Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2010, 00:55   #1
BHPian

Strange Issue with my Autocop XS 8500/8550

I have been facing a strange problem with my autocop since past 2-3 days, whenever I lock/unlcok (Silent/normal), Entire Left Set of Indicators (Front x 2 + Rear) is ON (ON as an Constant and NOT blinking kind), after several attempts of lock and unlock, the light goes away, my major concern is what if it dries out my battery. I have noticed this issue being only when i drive the car in the rain.

So, can someone help me to fix this, Can I do this myself ? eventhough my autocop is under warranty i am not comfortable calling the service guys.

I didnt find a thread with similar issues, so opened a new thread.
Old 1st September 2010, 03:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

This seems to be an issue with water or moisture in some connection. A visit to A.S.S should be in order.
Old 1st September 2010, 08:59   #3
BHPian

Looks like an earthing problem to me. Do the indicators work (left/right) fine otherwise?
Anyways Autocop guys come home and will fix it for you at your convinient time. I did it once and found their service to be good. If there are'nt any major issues, their charges are minimal and most of the times they don't charge at all. Best bet!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...bangalore.html
Old 1st September 2010, 09:22   #4
BHPian

my autocop system had a similar problem last week after it returned from a regular servicing with indicators and reverse horn lighting up arbit.

On inspection, found the negative lead of the Autocop system had been wired back to the battery's negative terminal instead of being earthed as it was before: perhaps by the retards at my mech's place. Screwed the wire back into the earthing bolt and now everything is working fine.
Old 1st September 2010, 16:59   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeva View Post
Looks like an earthing problem to me. Do the indicators work (left/right) fine otherwise?
If i dont lock or unlock, it works fine, If i lock or unlock, the indicator lights remain constant, either left side set or right side set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
my autocop system had a similar problem last week after it returned from a regular servicing with indicators and reverse horn lighting up arbit.

On inspection, found the negative lead of the Autocop system had been wired back to the battery's negative terminal instead of being earthed as it was before: perhaps by the retards at my mech's place. Screwed the wire back into the earthing bolt and now everything is working fine.
Thanks for bringing this to my notice. Yes, even my vehicle had gone for service and a mech in bimal had changed my headlamp holder, probably he did some change to autocop settings.

@cougar, can you tell me or show some pic of this negative lead, i am not a DIY guy, but surely can give a try. Thanks
Old 2nd September 2010, 19:43   #6
BHPian

Since the Problem did not resolve, I had to call Autocop, I explained to him about the issue and he told Main Panel needs replacement and he would bring it, so today he came with a new Head Panel and replaced the unit and everything got fixed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks