Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2011, 20:30   #121
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

This is not good news. Specially when the boosters are getting changed under warranty in other cities and we have one change in Bangalore itself.

If one car even consider a make of 200X year can have a replacement under warranty why not the others?

I got the same answer from Pratham, ORR. When I finally gave them the part number of the new booster, they agreed it was indeed there but denied for a replacement under warranty and was asked to replace at my own cost.

While Pratham, ORR is denying the change in warranty why should I get replaced from them. I as well give the charges to Bimal/RNS or some other dealer only because if they are least bothered why am I bothered to increase their profits.
Old 30th January 2011, 20:46   #122
BANNED

Why not show them power of unity?
Sent one mail to mods about what we can do for this issue, i have decided if they are not giving free replacement i am going to sell this car.
Old 31st January 2011, 10:54   #123
BANNED

The way I got replacement was by writing customer feedback and mentioning them I am dis-satisfied with the services of MASS.

Then I did the Test drive with MASS driver on a highway at a high speed and explained key issues and as there was a pressure for Maruti to MASS had to replace the booster
Old 31st January 2011, 11:04   #124
BANNED

Good point Sameer, i am going to give them proper ratings after this service, lets see how Maruti cares about their customers.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:42   #125
BANNED

Another view would be to compare the your car with 2010 and along with Maruti representative who visits MASS.

Ask MASS to fix an appointment and they cant say no to that. (This was my last move but got booster replaced well before that)

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2011 at 18:41. Reason: STRICTLY no SMS language please. Correcting
Old 14th February 2011, 15:49   #126
BANNED

Updates guys, I got my car serviced at Pratham Motors ORR branch they did a good job for rest of the thing including AC vent cleaning 2nd time in past 7 months(LOL easy money) any ways least bothered about it, coming to the main point before going towards break boosters they wanted to check cars break pads and as per them they are over 3 years old now and one of them got crack so need to change, I gave my go ahead and after complete servicing I took the car with service advisor for test drive and didn't felt any difference in actual break affect only apart from the free play of break lever was bit less compared to the older pads.
I complained the same to Mr.Rajkumar but he was hell bent on "No sir that's how Swift stops" of pratham motors and then I demanded why not compare this to 2010 model Swift and to my surprise they said "Yes it should be better in newer model due to continuous improvement in Maruti Products". They are the same guys who initially denied that there's any new break boosters from Maruti.
I have logged a complain to Maruti and their regional representative Mr.Bikram Sathapathy, seeing the response till now i don't have much hopes from either of them let's see. Evening I'll put the mail over here sent to them.
It's height of avoiding such sensitive issue that too something serious like break's.
Looks like Maruti got enough costumers to run their business and happy to play around with existing customer base.
Old 17th February 2011, 22:46   #127
BHPian

Hi, I own a swift Vxi with ABS, after I purchased it second hand a few weeks back, Initial driving gave me a lot of confidence in terms of the brakes, they would respond to even a little foot on the pedal. After a week I decided to give it for service at Green Cars Authorized Service center at Koramangala, Bangalore. After the service, where they cleaned the brake assembly, both front and rear, I could feel that the brakes are slippery, and would not respond as they did when i got the car. The rear brake assembly is absolutely new, and I was wondering if the cleaning of the brakes made it so slippery.

Please advice, what could be the issue, I now see that the car need to quite some time to stop, while earlier (prior to giving the car to green cars for service) it was really a short distance that the car would travel before stopping. I am guessing, is it possible that these guys replaced the brake pads and put in some old pads? Does that happen? I am taking the car to them tomorrow, and would need your help to tackle the guys there at Green Cars, I don't want to pay extra, as I had already paid for the service, during which they cleaned the brake pads etc.
Old 1st March 2011, 18:57   #128
BANNED

@gearbox, Get the break line bleeding done that would solve your problem

The booster issue is with non -ABS vehicles, hence there is no need to change the booster
Old 4th March 2011, 20:42   #129
BANNED

Guys Joke of the century from Maruti Regional representative, check out the conversation. Mods please edit the post if names, mail ids and numbers are not as per rules.
Dear Sir,

As per your query of checking 2009 and 2010 Swift VDI vehicles, I like to clarify that on 2010 we have introduced BSIV for Diesel vehicles and the vehicle used you is BSIII.

In this case we can compare your vehicle with other BSIII Swift VDI vehicle and not with other vehicles. For the further investigation, I request you to give us appointment for the same.

Regards,

Thiyagarajan R.

Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 9:06 AM
To: ROS2/R Thiyagarajan, L-11(SSZ)
Subject: Re: Maruti Suzuki Complaint.

Hi Thiyagarajan,
This is fourth time someone from Maruti is asking for test drive but no one is willing to accept that same breaks in petrol and diesel vehicle will never work properly untill n unless weight of both vehicle should be same, i am ok to test my vehicle once again but my condition is i would like to test against newer 2010 model swift VDi, as in past also i have communicated the same that newer models are loaded with new break boosters for better breaking.
Many of my friends got this change done in their car and all are happy, people from Pratham Motors changed my cars break pads and still the breaking is same, it was simply waste of time and money, apart from few more complains i have against them.
Thanks,
Ajay.

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 07:17:48 +0530 wrote
>

Dear Sir,

Greeting from Maruti Suzuki!

With respective to your complaint Number-7369379363 of your Swift
Vdi vehicle, we need to test drive the vehicle to confirm the brake efficiency.

To fix an appointment I tried to call you on yesterday
evening 4:30pm, but your mobile was not reachable. So to test your vehicle and
solve the problem I request you to give us appointment at the earliest.

Waiting for your positive reply.

Thanks
& Regards

Thiyagarajan R.

TSM
- South-2

Maruti
Suzuki India Limited

Bangalore

080-22127384/85,
Old 4th March 2011, 20:44   #130
BANNED

And i have replied to them along with Maruti care.
Dear Mr.Thiyagarajan,
Are we discussing BS3 Vs BS4?I am not illiterate and can provide you more details on what is BS3 and what is BS4.
It has nothing to do with break, it's just an emission norms for that all car makers do changes in their ECU to match the current emission norms, so please stop all this nonsence and accept the issue with your car, this is my last conversation next my lawyer will take care.

Team Maruti i was not expected this kind of conversation from your local representative who is trying to pull the BS3 vs BS4 when we are talking the break issue.
Thanks,
Ajay.

Really i am feeling that whether i am dealing with Car co. or some local chotu Mistry.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 4th March 2011 at 21:08.
Old 5th March 2011, 12:09   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Brakes Booster Replaced @45k Service

So I did manage to convince my SA at vitesse prabhadevi about the brake booster change and that the new change was covered under warranty, after a few calls they agreed to do it however i had to pay for the following:
1. AC Gas recharging - Apparently they need to remove it (Labour was free)
2. Brake oil and lube
3. Brake bleeding charges (labour) -tried to argue on this but the amount was quite less so let it go.

This change + the new pads have definitely improved the braking by a good margin.
But i think i may have to pay them a visit again because the pedal feels a bit squishy, but the bite of the brakes is considerably better.

Cheers

P.S. This time the brake fluid was not the usual red colour but the transparent whitish types.

Thanks for the update Siddharth. What was the cost of these peripheral services? I have a Nov 2008 Swift Diesel, I believe it is out of warranty now. With the brake booster being in the 3.5 - 4k range + Peripherals + Labour, this looks like a 7k job atleast!
Old 6th March 2011, 14:44   #132
Team-BHP Support

Lol this is very funny indeed, what does pollution norm has to do with braking? Or was the new booster design introduced along with BS IV version?

Am still confused as to why MUL is offering this as a need to basis. When i checked with Mandovi they were politely avoiding the conversation. I am quite happy with the brakes of my car, so never pursued it. But they should give some logical explanation atleast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
And i have replied to them along with Maruti care.
Dear Mr.Thiyagarajan,
Are we discussing BS3 Vs BS4?I am not illiterate and can provide you more details on what is BS3 and what is BS4.
=====================
Team Maruti i was not expected this kind of conversation from your local representative who is trying to pull the BS3 vs BS4 when we are talking the break issue.
Thanks,
Ajay.

Really i am feeling that whether i am dealing with Car co. or some local chotu Mistry.
Old 6th March 2011, 19:42   #133
BANNED

Yes the BS4 came with new break boosters which they are trying to avoid to accept, anyways i am going to call that joker tomorrow before putting it to consumor forum.
And Maruti is not offering this atleast in Bangalore, during last service i was willing to pay for this but now i am sure that i am not going to pay a single penny to them.
Old 7th March 2011, 09:49   #134
BANNED

Quote:
Yes the BS4 came with new break boosters which they are trying to avoid to accept, anyways i am going to call that joker tomorrow before putting it to consumor forum.
And Maruti is not offering this atleast in Bangalore, during last service i was willing to pay for this but now i am sure that i am not going to pay a single penny to them.
@ Ajaybiz Not sure why Maruti guys are giving hard time to you. I got booster fixed in couple of weeks time
Old 7th March 2011, 12:05   #135
BANNED

As Bangalore has the maximum numbers of Swift and till now they haven't given replacement to anyone, must be afraid of the number of Swifts running around with old boosters.

Most Viewed