - which is a fully owned subsidary of Tata.
But indeed they have done pretty well with the new Manza.

Did you see the club class yet? or the App for the Manza Club Class?
Old 10th November 2012, 11:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Did you see the club class yet? or the App for the Manza Club Class?
Yes, saw the club class at the showroom. Lovely looking vehicle indeed, the only major difference I felt (besides the additional cosmetics) was the navigation system...did not see it functional though.

I wanted to see the Storme, however, it seems that it has not yet been launched in BLR.
Old 10th November 2012, 12:09   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariwar View Post
Yes, saw the club class at the showroom. Lovely looking vehicle indeed, the only major difference I felt (besides the additional cosmetics) was the navigation system...did not see it functional though.

I wanted to see the Storme, however, it seems that it has not yet been launched in BLR.
Yes, I have also yet to see the Navigation system IN USE.
But I am assuming it would be the same as the Aria?

I am kinda disappointed with Storme.

It does not feel in the same league as the new Indica Vista, Manza Club Class & Aria.
Old 10th November 2012, 13:01   #88
BHPian

Quote:
2 Manzas! Woah! & the new Indica. Superb. Totally well taken care of I guess.

Both Manzas from the same era or 1st gen / 2nd gen?
Any differences between the 2?
Both the Manza's are from the same generation but different Year Make. Except for ABS and other cosmetic changes (steering controls, bluetooth, lumbar support) there is not much of a difference. I was hell bent on buying the ABS version because of the 100+ Km drive I do everyday.

Quote:
After the Indica I really did not wish to go for Tata but Manza simply blowed us over! and we are extremely happy we opted for it.

Infact most other cars - now the comfort level seems too low. Or too cramped.

Now let's see how the Nano performs.
I didn't even bother to see other cars. My dad bought the Manza, my brother got the Vista and I went and exchanged my Turbo DLX for Aura ABS. We are a family known to be brand "ambassadors" of TATAs however the TATAs are yet to acknowledge it

Quote:
Yes, I have also yet to see the Navigation system IN USE.
But I am assuming it would be the same as the Aria?

I am kinda disappointed with Storme.

It does not feel in the same league as the new Indica Vista, Manza Club Class & Aria.
I saw the System but not the Nav App(MapmyIndia) as such (somebody had flicked away the memory card). What I liked about the System was its resolution and responsive touch screen. It was not like the general systems which have pixilated digital displays. Hoping the Nav App is good and not like the slow MapMyIndia Navigator.

Strome is a big disappointment on the interiors front.
Old 10th November 2012, 13:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Both the Manza's are from the same generation but different Year Make. Except for ABS and other cosmetic changes (steering controls, bluetooth, lumbar support) there is not much of a difference. I was hell bent on buying the ABS version because of the 100+ Km drive I do everyday.

I didn't even bother to see other cars. My dad bought the Manza, my brother got the Vista and I went and exchanged my Turbo DLX for Aura ABS. We are a family known to be brand "ambassadors" of TATAs however the TATAs are yet to acknowledge it

I saw the System but not the Nav App(MapmyIndia) as such (somebody had flicked away the memory card). What I liked about the System was its resolution and responsive touch screen. It was not like the general systems which have pixilated digital displays. Hoping the Nav App is good and not like the slow MapMyIndia Navigator.

Strome is a big disappointment on the interiors front.
Oh yes indeed - there are MANY such brand ambassadors that Tata are yet to acknowledge

But funnily, it seems only Tata seems to have such self-proclaimed brand ambassadors?
Is it because Tata owners are loyalists or that the other's don't need so much promotion.

Eitherways - yes - this makes 2 of us and put together a dozen Happy Tata Vehicles.

Yes the touch screen console was really good quality - felt almost capacitive touch - but I think it is a resistive touch screen.
It did not feel like a compromise but a VERY classy feature.
Hope to check the SatNav sometime soon.

I hope they are reading this and do something about the Storme soon.

In the meanwhile bookings are going at a decent pace it seems - for the Storme.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:29   #90
BHPian

Facing the following issues with my Dec 09 Manza Aura+ Quadrajet. It has done around 35K by now and running on original tyres.

Since past 1 Month:
>> After gear change(1, 2 or 3rd) on accelerating there is a jerk. Clutch has always been hard(unlike Etios/City where it is super soft).

Since past 2 days:
>> After applying brakes, the nose dives in the front just before coming to a stop.

Would be grateful if I would get some feedback on what could be wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks