Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 15:47   #16
BHPian

As I said, my Figo has same patches seen in the boot. I have never been hit by anyone from back, so I guess Figo has it like that only. It doesn't look good, but thats the way it is in Figo. I will be surprised if any Figo in that lot does have a clean boot with no patches!
Old 29th August 2010, 15:48   #17
BHPian

Sorry pics. This cannot be in a brand new car, may be the force of the impact created this crack, but whoever has done the repair is fully aware of.
Inspect the car thoroughly and go to the dealer and get it fully repaired/replaced and I suppose you can claim through insurance and like somebody said send an email to Ford with the pics.

@Figopian - is your Figo also rear ended? Can you please post the pics.
Not sure about the severity of the impact, but if all cars is having this crack, and as per the comments the impact was not so severe, then is it a manufacturing issue or the quality of steel used?

Last edited by AvonA7 : 29th August 2010 at 15:58.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Its exactly the same in my Figo.
Same in mine too. There are some cracks. I was rear ended yesterday by a santro but there was no visible damage from outside.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
As I said, my Figo has same patches seen in the boot. I have never been hit by anyone from back, so I guess Figo has it like that only. It doesn't look good, but thats the way it is in Figo. I will be surprised if any Figo in that lot does have a clean boot with no patches!
What is your chassis series? Mine is AU (which means June 2010 batch)

I am waiting for other figo owners to confirm and will write to ford, I cannot accept this as norm!

Other figo owners, please comment.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:47   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^ Exactly, check up with the other owners. The dealer will just push it towards you saying it is not his fault.
Old 29th August 2010, 16:49   #21
BHPian

Mine is AJ (May 2010)
Old 29th August 2010, 16:59   #22
BANNED

The sealant mark (whitish/creamish foam) is common in all car as that is the welded area. What you have to make sure is, No crack or rusting in that part. Attaching the pic of my i20 boot for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
My Figo's boot has some crack marks!!-dsc06046-large.jpg  

Old 29th August 2010, 17:05   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Looks like bumper transferred the entire impact to the main structure. Am I seeing cracks in the chasis, there in the picture?How on earth the dealer can do such a pathetic repair? Was the damages expalined to you?
Poloman is right! You need to get this repaired asap! take it back to the same dealer and ask him to fix this!

Dear Anil,
My figo also has the same patch, My car is black but the patch work is grey in color.
I dont have any cracks there!

I think this is a defect.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 29th August 2010 at 17:10.
Old 29th August 2010, 17:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
The sealant mark (whitish/creamish foam) is common in all car as that is the welded area. What you have to make sure is, No crack or rusting in that part. Attaching the pic of my i20 boot for your reference.

Thanks Wildon for the pic it is indeed a great help for me! So the patches would be there but the cracks should not be!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Poloman is right! You need to get this repaired asap! take it back to the same dealer and ask him to fix this!

Dear Anil,
My figo also has the same patch, My car is black but the patch work is grey in color.
I dont have any cracks there!

I think this is a defect.

Thanks Captain for confirming about the patch!

Could anyone help me with details of why the sealant and how it could be damaged? Is it some kind of a protection for the weld there? help me so that I could talk accordingly with the dealer tomorrow!
Old 29th August 2010, 17:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Anil,
Can you please post a picture of the entire boot below the tyre? remove the trye and post a picture.
Your car did get rear ended right? Damage could be because of that and the dealer forgot to patch it up.

Im going to take a picture of my cars boot so that you can compare. Post back in about an hour or so.
Old 29th August 2010, 20:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Anil,
Can you please post a picture of the entire boot below the tyre? remove the trye and post a picture.
Your car did get rear ended right? Damage could be because of that and the dealer forgot to patch it up.

Im going to take a picture of my cars boot so that you can compare. Post back in about an hour or so.
Captain, sorry I was away! and I cannot take the pic now as it is raining heavily in Pune, will post the same by tomorrow morning!
Old 29th August 2010, 20:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

It is normal IMO. I have seen it in all my fords.
Old 29th August 2010, 21:03   #28
Senior - BHPian

the seal is common and its nothing to be worried but the crack in it is not.
its due to a major impact in the back. This will effect the rear alignment and the resale value of the car.
Get the car checked on a Jig
Old 30th August 2010, 11:45   #29
Senior - BHPian

The crack is leaking water, showed it to the driver who was sent for collecting the vehicle, will talk to the service center guys and would let you know!
Old 30th August 2010, 21:56   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
The crack is leaking water, showed it to the driver who was sent for collecting the vehicle, will talk to the service center guys and would let you know!

Sealant and such a Large Crack is certainly two different stories.

You can write a e-mail to FORD and ask, I am sure they'll be happy to bring into light the exact amount of acceptable sealant and on the other hand they could help you find if you were given a repaired vehicle by dealer which
is certainly very shocking, shameful unacceptable.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks