Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:09   #1

Brembo Brakes in India?

Hi!

I'm looking for Brembo brake calipers and discs for Lancer.Except for the Mitsubishi workshop,does anyone know the shop in Mumbai from where I can buy the same .Also lemme know its price if possible.

Thanks in-advance!
Raj

Last edited by Samurai : 2nd September 2010 at 23:52. Reason: removed font tags
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I find it surprising that Brembo has a factory in India, yet it hasn't yet established a distribution network for its performance range.

@ Raj, what I recommend is you procure bolt-on performance brakes for your Lancer from Methods / Petes / N1 engineering. Their contact details here (under the category of "Nationwide Suppliers").
Old 3rd September 2010, 13:14   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I find it surprising that Brembo has a factory in India, yet it hasn't yet established a distribution network for its performance range.
That is certainly not a first. You would be surprised with the number of foreign companies that have their product / component manafacturing companies in India but haven't created a marketing and supply chain for the domestic market. These are 100% export oriented units mostly catering to the demands of the west.

manson.
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
That is certainly not a first. You would be surprised with the number of foreign companies that have their product / component manafacturing companies in India but haven't created a marketing and supply chain for the domestic market. These are 100% export oriented units mostly catering to the demands of the west.

manson.
So true. Last year I imported a new after market radiator for my Cherokee from UK. Its a very non standard design, and guess what, It was manufactured by Banco products gujarat!! So indirectly I paid for the shipping to UK, Margins of the UK dealer and again shipping/handling to India and duties Here!! When I later enquired with Banco, they said these are against specific orders and they do not offer or market such special items directly here. Offcourse, the radiator was nowhere close to the original in finish though it works perfect.
scooby05 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 16:32   #5
BHPian

Brembo Brakes Dealer : United Motors (Chennai)

I was in GP road on Saturday with a friend looking for an audio system for his new swift. Plan was to check options/prices at different shops and then finalize. During this hunt, I noticed a shop with some Brembo logos on it. Closer inspection confirmed that they were not just a sticker shop and dealt with the real deal. Went in and spoke to the owner. Apparently they are the only dealers of Brembo brakes in South India. They have rotors(OEM, slotted, drilled), brake pads, brake fluid etc. Owner is a friendly young chap who seemed quite knowledgeable and knew what he was talking about. He was willing to show us some products even though we insisted we were just there to take a look. He said he stocks rotors and pads for all kinds of cars from hatchbacks, to Executive German sedans, SUVS, sports cars etc. (The parts in the pic were for an F10 5 series)

Im attaching some pictures and their contact details.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Brembo Brakes in India?-img20160409wa0005.jpg  

Brembo Brakes in India?-img20160409wa0006.jpg  

Brembo Brakes in India?-img20160409wa0007.jpg  

Brembo Brakes in India?-img20160409wa0008.jpg  

bivin is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 16:57   #6
BHPian

re: Brembo Brakes Dealer : United Motors (Chennai)

Hey Bivin, Even I got my Mercedes E class brake pads from the same person. The person is a very friendly guy. And the brake pads are excellent.

Below is the link where I had posted my experience
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-costs-10.html
lillios is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 17:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

re: Brembo Brakes Dealer : United Motors (Chennai)

Had brembo rotors and pads in my old Cedia. Braking was pretty damn good.

Funnily enough The brembos cost one quarter (18.5k) of what the local A.S.S wanted for OEM rotors and pads(74k).

Talk about killing two birds with one stone.
reignofchaos is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 11:08   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Brembo Brakes Dealer : United Motors (Chennai)

Guys,

Don't expect anything magical after using Brembo's regular range which is comparable to OEM brakes. If your car has sad OEM brakes, then you might benefit a little bit. Again, the key is OEM replacement brakes vs performance brakes (which would cost a lot more).

Brembo bought KBX's Pune factory and is currently manufacturing there. Last I checked, they were making brakes for two-wheelers only. If not started already, they'll surely venture into cars soon.

There are some more Brembo dealers in India, like this one from Goa or another one from Chennai.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 13:15   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Brembo Brakes in India?

I have and still use Brembo ceramic brake pads on my cars that sport alloys. Braking action is more or less the same, but I hate having to clean the brake dust of my wheels.

Ceramic pads have put a permanent stop to that!

Jeroen
Old 13th April 2016, 13:54   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Been using Brembo front brake pads on my i20 for the past 12K kms.

The main benefits of using these over OEM hyundai are

1. Less brake dust - Hyundai OEM dust like crazy and spoil the looks of the alloys within a week of cleaning them. Also the dust is pretty stubborn and needs lots of agitation especially if there was water contact. Brembos dust approx 50% less than OEM and the dust is easy to wash away

2. Better bite when heated up. These being stintered brake pads, they bite better than OEM when heated up. Overall braking improvement over stock is around 25% which is a good improvement.

3.Longer life - OEM hyundai never lasted beyond 25K and these look like they will last beyond 30K easily

Pain points-

These started to make a squeaking sound after around 5K kms of usage. Cleaning of pads removed the sound for sometime but it came back. Small negative for larger positives
sagarpadaki is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 14:45   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
These started to make a squeaking sound after around 5K kms of usage. Cleaning of pads removed the sound for sometime but it came back. Small negative for larger positives
There are roughly speaking two different sources of "squeaking.

1) Grit, stone chipping etc more or less embedded and or stuck to the pads surface

2) Incorrect installation with the biggest issue typical being not using or putting on the wrong place, brake pad paste. It needs to be applied on the various surfaces where there is metal to pad contact. Apart from the braking surface of the pad, obviously.

So typically the sides of the pad, the back where the brake piston meets the pad etc.
Jeroen
Old 14th April 2016, 01:41   #12
BHPian

Re: Brembo Brakes Dealer : United Motors (Chennai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Brembo bought KBX's Pune factory and is currently manufacturing there. Last I checked, they were making brakes for two-wheelers only. If not started already, they'll surely venture into cars soon.
I crossed by United Motors today, did not go inside but had a look from their display window, could see some rotors and pads with tags marked VW group and another one with BMW.Looks like they've ventured into cars, yet unsure if these are from the Pune plant .
Old 15th April 2016, 11:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

I had a conversation with them, looks like the rotors are being imported from else where. He mentioned about a consignment that is awaiting customs clearance et all! So, this cant be from their Pune facility.
Old 19th April 2016, 13:06   #14
BHPian

The goods come from Italy. In India Brembo only manufacture for bikes. For car's they don't have any plans in near future since they have opened new plant in Mexico.

The people at United Motors just fit Brembo pads on the new Suzuki Baleno.
https://www.facebook.com/unitedmotors91/
lillios is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 14:36   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Their FB page also has a detailed listing.
Attached Thumbnails
Brembo Brakes in India?-screenshot_20160419143320.png  

Brembo Brakes in India?-screenshot_20160419143334.png  

Brembo Brakes in India?-screenshot_20160419143338.png  

Brembo Brakes in India?-screenshot_20160419143344.png  

Brembo Brakes in India?-screenshot_20160419143349.png  

itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks