Team-BHP - I solved a big problem for Rs 110 which Vinayak Skoda could not repair
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   I solved a big problem for Rs 110 which Vinayak Skoda could not repair (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/87934-i-solved-big-problem-rs-110-vinayak-skoda-could-not-repair-2.html)

Common sense went out the window ages ago!

Sunday night had heavy continuous rain and the car was bone dry - am relieved!

Good DIY Ajmat, I like doing these jobs myself where the A.S.S brain fails, DIY works :)

I am adding some more to this. Maybe you call the SA again:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2047920)
"Brnng Brrnng"

"Hallo"

"Hi, this is Ajit, regarding the sunroof"

"Saaar, you said you fixed it? Not workkking?"

"It is working fine. I forgot to tell you this. I posted the DIY in TBHP with photos so now everyone can do it if needed".

" " silence

"Helloo"

"Helllooooo"

" " silence

click

:D

The roof lining of my vRS has "flopped down" in the rear section of the car (just above the passenger seats, the portion above the front seats is ok). I did not have any leakage through the sun-roof during the rains neither any dampness on the lining. Skoda dealer suggested its normal due to high humidity in Mumbai, car is 7 years old and that the entire roof lining would require replacement. I was ready to go for it. The dealer called in a 3rd party who would do the job. The sample of the lining that this chap showed to me looked utterly cheap (it was very thick and had a corduroy type pattern whereas the original roof-lining is thin and plain). I asked this chap if the same lining could be glued back and his response was yes but there could be bubbles.

Can someone suggest another place where I can have the roof lining fized?
Thanks.
Bomi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomi (Post 2982984)
Skoda dealer suggested its normal due to high humidity in Mumbai, car is 7 years old and that the entire roof lining would require replacement. I was ready to go for it.
Can someone suggest another place where I can have the roof lining fized?

Roof linings, especially the older, un moulded variety, do tend to drop off/sag after a considerable period and yes, humid conditions only add to it.

Coming to replacement, I would suggest you order the original roof lining through the dealer or from an online skoda store (there are quite a few reputed stores who ship to India) and then have it fixed by a competent seat maker in the open market.

Refitting your existing roof lining too is possible but there is a high possibility of folds and/or bubbles forming out of it unless done by somebody who is very good at it. In case you want to give this a shot, I d recommend you go to someone who does seat jobs for classic/antique cars.

Great Work Ajmat.

I think it is time for all Skoda Owners to start doing these types of jobs themselves rather than going to infamous Skoda ASC.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 2047920)
Rang the Service supervisor to tell him

click

Ajmat, Fantastic fix and thanks for rubbing it in with the SA clap:
If only SAs start using common sense!!