Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 12:31   #136
BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel - New Brake Booster Design By Maruti

Really surprised with these mails being sent to customers (especially the Bangalore folks).

In my case, it was too easy (even I was surprised). I had sent a mail to Customer Service about this issue and three days later, my local MASS (where I regularly service my car) called me stating that Maruti has ordered them to change the Brake Booster in my car. No testing nothing.
Took the vehicle there one weekend and got it all changed FOC.

I believe even Goandude got it changed without much of a fuss.

Last edited by f1fan : 7th March 2011 at 12:36.
Old 7th March 2011, 17:29   #137
BHPian

Numerous mails to Maruthi Customer Care regarding the Brake Booster for my Swift VDI 2007 has resulted in nothing. Mandovi Wilson Garden sticks to the point that Brake booster replacements are only for certain vehicles and my vehicles Chassis number does not figure in this list. This is really frustrating since I have always found Swift D braking inefficient and numerous Swift D owners have got the Brake Booster replaced without much fuss from MASS.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Numerous mails to Maruthi Customer Care regarding the Brake Booster for my Swift VDI 2007 has resulted in nothing. Mandovi Wilson Garden sticks to the point that Brake booster replacements are only for certain vehicles and my vehicles Chassis number does not figure in this list. This is really frustrating since I have always found Swift D braking inefficient and numerous Swift D owners have got the Brake Booster replaced without much fuss from MASS.
If your car is Swift 2007 Vdi, then it warrants a replacement, but are u still under extended warranty, because all replacements done are for cars still under warranty.
Dont talk to Mandovi, they only stonewall you, talk to technical guys from Maruti, every Maruti Dealer will have a Service manager (maruti employee) assigned who will take a call for all warranty replacements above Rs.2000, Maruti Dealers can decide on any warranty only if the amount is below Rs.2000.
So dont waste your time talking to mandovi.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:42   #139
BANNED

My car is 2007 Nov car and as per Maruti regional representative its out of warrenty as car has completed 3 years in 2010, which car dealer you are reffering?I have done all the circus from my end talking to their service manager, test drives, replacing unmolested just 26K kms done break pads, escalating it to Maruti but till now nothing seems to be working.
I am waiting for their case closure after that i am taking it to consumor forum.
Today they called and said you car was tested after last servicing but i am 100% sure that no one tested my car apart from me after servicing and i challenged them that proof that service manager or maruti regional office representative really tested my car.Not even they opened the history of my car service record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
If your car is Swift 2007 Vdi, then it warrants a replacement, but are u still under extended warranty, because all replacements done are for cars still under warranty.
Dont talk to Mandovi, they only stonewall you, talk to technical guys from Maruti, every Maruti Dealer will have a Service manager (maruti employee) assigned who will take a call for all warranty replacements above Rs.2000, Maruti Dealers can decide on any warranty only if the amount is below Rs.2000.
So dont waste your time talking to mandovi.
Old 8th March 2011, 11:38   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzaveri19 View Post
Thanks for the update Siddharth. What was the cost of these peripheral services? I have a Nov 2008 Swift Diesel, I believe it is out of warranty now. With the brake booster being in the 3.5 - 4k range + Peripherals + Labour, this looks like a 7k job atleast!
Sorry for the delayed response, i cant seem to trace the invoice for the servicing,apart from the cost related to the brake boosters, you may need to spend on the AC gas recharging + associated costs, so it may be a bit more than 7k

Regards
Siddharth
Old 8th March 2011, 22:14   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
As Bangalore has the maximum numbers of Swift and till now they haven't given replacement to anyone, must be afraid of the number of Swifts running around with old boosters.
Ajaybiz, I don't know why you are having so much trouble. All I had to do was to get my SA to take a test drive. He agreed the brakes had a problem. I got the brake booster changed for free under extended warranty. FYI, the part number for the new booster is 51000M75J11.
They didn't fix the the gearbox though :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddharthdeb View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, i cant seem to trace the invoice for the servicing,apart from the cost related to the brake boosters, you may need to spend on the AC gas recharging + associated costs, so it may be a bit more than 7k

Thanks Siddharth .. got it done for free under extended warranty

Note from Mod: Please use the "Edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the previous post.

Last edited by Stratos : 11th March 2011 at 16:16.
Old 9th March 2011, 03:21   #142
Senior - BHPian

Mine being the first Swift Diesel to get the brake booster changed and co incidentally to Maruti's bad luck me being a team-bhpian posted this thread. They must be cursing the living daylights out of me
Old 9th March 2011, 12:36   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Mine being the first Swift Diesel to get the brake booster changed and co incidentally to Maruti's bad luck me being a team-bhpian posted this thread. They must be cursing the living daylights out of me
Thank you HumYum
I should also thank everyone else at Team-BHP. I joined a week ago and have started reaping benefits so quickly! I would never have known about the brake booster issue if it wasn't for you guys

Last edited by mobike008 : 11th March 2011 at 15:28. Reason: Please STICK to 2 smileys/Post rule
Old 11th March 2011, 13:37   #144
BHPian

Got the Brake booster replaced, part No:51000M75J11, its a Bosch make by the way,
wrote a mail to maruti, next day got a call from the Sagar Auto, bangalore Service manager, took the car out for a test drive with him, he didn't seem to find any fault with the existing brakes & told me so, I just gave him a cold silent hard stare (implying that I dont suffer fools) & he just stammered that he will replace it. The whole job took 2 hours.
The surprising thing was I was neither charged for brake fluid/clutch fluid nor for AC gas charging, they even changed my ciggie lighter which was not a OE fittment free of cost. He even offered me a free car wash, which I declined, he literally begged me to write a mail to Maruti saying that I was very happy with Sagar Auto.
Overall a pleasant experience with Maruti.
So All you guys who are having problems, sit on Maruti's neck & they do the needful.
Going through this thread, I feel Only Mandovi bangalore is refusing to acknowledge the issue
Old 11th March 2011, 15:35   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamdiesel View Post
Numerous mails to Maruthi Customer Care regarding the Brake Booster for my Swift VDI 2007 has resulted in nothing.
Send an email to contact@maruti.co.in
I got a response within a day. Make sure you are checking your spam box. Also, include Chassis No/Reg No, Dealer name and city.
Old 11th March 2011, 17:18   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
My car is 2007 Nov car and as per Maruti regional representative its out of warrenty as car has completed 3 years in 2010, which car dealer you are reffering?I have done all the circus from my end talking to their service manager, test drives, replacing unmolested just 26K kms done break pads, escalating it to Maruti but till now nothing seems to be working.
I am waiting for their case closure after that i am taking it to consumer forum.
Today they called and said you car was tested after last servicing but i am 100% sure that no one tested my car apart from me after servicing and i challenged them that proof that service manager or Maruti regional office representative really tested my car.Not even they opened the history of my car service record.
The car was bought from Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, all services were carried in Sagar itself.
As a policy in Maruti, all major warranty jobs must be done only at the buying dealer itself
From which dealer did u buy your car?
If it is from sagar, go & meet Mr.Anil Rao, he may be of some help, But I doubt they would oblige you if your car is outside warranty.
I had opted for a 2 year extended warranty instead of 1 year by paying extra.
Old 12th March 2011, 09:03   #147
Senior - BHPian

How much did you pay for extended warranty?
2 year vs 1 year
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
The car was bought from Sagar Automobiles, Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, all services were carried in Sagar itself.
As a policy in Maruti, all major warranty jobs must be done only at the buying dealer itself
From which dealer did u buy your car?
If it is from sagar, go & meet Mr.Anil Rao, he may be of some help, But I doubt they would oblige you if your car is outside warranty.
I had opted for a 2 year extended warranty instead of 1 year by paying extra.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:36   #148
BANNED

Latest development with my complain which i logged with Maruti, my complaint Number-7369379363 was closed with out confirming me or taking my acceptance by Maruti Regional representatives, called up the Maruti and after getting the status immediately i told the first line guy to put on his manager and logged another complain with highest priority new complain number- 8279040037, lets see how professionally they deal with customers.
Thanks that at-least they started giving replacement in Bangalore, @GSMINC mate if you don't mind can I have your number please in case if they ask for any proof of people getting replacement in Bangalore or any complain number which you logged with Maruti.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 14th March 2011 at 13:58.
Old 14th March 2011, 15:55   #149
BHPian

I first wrote to maruti through their contact us page on the website when I first read this thread couple of months ago, I got a prompt reply within a week and also a call from Gem motors workshop @ hydernagar, Hyderabad. The person from Gem motors workshop advised me to get my Swift Dzire VDI 2008 model to the workshop so that he can check on this personally so informed him that I would give him a call before I visit their service center.

Couldn’t get time then but happened to visit them unscheduled 2 months back for minor issue, at that time this concerned person was not available. Later visited them again last month for a 9point checkup but didnt check on this issue seriously, but last week when I went for my general service which was due at 40,000kms I thought of discussing this but could only put it back in email with other small issue. Now on Saturday I got the call from the same person so I met him today morning by calling him before I reached the service center, this person was very kind and discussed the entire issue and said he would look what he can do for me on this issue.

Finally around 12pm he told me that they have info about change in brake booster but it was mentioned only for Swift diesel and Ritz diesel but Dzire was not mentioned, so he said that he would check on that and also see that if the Dzire model already has the new brake booster. Now I myself was confused if my dzire really had new one but anyway decided to wait and hear. Finally at around 1pm this gentleman came up to me and said that my vehicle got the old one and he would replace it with the new one and my car would be delivered only by evening, for which I said that I would collect it tomorrow morning as I cant make it to the workshop in the evening. He said that now they have to prepare a jobcard so asked me to wait, after some time a service advisor approached me with the jobcard mentioning the jobs to be done in which it was mentioned at Rs.4000/- for the brake booster, Rs. 350/- as labour charges and Rs.300/- for Brake fluid. I informed him that I am not supposed to be charged for brake booster and labour charges as my vehicle is still under extended warranty for which he said brake booster wont be charged but I have to pay for labour but will check again and let me know. Should wait till tomorrow or until I hear from them.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:00   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
He said that now they have to prepare a jobcard so asked me to wait, after some time a service advisor approached me with the jobcard mentioning the jobs to be done in which it was mentioned at Rs.4000/- for the brake booster, Rs. 350/- as labour charges and Rs.300/- for Brake fluid. I informed him that I am not supposed to be charged for brake booster and labour charges as my vehicle is still under extended warranty for which he said brake booster wont be charged but I have to pay for labour but will check again and let me know. Should wait till tomorrow or until I hear from them.
Nope, you dont have to pay the labour costs.
You would have to pay for the Brake fluid. Some of the folks on this thread have also been charged for the AC recharge too.

Most Viewed