Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 20:28   #1
BHPian

Baleno Fuel pressure regulator

Hi,

I have a suzuki vitara, which has exactly same engine as Baleno, ie G16B. The car did not feel like it had linear power. The power was erratic and after a lots of reading and Do-it-yourselves diagnostics, I figured out that Fuel pressure regulator if faulty.

I tried to find one in Kathmandu but could not. I called a store in Delhi, whose name I got in teambhp forum.

I explained to him what a fuel pressure regulator and to this he said "achha, aap jo bol rahe hai, wo "fuel return valve", abhi mere pas nahi hai.

I bought a maruti omni FPR and put it in. Wastage of money, the OMNI FPR could not hold the pressure and was sending a way more fuel into return pipe.

Next I tried santro's, again wastage of money. Bit better than OMNI but still could not hold the pressure. I have still put this thing on my car except that I have removed the vacuum lines from it, so it is closed always. Though it is closed, it still returns fuel to tank.

Because of this my car feels like I am driving an alto with 5 big guys in it and the AC on. It misfires at low rpm as it starves for fuel.

Can somebody advise where I might be able to find a Baleno Fuel pressure regulator. My nearest town is Gorakhpur, followed by Lucknow, and Delhi.

Are there any online spare parts store in India.
Old 1st January 2011, 02:24   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Baleno Fuel pressure regulator

Why dont you contact the nearest Maruti Service Centre in Gorakhpur or Lucknow? lookup for the phone numbers on the Maruti website.
Old 5th January 2011, 00:01   #3
Senior - BHPian

are you sure its Fuel pressure regulator that is the problem.

i mean this is a MPI engine and there can be numerous other issue with cause erratic power delivery. Aru problem pani hunu sakcha

BTW the regulator will cost about 6.8k. Will ask my MASS owner friend if he can get it and will send it to you. you have to get it collected from siliguri. If its ok with you.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 20:38   #4
BHPian

I got one from US for under 100 dollars. But I need another because my mech tells me that it is not up to specs.

SirAlec,
Can you let me know if I can get the following from your MASS friend,

Timing Belt, Water pump, 1 injector,

Sorry for delay, I checked Tbhp after a while.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:46   #5
BHPian

I would suggest talk to MASS Delhi on phone, schedule an appointment, drive the car to delhi, fix the issue and drive back.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:58   #6
BHPian

Driving car to India from Nepal is troublesome. I need embassy permit first and then whole lot of other things. Taking car from India to Nepal is much easier. The reverse is very difficult.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks