Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:15   #181
BANNED

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

Its almost two years now, i had major fight with the dealer Pratham Motors and maruti for the same, Pratham guys are not ready to accept that breaks are weak, after numerous calls and complains to Maruti they agree to test my car and after that they replaced the break pads and honed the front disk and rear drums, even after my repeated request of changing the break booster at my cost they refused to do so, felt like there was a catch.
Even after so much of drama there was no improvement in my cars breaking, and I lost the hope and moved to other dealership, my current driving is mostly in city so somehow I am managing with these poor breaks, soon will be getting rid of this ride.
I'll post the pics of my old break pads they are still left with over 75% of life as its got changed only at some 24000 kms.
I don't expect anything from them now specially from a company which is still producing car with same poor break and not bothered about their customers life, I am sure if this could have repeated in some other country Maruti must have closed by now.
Thanks for your detailed post hope some joker from Maruti is reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Baba, there could be million things that could be wrong with the brakes.

Let me list out some of them.

1) Firstly, if you donot have an upgraded brake booster, get one. Its an investment which is worth it even if you have to pay for it.

2) Get the brakes bled, if you are willing to spend just to be sure, get it changed too, not at all costly.

3) Get the rear drums opened and checked if they are scored, rear brake liners checked for wear and wheel cylinders checked for leaks. If all is A OK there, move to the front

4) Get the calipers checked, brake pads checked, see if the disc is scored a lot, see what life is left in the pads. Was your last pad change without surfacing the disc ?

After all these checks and precautions, the brakes will work like a charm trust me.
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:12   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Its almost two years now, i had major fight with the dealer Pratham Motors and maruti for the same, Pratham guys are not ready to accept that breaks are weak, after numerous calls and complains to Maruti they agree to test my car and after that they replaced the break pads and honed the front disk and rear drums, even after my repeated request of changing the break booster at my cost they refused to do so, felt like there was a catch.
Even after so much of drama there was no improvement in my cars breaking, and I lost the hope and moved to other dealership, my current driving is mostly in city so somehow I am managing with these poor breaks, soon will be getting rid of this ride.
I'll post the pics of my old break pads they are still left with over 75% of life as its got changed only at some 24000 kms.
I don't expect anything from them now specially from a company which is still producing car with same poor break and not bothered about their customers life, I am sure if this could have repeated in some other country Maruti must have closed by now.
Thanks for your detailed post hope some joker from Maruti is reading this.
Well if Pratham motors is not taking you seriously, go somewhere else. Fixing this upgraded brake booster is a cake walk in real terms, If I had the tools, I could do it at home easy. There have been so many Bangalore guys in this thread who have got it changed from from dealers, why not read up on those dealers and take and appointment ?

Most Viewed