Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 18:34   #1
ajai_dev

1-1.2k RPM while idling, A.S.S says to change injector CRDi done 40k Accent VIVA

There seems to be a problem with the Accent VIVA CRDi, the problem is that even in idling the RPM needle reaches around 1.2K earlier it used to hover below 1k i dont know the reason for this but it is causing problems in acceleration and maintaining speed.

I recently had the clutch plate changed and the car worked fine. I took the car to the Hyundai A.S.S. in Solan they told me that one of the three injectors is not working properly and has to be changed

They told me it would cost around 70k to change the injector how can this be the fault of a injector, can anyone please tell me if they are trying to get some money out of me without reason since the car has just done 40k and was bought in 2005.

SYMPTOMS

The acceleration dies without any reason one second it works fine and then suddenly the acceleration dies and speed decreases all this while my foot is on the accelerator, the acceleration again goes back to normal after a few seconds.

It almost seems that the accelerator is not pressed at all, i have tried to pump the accelerator when this happened but it did not work whatever i tried to do.

A.S.S. POV

Car has done 40k one of its injector has to be replaced and the injector cant be fixed. The price for the single injector is about Rs.70,000 and it will take 4 days to fix.

MY POV

I have already gotten the clutch plate and the battery changed i cant take a hit of Rs.70,000 more without more conclusive proof. The A.S.S. engg. could not explain exactly what was wrong with the injector, i am wondering if its a problem with a injectors it could be a idling valve or something else.

CONCLUSION

If the problem is really injector related then its a big problem because that would mean i will have to spend 70k on my old car that i wanted to use as a secondary when i buy a new one after a few months "Waiting for Linea 1.6".

The best thing to do in that case would be to sell the car and get a new one which i really dont want to do, so what do you people think can it be injector related problem?

Last edited by ajai_dev : 24th September 2010 at 18:36. Reason: Changing the title since A.S.S comes up as *** in there are no dots in between
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2010, 07:22   #2
BHPian

@ajai_dev

Posting this thread in tech section would be more rewarding
Hope you get your problem solve with the help of TBhp
Cheers
Old 25th September 2010, 08:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

since you are solan i would advise to drive down till Chandigarh and have it checked here. And will also advise you to go to Burail and buy the injector from a totaled car as the cost quoted by A.S.S. is to much
Old 25th September 2010, 09:12   #4
Team-BHP Support

Mods note: Thread moved to Technical Section.
Old 26th September 2010, 01:33   #5
ajai_dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
since you are solan i would advise to drive down till Chandigar
I agree i will come down there when you say Burail do you mean "Burail Engineering & Fabricator" or something else? Ya dont have much of an idea where i can get the injectors from :P there. Will take a second opinion from the Chd. A.S.S also just to confirm. I am not sure how a non functional injector can cause the symptoms it may be a scam lets see.

Old 26th September 2010, 07:25   #6
BHPian

I don't think so that the problem is of Injector.

I would suggest following to be done

Please get the Throttle Position Sensor Cleaned.

I faced a similar problem in my 1.9D Fiat - cleaned the Throttle Position Sensor - problem is gone.

Let me know the result.

Thanks & Regards
Anupam00
Old 26th September 2010, 07:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
I agree i will come down there when you say Burail do you mean "Burail Engineering & Fabricator" or something else? Ya dont have much of an idea where i can get the injectors from :P there. Will take a second opinion from the Chd. A.S.S also just to confirm. I am not sure how a non functional injector can cause the symptoms it may be a scam lets see.

Yes you should come down to Chandigarh and their are around 4-5 authorized workshop and you could consult one or two workshop.And by burail i mean the scrap market they have everything from contessa spare parts to optra magnums climate control unit.
Old 26th September 2010, 10:17   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajai_dev View Post
...even in idling the RPM needle reaches around 1.2K
They told me it would cost around 70k to change the injector
Doesn't look like an injector issue at all; a faulty/misfiring injector would result in the engine knocking and vibrating - remember, it's a 3-cylinder engine, and loss of power in one cylinder sets off a very unbalanced firing cycle. And you'll get smoke from the tailpipe if an injector fails.

IMO this is related to a fault with one of the sensors, or fuel quality. First off, clean the fuel tank, fill with fresh diesel, add an additive like System-D, and do a high-RPM run for, say, 20-30 km. Don't rev the engine on neutral. If this doesn't work, run a scan on the ECM.

In any case, 40k km is too early for injector failure. 70k for a single injector is ridiculous - Hyundai A.S.S. prices are around 27-28k each, but the same injectors are available in the open market for around 8k each.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Agreed that it is not a injector issue.
If fuel tank found dirty/ water contaminated, change filters.

One thing I cannot corelate is the increase in idling speed.
Is this car a throttle by wire design?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 26th September 2010, 12:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
...change filters.

One thing I cannot corelate is the increase in idling speed.
Is this car a throttle by wire design?
Yes, that too. The diesel filter ought to be replaced.

Nope, it's a cable throttle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks