Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2014, 19:43   #16
BHPian

Re: Punto - Electrical problems!

Some more frustrating updates on 28 Oct 2014

I went to Pandit Auto, Bavdhan today to give me Punto for servicing, and as I was informed by by SA (Subodh) in the afternoon, the previous job card was not closed since they haven't yet resolved the warranty issue. He said I'd need to only pay as per estimate (Rs 7800, though actual bill would be a bit less as SA mentioned) of the paid service today and they would only issue me a payment receipt and invoice would be generated only once the warranty issue is resolved. I reluctantly agreed, but when i went there the cashier was somehow not ready to let it out with only today's amount. After 1 hour of discussion he finally gave receipt and gate pass.

The discussion is the long story that I'll save for later, but I am quite frustrated with their attitude. I have shown my extended warranty booklet and my extended warranty expires on 28 Dec 2014, so it is very much within extended warranty and I don't know why it has to be such a convoluted process. IN fact, I shjouldn't be arguing with them about it, since it is still valid - they must themselves give it without me even discussing all this.

Some annoying comments from cashier - they (FIAT) take 3-4 months to give us the payment (Is it my problem? I have paid for extended warranty, the dealer and fiat should take care of it).

SA - Actually, your is third party claim with Global and blah blah....(Again, is it my problem? FIAT decides who to collaborate with and they should handle these claims. I am buying it from FIAT and they must ensure my claim gets settled.)

I will try and update more later as I get time. As of now, I am still not sure if I'd be made to pay for that part (amount is Rs. 9000+ roughly). And I am frustrated with all these arguments. Do you suggest I should write to FIAT proactively now?
Old 31st October 2014, 11:24   #17
BHPian

I wrote to Mr. Mangesh of FIAT yesterday and he replied late evening with this reply -

Quote:
Sir ,

Thank you for your communication , we regret the concern .

Matter is coordinated with region – dealer for update , we will revert back to you , till then we request to please bear with us .

Please be informed , extended warranty is operated by third party back up by insurance complaint & governed by their policy .

With warm regards,
Mangesh Kodalkar
Head- Customer Care
Old 31st October 2014, 14:14   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
I wrote to Mr. Mangesh of FIAT yesterday and he replied late evening with this reply -
This is specifically where companies like this deserve the bad press. I suggest you to post about the delay on social media. Time a world wide audience woke up to the real face of such manufacturers.
https://www.facebook.com/fiat.india
Old 31st October 2014, 14:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Some more frustrating updates on 28 Oct 2014

Do you suggest I should write to FIAT proactively now?
Absolutely yes and not just for this experience, but also asking them to refund the previous expenses to you. Send them a link to this thread and tell them this would go onto FB and Twitter soon if this is how FIAT customers are treated at their branded shop. I mean, they are not with TATA anymore to look at FIAT like a third party vendor.
Old 4th November 2014, 14:57   #20
BHPian

I received call from Mr. Amit claiming to be calling from Fiat India - on Saturday 1stNov he informed me that my complaint is registered and they are looking into it and yesterday 3rd Nov, he asked me the details - he wasn't sure if my car is with me or with the dealer and if the issue has been fixed. Wonder why was that since I had written in details to Mr. Mangesh Kodalkar about the extended warranty issue. Not sure what information actually got conveyed. Still waiting for some resolution from FIAT!

Last edited by manish7 : 4th November 2014 at 15:03. Reason: corrected typos
Old 20th November 2014, 22:08   #21
BHPian

Well, still haven't heard anything from them as of today (20 Nov 2014). Should I ping them and ask or wait for them to get back to me? After all, they need money!
Old 21st November 2014, 14:12   #22
Senior - BHPian

In extended warranty. First 3 years warranty belongs to Fiat. The final 2 years warranty is dealer-level warranty. It is better not to take extended warranty because it is a ping-pong between Fiat and dealer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks