Team-BHP - Brembo Brakes in India?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Brembo Brakes in India? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/88150-brembo-brakes-india-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 3951407)
Been using Brembo front brake pads on my i20 for the past 12K kms.

The main benefits of using these over OEM hyundai are

1. Less brake dust - Hyundai OEM dust like crazy and spoil the looks of the alloys within a week of cleaning them. Also the dust is pretty stubborn and needs lots of agitation especially if there was water contact. Brembos dust approx 50% less than OEM and the dust is easy to wash away

2. Better bite when heated up. These being stintered brake pads, they bite better than OEM when heated up. Overall braking improvement over stock is around 25% which is a good improvement.

3.Longer life - OEM hyundai never lasted beyond 25K and these look like they will last beyond 30K easily

Pain points-

These started to make a squeaking sound after around 5K kms of usage. Cleaning of pads removed the sound for sometime but it came back. Small negative for larger positives

Hi Sagar,

Can you tell me where you sourced the brakes from, and did you just change the caliper or the rotor as well ?

Thanks,
Prateek

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekvidya (Post 4022439)
Hi Sagar,

Can you tell me where you sourced the brakes from, and did you just change the caliper or the rotor as well ?

Thanks,
Prateek

I purchased the rotors from one person in Goa. His name was Amit IIRC. Now all cities have their own distributors.

No, i have not changed the caliper or rotor.

Did anybody changed Brembo brake pads in Ford Figo titanium (ABS) model? Hows performance of Brembo brake pads?

These are available at INR 2000.

Landroverlab has opened a new Brembo exclusive store, and as per the owner, they will be soon stocking the entire range. As of now, only Merc, Audi and BMW specific brake pads are available.

I am not sure about the origin of the Brembo products(Indian made/Imported)

Click to Open

Note- No way am I related to Landroverlab, either commercially or personally. I am simply a customer, who sometimes purchases stuff from them. :)

Regards,
Shashi

Heard some stories about selling fakes from Chennai distributor, is it true? Also their name is not listed in official website now except Goa

Quote:

Originally Posted by ::CMS:: (Post 4153124)
Heard some stories about selling fakes from Chennai distributor, is it true? Also their name is not listed in official website now except Goa

Very much possible. I would stay clear of low prices. Pay premium for peace of mind especially when it comes to brakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ::CMS:: (Post 4153124)

May I know which Place in Official website GOA distributors name is listed?

First of all Brembo has 2 official website.

Brembo.com which is their general website
bremboparts.com which is their aftermaket website for OE replacement brake pad catalogue.

Brembo has 4 divisions in Total
Brembo High performance Division for Cars
OE Division for Cars
High performance Division for bikes
OE Division for Bikes

All Divisions have separate Department Independent of one and other and separate Distibutors.

in Bremboparts.com which is site for after market brake pads, to find local dealer near you or any country there is a form to be filled and then Brembo would Contact you and let you know your closest dealer.

The Brembo High performance Division has Big brake kits and HP 2000 pads which are too costly and not a single kit has been fitted in India till date.

There are only 2 official importers in India. Please mind your facts when telling Goa fellow is the only one and his name is listed on any site and others selling Fake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous (Post 4153227)
Very much possible. I would stay clear of low prices. Pay premium for peace of mind especially when it comes to brakes.

Just because your are charged lower price doesn't mean product is fake. it can also mean you were exploited before by being charged higher price.

Surprised to see negative feedback about Chennai distributor of Brembo brake pads. This forum should not be used for rumour mongering based on hear say. Its one of the most reputed platform and providing unbiased feedback by genuine users should be appreciated, as it has been always!

I have personally interacted with the owner of the Chennai distributor of Brembo brake pads and have ordered and installed on my Duster 110 and got it for others in our Team Duster India group. All of us (about 20+ owner's) are pretty happy with the product and professional attitude of Mr.Aashish of United Motors,Chennai.
Many from our group are slowly replacing the stock Brake pads and Rotor's with the ones from Brembo via United Motors of Chennai.

PS: I don't have any commercial interest in United Motors, but wanted to share unbiased review.

Ok, so I bite. :) Although I've been happy with the 'bite' of the Bosch brake system (rotors/pads/ABS/calipers) which is OE in my car I sent an enquiry about Brembo disc pads (and rotors) and the presence of a dealer in Pune. Let me see what they say.

I didnt say who is genuine or not. I asked a question for clarifying a doubt when I got reports about the fakes from couple of members in a group. We were interacting with the Brembo distributor with forum specific discount codes too and many have used that channel.

This question cameup when one of our member was asking for changing the pads and I myself directed them to the Chennai distributor for getting the forum discount, couple of members presented with these info & couple of cases with some accident cases. So I checked the brembo.com and I could find only one name under the distributor for India. So I posted it here before redirecting a member to get more clarification. Thats why I didnt name any. Moreover we never had any issue with Chennai distributor and was getting the lowest price in the market. I am not sure who is illios, if you can clarify things that would be the answer for my question rather ranting on something which I havent thought about.

Rest of the other member's comments , I see as cheap and dirty politics.

Hello there,

How do i know if i just the brake pads or also the rotors to go along with them?

Brake Pads are easy to tell but i don't know of the rotors also need to be ordered.

Please advise

Thanks & Regards
Bharath

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharath79 (Post 4161596)
How do i know if i just the brake pads or also the rotors to go along with them?

Brake Pads are easy to tell but i don't know of the rotors also need to be ordered.

Rotor discs are measured with vernier calipers for thickness. If they are below the minimum recommended thickness (specified in the service manual) then you need to have them replaced.

Any contact number for Brembo dealers in Banglore. I need to source pads and rotors for my bike. Thanks in advance

There is one in Chennai if you are interested. They could ship you the product.

Regards
Bharath

Quote:

Originally Posted by soumobakshi (Post 4153636)
Surprised to see negative feedback about Chennai distributor of Brembo brake pads.

Excellent experience with United Motors (umparts.in) for rear brake pads for my 2011 Cruze. Chevy quoted an astronomical 7.8k for the set manufactured in Changshu, China!

Luckily, I had gone through this thread and also interacted with UM earlier. Asked him for pictures, availability and rates on WhatsApp for both Brembo and EBC Yellowstuff. Brembo was a very reasonable 2,700 + 150 courier charges. Cross-checked with my Chevy contacts. Paid immediately on Paytm, order was shipped same day and received in good packaging on the third day.

I took it Chevy as I have a long-standing relationship with my adviser and the technical manager. Both closely inspected the new set and said it was equal if not superior to the OEM. They carefully checked the rear rotors (fronts have been changed recently) for thickness, cleaned all 4 brake setups and fitted them back for a total outlay of 800 bucks. Impressive bite to the brakes now and happy with both UM and Chevy for doing their bit.

Would highly recommend UM but do ask for SKU numbers and detailed pictures first before ordering. Unsure if they will take it back if wrong specs. Will definitely consider moving to EBC YS for my Octavia when the OEM set wears out. Needless to say, I have zero commercial interest in UM :D

The red box is the Brembos while the yellow/purple pad is EBC YS (sample pictures). The other ones are the OEM spares.