Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2010, 22:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Tata Manza - List Of Problems

Very curious about this product. Manza has far less issues or no at all compared to its cousins?

I have read about some electrical glitches, power steering noise at full turn locks and of car bottoming at full load.

Can the owners update us of the issues faced ?
Old 27th August 2010, 02:09   #2
BHPian

If you like to hear something fabulous about Manza, its the fuel coonsumption. Its utterly frugal. I read a test review of Manza delivering fantastic figures. Search on Google and find out more.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:12   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.faramroze View Post
If you like to hear something fabulous about Manza, its the fuel coonsumption. Its utterly frugal. I read a test review of Manza delivering fantastic figures. Search on Google and find out more.
Yes yes, I have a couple of my friends getting more than 21 on their diesel. Very much curious about other's view on FE. I am a bit jealous since my hatch with the same engine gets me only 18.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:39   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
...Can the owners update us of the issues faced ?
Should there necessarily be issues ? I would be happy if there were no (or few) issues in an Indian car . 'Bottoming out on full load ...' is a non-issue, BTW .

Last edited by Blue Thunder : 27th August 2010 at 10:42.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:47   #5
Senior - BHPian

Nice to know that Tata have finally come out with a vehicle with negligible faults. What about the infamous plastic parts quality? Also what about the ratlles? My father in law's Indica started rattling after about a year.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:08   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I am a bit jealous since my hatch with the same engine gets me only 18.
No need to be jealous. Manza's engine hasn't been used in any other hatches.
Even in Punto's 90 bhp model, this engine isn't used.
Old 27th August 2010, 12:35   #7
BHPian

Things I have faced so far,

- Alternator stopped working after 3 weeks. Had to replace it under warranty. Car was in the garage for 1 week.
- Left power window switch stopped working after 1 month. Repaired by service center guys.
- Tail lamp cluster stopped working after 2 months. Now has to replace some electrical controller. Per service center it will take 1 week.

Not sure if anything else will come up later on. Do i repent after buying this car? Ah, will write about it later on. I am a newbie to team-bhp so little bit at a time.
Old 27th August 2010, 23:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
No need to be jealous. Manza's engine hasn't been used in any other hatches.
Even in Punto's 90 bhp model, this engine isn't used.
Is it ? I thought Fiat 1.3 with a VGT is being used in Manza as well as Punto 90. Somebody can re confirm this ?
Old 27th August 2010, 23:21   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Is it ? I thought Fiat 1.3 with a VGT is being used in Manza as well as Punto 90. Somebody can re confirm this ?
IIRC its the same engine in Manza/Linea and now the Punto 90bhp.
Old 28th August 2010, 04:19   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
IIRC its the same engine in Manza/Linea and now the Punto 90bhp.
Yeah, they all are the same with different levels of 'tune'.

Well, I'm not a Manza owner, and these are not problems exactly, but then these are some things that I noticed when I test drove the Manza.

There is plenty of body roll, and the car does not inspire confidence at all. Not a drivers car at all. Steering feedback is negligible.

Somehow I felt that the back seats lacked proper support and I(as a passenger) was thrown from side to side while cornering.

Somehow I couldn't find the correct setting for the lumbar adjust and I found that feature a disturbance/irritation rather than a comfort. The seats kept poking on my back.

The most interesting thing, is that the car which I drove had its speedo disconnected and had not yet completed its PDI. So probably, its a showroom specimen and will probably find its way to some unlucky customer's home.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:06   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post

Well, I'm not a Manza owner, and these are not problems exactly, but then these are some things that I noticed when I test drove the Manza.

There is plenty of body roll, and the car does not inspire confidence at all. Not a drivers car at all. Steering feedback is negligible.

Somehow I felt that the back seats lacked proper support and I(as a passenger) was thrown from side to side while cornering.

Somehow I couldn't find the correct setting for the lumbar adjust and I found that feature a disturbance/irritation rather than a comfort. The seats kept poking on my back.

The most interesting thing, is that the car which I drove had its speedo disconnected and had not yet completed its PDI. So probably, its a showroom specimen and will probably find its way to some unlucky customer's home.
All tata cars I drove felt more of a passenger's car than a driver's car. I just loved them for the amount of space they provided. Not a driver's car. But the VFM factor is so high.
Old 28th August 2010, 21:38   #12
BHPian

The city average that I get in Pune is 13 kmpl with 100% AC. The service advisor says that this is normal and will improve after doing the first oil change at 20000 kilometres. Please let me know if anyone in Pune is also facing similar issues. Any opinion will be highly appreciated.
Old 29th August 2010, 11:14   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
+1. This is what I meant when I said same engine wasn't used. Thanks for clarifying dhanushs.
Old 1st September 2010, 17:34   #14
BHPian

Hi, Manza owners, would like to know if anybody else is facing an odd noise emanating from the front suspension (right-hand-side) when driven over pot-holes. The sound varies from a 'thunk' to a 'bang' depending on the size of the pot-hole.

Repeated trips to the TATA service centers have only resulted in the entire front suspension being replaced, in parts, each trip. Even the driveshaft was changed yesterday, & the issue is as alive as ever. I understand Indicas & Indigos too have this issue, if true, could anybody let me know the 'fix' ? I do not trust the competency of the 'technical' personnel at T.A.S.S anymore.

Also, if I continue to use the car as is, would I be making things worse ? The thing is that while the owner of said Manza (car is just 3 months old) has had this issue from the very beginning, I've got to take care of this car for the next 6 months, & I do not wish to return the car in a worse shape than when I took charge.

I also understand that power windows not working is almost a given in the Manza, could anybody who has experienced this mention the offending part ? Is it just the switches or is it the window motors themselves ? How long does it take the typical T.A.S.S to fix this issue ? I've run out of patience & have neither the time, nor the inclination, to make repeated visits to a T.A.S.S., so that their 'technical' personnel can fix issues by trial-&-error.
Old 1st September 2010, 18:20   #15
Team-BHP Support

Ummm... My closest friend's Manza is now at 10k. I do not see any issues in the car. He gets a very realistic 15kmpl+ in city with AC. This is really very good for a car of that proportion IMO. Also, till date nothing has conked off or started rattling etc as many seem to suggest from time to time about all Tata cars.

So far so good.

Most Viewed