Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2013, 13:32   #106
BHPian

Re: Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Could you please share more details on this. Part prices and labour costs and the reasons for changing clutch and master cylinder at 48k km's which I think is earlier than normal. Thanks
The clutch was functioning just fine but it had become unbearably hard, so I decided to change it. Now it has become so delightfully light. The clutch set was for 4810 and labour was 2500. The master cylinder was changed because at times the brake pedal used to go right down to the floor without activating the brakes and one had to pump the pedal to brake. It also cost around Rs 4800. If I remember correctly you brought your Manza around same time as me, right?

(Manza Aura QJD 2010, Honda Activa 2013)

Last edited by windiesel : 13th June 2013 at 13:34.
Old 13th June 2013, 14:20   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
The clutch was functioning just fine but it had become unbearably hard, so I decided to change it. Now it has become so delightfully light. The clutch set was for 4810 and labour was 2500. The master cylinder was changed because at times the brake pedal used to go right down to the floor without activating the brakes and one had to pump the pedal to brake. It also cost around Rs 4800. If I remember correctly you brought your Manza around same time as me, right?

(Manza Aura QJD 2010, Honda Activa 2013)
Thanks. Yes, I bought on 1st Feb 2010. Mine is around 89k km's now.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ros-manza.html
Old 6th July 2013, 13:57   #108
BHPian

On my last service for 40k at Concorde, Mathura Road, I was told that Tatas have changed the oil and it's no more Synthetic. Can anybody confirm this. Don't really feel happy about it since 10k service interval will now beat the engine red and blue.
Old 6th July 2013, 14:59   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
On my last service for 40k at Concorde, Mathura Road, I was told that Tatas have changed the oil and it's no more Synthetic. Can anybody confirm this. Don't really feel happy about it since 10k service interval will now beat the engine red and blue.
Had service done from concorde only 3 weeks back and they used synthetic oil itself.
Old 6th July 2013, 15:45   #110
BHPian

I spoke to their GM. He today said Tata is also now getting Petronas as was in Linea. It's cheaper. Their service Advisor I feel just didn't know the correct justification and said it's no more Synthetic. Will have to tweet to Tata and check with them.
Old 20th November 2013, 15:35   #111
BHPian

Hi guys, the speedo in my Manza drops to zero mark once in a while during driving. It stays at zero for few minutes, sometimes for few seconds. When the speedo drops to zero, the ODO also stops working. I took the car to few FNGs and they say it could be because of speed sensor malfunction and I will have to replace it. But no one is confirming that it is because of sensor damage. I had the OBD done twice and it showed speed sensor malfunction. Can it be because of any loose connections or some water damage? If so what to check for? Or I should blindly replace the sensor and hope it will fix the issue? Does anyone know whether the speed sensor is covered under Extended Warranty? Thanks

Last edited by sreerknair : 20th November 2013 at 15:52.
Old 20th November 2013, 16:04   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreerknair View Post
Hi guys, the speedo in my Manza drops to zero mark once in a while during driving. It stays at zero for few minutes, sometimes for few seconds. When the speedo drops to zero, the ODO also stops working. I took the car to few FNGs and they say it could be because of speed sensor malfunction and I will have to replace it. But no one is confirming that it is because of sensor damage. I had the OBD done twice and it showed speed sensor malfunction. Can it be because of any loose connections or some water damage? If so what to check for? Or I should blindly replace the sensor and hope it will fix the issue? Does anyone know whether the speed sensor is covered under Extended Warranty? Thanks
Vehicle speed sensor is covered in extended warranty, please see parts coverage under Engine Management System section in link below.

http://customercare.tatamotors.com/e...mustKnow.asp#6
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 15:28   #113
BHPian

Quote:
please see parts coverage under Engine Management System section in link below.
Grr. I have been taken for a ride by TASS. I had to change the glow plug recently and I never bothered to check what are covered in Extended Warranty. I repeatedly asked the SA if GP is covered in Extended Warranty and he said it is not. So paid 750 + tax !! Now when I check the parts coverage, GP is shown as covered
Old 21st November 2013, 15:34   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhondusaxena View Post
I spoke to their GM. He today said Tata is also now getting Petronas as was in Linea. It's cheaper. Their service Advisor I feel just didn't know the correct justification and said it's no more Synthetic. Will have to tweet to Tata and check with them.
The ones used in MJD Linea is Selenia WR 5W40. It is semi-synthetic. Selenia is owned by Petronas.
Old 21st November 2013, 15:50   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Grr. I have been taken for a ride by TASS. I had to change the glow plug recently and I never bothered to check what are covered in Extended Warranty. I repeatedly asked the SA if GP is covered in Extended Warranty and he said it is not. So paid 750 + tax !! Now when I check the parts coverage, GP is shown as covered
It's always better to refer to the book .

How did you or TASS know glow plug needed replacement. Was there any check engine light due to a shot glow plug? The price you paid seems like is for one one plug, and if so, how did they check which one to change? Was the new plug of Beru make?

Please educate me further, thanks.
Old 21st November 2013, 16:48   #116
BHPian

Quote:
It's always better to refer to the book .

How did you or TASS know glow plug needed replacement. Was there any check engine light due to a shot glow plug? The price you paid seems like is for one one plug, and if so, how did they check which one to change? Was the new plug of Beru make?
Hi Amit, yes there was a Check engine light ON with glow plug indicator blinking for 10 to 15 times. There are 4 GPs in Manza and in my case only one went kaput. Well the way TASS test them is by connecting a bulb to battery and GP. I know this is not the right way to test it, but that is how TASS does. The GPs are of Bosch make, again I highly doubt if they are genuine.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2013, 17:03   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Amit, yes there was a Check engine light ON with glow plug indicator blinking for 10 to 15 times. There are 4 GPs in Manza and in my case only one went kaput. Well the way TASS test them is by connecting a bulb to battery and GP. I know this is not the right way to test it, but that is how TASS does. The GPs are of Bosch make, again I highly doubt if they are genuine.
Thanks. Just FYI - A set of 4 Bosch glow plugs for Fiat MJD engine is listed for rs.2,035 on 99rpm. Why do you suspect the one's used by TASS are not genuine? What's the age / mileage on your car?

http://www.99rpm.com/service/bosch-g...50031-079.html

EDIT - my manza is a few clicks short of 100k km's and is on original GP's, hence asking. thanks

Last edited by amit1234singla : 21st November 2013 at 17:09. Reason: Adding PS
Old 21st November 2013, 17:26   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you suspect the one's used by TASS are not genuine? What's the age / mileage on your car?
My car is only 34K in 3 years. Well whenever I take my car to TASS, the very next day something new will happen. Gave it for regular 30K service and next day the GP indicator started blinking. They replaced the GP and next week the speed sensor malfunction started. It could be just coincidence as well, but hard to believe.
sreerknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:34   #119
BHPian

hey guys,
I've got a petrol manza, 3 years old, run only 20k. Had it's share of niggles which have been rectified-
  • the bonnet/hood mechanism was faulty, either it would be loose, or get locked so tight that we couldn't open it. Replaced, and now working fine.
  • LHS power window motor stopped working. Replaced and now working fine

Couple of issues/niggles that I still have, if anyone can point out the solution, or face similar issues
  • The fuel gauge seems very vague. There seems to be a lot of inaccuracy in recurrent readings.
  • Noticed that the RPM needle would fly up for no reason while idling. The engine note doesn't change, but sometimes during idle, the RPM needle 'blips' up and then back down.
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 22:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samar117 View Post
...Couple of issues/niggles that I still have, if anyone can point out the solution, or face similar issues
  • The fuel gauge seems very vague. There seems to be a lot of inaccuracy in recurrent readings.
  • Noticed that the RPM needle would fly up for no reason while idling. The engine note doesn't change, but sometimes during idle, the RPM needle 'blips' up and then back down.
Do you have any issues with temp guage as well? Just a guess - could be an issue with earthing points. This at times sends erratic signals to Instrument Cluster Display. Not sure how to explain better, my car had a similar issue in it's early days and was rectified by tightening a loose earthing point. May help.
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks