Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2010, 15:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Experience - Castrol Magnatec Vs Total Quartz 7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Can I use it on my Camry?? Please suggest.
Also how will I know what engine oil does my car has?? Is it possible to identify the difference between synthetic and semi-synthetic by looking at it??

Note - All services were done in Toyota authorized dealership.
I don't know whether it will be easy to tell the difference by just looking at the container. It just mentions that this is a synthetic oil can. I am guessing, going by the price it would be a semi synthetic one.

I don't have much idea what should go in a Camry. The dealer though had a chart showing which oil should go in which car and what quantity is required.
Old 11th December 2010, 19:26   #17
BANNED

I moved to total7000 around a month back .
I had been a loyal user of magnatec since long.
And my experience says total is so much better than magnatec.
Eg, We have winters here in delhi.With magnatec the engine used to hiccup a bit during early morning acc. under cold engine , with total 7000 the hiccup is not there at all.This does not mean i am gunning the gas before warm up.
It is a big difference when engine is cold.
Also the response from accelerator has also improved a bit.

Thanks
Old 12th December 2010, 14:55   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Does anyone know what is the exact grade/brand of oil used by the MASS for Swift?
MSM Okhla, New Delhi is using Servo 10W30 these days.
Old 13th December 2010, 16:54   #19
BHPian

Update : The oil was changed in my car. I could not feel a major difference. Maybe it will take some time to settle in. I have hardly driven 30 Kms after the service. Before Total I was using Shell Helix (mineral Oil?).
Old 13th December 2010, 19:14   #20
Senior - BHPian

I found some specs on the Quartz 7000, looks fine but the one thing everyone needs to check is the API spec in their Manual as specified by the OEM.

This Oil is meant for both Petrol and Diesel engines but is CF rated. If not meeting look at the other variants for it (attchd).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Total 7000.pdf (25.3 KB, 1493 views)
File Type: pdf Total Variants.pdf (2.35 MB, 1747 views)
Old 25th February 2014, 21:45   #21
BHPian

Hi,
Would you please let me know if i can use Total Quartz 7000 for my Santro Xing? And kindly let me know where i can get Total products in Kochi, Kerala.
Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2014, 16:15   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
The only thing I would do with Magnatec is pouring it down the drain and that's illegal. So I leave it where it is in the shops.
==========
Total Quartz is very good and I am not surprised to have seen these changes in engine behaviour when changing to Total from Castrol.
Castrol Magnatec has a diesel specific oil, unlike Total that has a petrol-only range of products. We have been using Castrol Magnatec 15w40 in our cars and it works much better than Total products. But yes, Ideas and opinions differ.
Old 25th October 2014, 08:17   #23
BHPian

Castrol Magnatec 15w40 Magnatec Diesel gives a smooth feel to the Engine. Maruti Diesel car owners must avoid Total 5000 at any cost. Albeit it is graded as a multigrade engine oil, it is not API C_ rated. Infact it is a very ordinary mineral oil with no such special additives. Shell Helix is the best engine oil for modern maruti diesels. I have driven Maruti Esteem Diesel for 3,00,000 kms and have used only Castrol 15w40 Magnatec Diesel. The car is still in use. I would rate Castrol products above Total products anyday. So Brothers always insist upon Shell/Mobil 1 at any MASS. If these oils are not available, settle down for nothing less than Castrol Magnatec 15w40.(FOR DIESEL MARUTIS). Change the oil every 6000 kms. Just a few more bucks will keep your car as good as new for years. I am still using the Diesel car passed down to me by my father. I intend to pass it down to my son
Old 14th December 2018, 19:34   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I moved to total7000 around a month back .
I had been a loyal user of magnatec since long.
And my experience says total is so much better than magnatec.
Eg, We have winters here in delhi.With magnatec the engine used to hiccup a bit during early morning acc. under cold engine , with total 7000 the hiccup is not there at all.This does not mean i am gunning the gas before warm up.
It is a big difference when engine is cold.
Also the response from accelerator has also improved a bit.

Thanks

Hello Trust_In_Thrust
I have recently changed from ever Castrol magnatec to Total Quartz 7000 in Santro Xing. Driven 200 kms till now after oil change, and My experience is Castrol magnatec is better in engine protection and NHV handling then Total quartz 7000.
Contrary to yours I experience increased engine Noise and Vibration in gear lever. my conclusion is that Magnatec really has More clinging ability in engine parts and maintains better film over ALL engine parts in various engine RPMs and Load.

Thanks

Most Viewed