Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

So, you would be banging your head with the dealer and Ford every 10,000KM?
I am sure you will wear out faster than them.

My Tucson clutch has a short life and Hyundai say that's because it's full time 4WD. I told them that I can not live with such frequent clutch overhauls irrespctive of the reason - it's inconvinient as well as expensive and they should supply either upgraded clutch disks or subsidize the price. There are other Tucson owners who are also following up.

The manufacturers should understand that buying an SUV is one thing while maintaining it is another. It's sad that these famous vehicles actually have such issues that manufacturers are aware of and doing nothing about.

Sometimes I wonder, do they really test the cars for say 50,000KM before launching?
They should.
Old 23rd September 2010, 13:39   #17
BHPian

Anand, I hope this is a one-off experience for me with my disks - but one thing is sure, the moment I hear a screech I am rushing to the dealer for pads

And regarding the clamping feeling in the brakes at the start of the day, yes, I get that too on my Fiestas and I was told it is because the pads "stick" to the discs because of the water blah blah, and it's nothing to worry about.

What worried me a lot though, is that a few days back, my left rear tire simply got stuck and refused to rotate, even when the other 3 were moving - and Ford emergency service told me the hand brake cable had got stuck... anyone had similar issues before?
Old 23rd September 2010, 15:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Don't worry till such time that you start feeling a shudder in the steering wheel when you brake at medium to high speeds. That indicates a problem with the Discs.

And, contrary to Siddhesh's pleasant experiences, Fiestas do exhibit disc issues - as mentioned below, I've had problems & so has Unni (to name a couple off hand).
Thanks. I'll keep a hawk's eye on the brakes from now on till the warranty expires.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:05   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks. I'll keep a hawk's eye on the brakes from now on till the warranty expires.
Venu saab, since yours is a low mileage vehicle, I suggest you get the check done nonetheless. All you require is to take off the wheels and do a visual inspection for the waviness on the disc.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks