Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 17:24   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
buntydev said he ll upgrade the booster at his own cost, so I told him that if he upgrades it at his own cost, it should cost around 5 thousand rupees at max.

I got mine done for free only
how did you manage this? I mean what reasoning you gave these guys?
Old 17th September 2010, 17:36   #32
BHPian

Today i spoke to CRM at RNS motors and pratham motors they promtly denied any such circular, on insisting they said they will check with their regional technical head and get back to me.have collected regional technical head email id will write to him. me hoping for positive reply,

keeping my fingers crossed. by the way i own swift vdi non abs nov 2008 model.
Old 17th September 2010, 19:28   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Costs around 3200 bucks, not expensive. With Labour I guess it should reach the 5 thousand mark as u ll need new brake oil too. But its totally worth it.
Thanks a lot Humyum.
Old 18th September 2010, 01:16   #34
Senior - BHPian

Update on the brake booster after day 2 - The brakes are to DIE FOR. LITERALLY DIE FOR IS NOT THE WORD.

Touch and BAM, SHE STOPS. From 140 to 0 is like a whisker. The XM1+'s never used to lock on my old brakes but now they squeal away to glory even with a touch on the pedal.

These brakes are literally are like a wall u hit when u touch the pedal.

Maruti should have researched on this right from DAY 1 rather than after so many years.

PAID OR IN WARRANTY, PEOPLE GO FOR IT !!!
Old 18th September 2010, 17:24   #35
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th October 2010 at 14:25.
BheemBoy is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th September 2010, 11:34   #36
BHPian

Is this update available only for Diesel?

I've got a 2006 Vxi non-ABS, and I'd like to get the upgrade done if possible. Can someone please guide?

Cheers,
R_S
Old 28th September 2010, 14:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Update on the brake booster after day 2 - The brakes are to DIE FOR. LITERALLY DIE FOR IS NOT THE WORD.

Touch and BAM, SHE STOPS. From 140 to 0 is like a whisker. The XM1+'s never used to lock on my old brakes but now they squeal away to glory even with a touch on the pedal.

These brakes are literally are like a wall u hit when u touch the pedal.

Maruti should have researched on this right from DAY 1 rather than after so many years.

PAID OR IN WARRANTY, PEOPLE GO FOR IT !!!
Thanks for letting us know humyum; My car is back after the Modified brake booster upgrade.

Folks I can feel big boost in braking force with same brake pads & discs !!!

I was charged only for consumable (Brake Fluid). The brakes bite stronger and feels lot safer to stop at higher speeds. Did a 110 to Stop on Ghodbunder Concrete road during test drive..... the stopping distance was lesser and felt stronger braking force at Seat Belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamy View Post
Today i spoke to CRM at RNS motors and pratham motors they promtly denied any such circular, on insisting they said they will check with their regional technical head and get back to me.have collected regional technical head email id will write to him. me hoping for positive reply,

keeping my fingers crossed. by the way i own swift vdi non abs nov 2008 model.
Dreamy you should get in touch with Maruti Regional tech rep yourself (search for regional office contact details on Maruti Website) and notify him of your problems/issues with Brakes. I had been complaining about swift brakes for last 2 years. M.A.D changed the brakes and calipers earlier; but are totaly clueless about the Modified booster upgrade circular. I spoke to Regional Tech head to get this upgrade at Dealer's Workshop.
Old 30th September 2010, 08:51   #38
BHPian

One question,

Why the new break booster update only for non-ABS models? does the ABS model have any difference in break booster design from the non-ABS model cars? can anyone confirm?
Old 2nd October 2010, 11:00   #39
BHPian

Any update on this.

I called the service centers in Bangalore, nobody is able to confirm the news.
Old 3rd October 2010, 00:03   #40
BHPian

Guys I bought my new Swift Diesel in July (23/07/10 to be precise). Would my car have this booster already fitted by MUL? I dont find my brakes too soft, it does bite 'reasonably' if not too well. ODO now reads 6000.
Old 4th October 2010, 12:05   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Guys I bought my new Swift Diesel in July (23/07/10 to be precise). Would my car have this booster already fitted by MUL? I dont find my brakes too soft, it does bite 'reasonably' if not too well. ODO now reads 6000.

2010 Swift would be fitted with Modified Brake Booster. I think the 2009 & earlier Swift/Dezire are fitted with earlier non-modified Brake Booster and may have soft brakes!
Old 4th October 2010, 21:36   #42
Senior - BHPian

I guess all the swift diesel-bs4 compliant models have the new boosters, i found mine a bit too powerful.Press and bang instant response.
Old 5th October 2010, 00:54   #43
BHPian

What about a 2010 model Ritz Diesel? Would it come with the improved booster, or should I push for an upgrade?
Old 5th October 2010, 17:43   #44
BHPian

Service centers in Bangalore are telling that they have not received any circular form Maruti about the same.
So what would be the best course of action if i want my brake booster to be changed.
Old 5th October 2010, 17:54   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Service centers in Bangalore are telling that they have not received any circular form Maruti about the same.
So what would be the best course of action if i want my brake booster to be changed.

Please call up Maruti Regional office and speak to Regional Technical head - they should sort it out for you. Alternatively, call up M.A.D and ask for their Maruti Tech reps contact details (they do display this in their office/workshop) and speak to Dealer rep. You will need to convince them that brakes are indeed soft and lack the bite that any car should have.

The Modified Brake Booster Circular is provided to all Dealers; but this information doesnot flow down to Workshop floor.

Couple of T-Bhpians have their Swift's Brake booster upgraded by Maruti for free

-M

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks