Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2005, 14:06   #1
BHPian

esteem muffler woes

Hi,

I have a carbed '95 esteem which has run about 58K kms till date in Mumbai. From the past few years I have been facing a perenial problem of the muffler of the silencer giving away within 1 year of replacement leading to 3 to 4 muffler changes within the last 3 years.

The car is used only on the weekends and that too for an avg running of 10 to 15 kms per week. I have even tried fitting mufflers directly from the manufacturer (Jagrala) who happens to be one of the popular guys in this part of the suburbs with no luck.

Have anyone of you faced similar problems with your vehicle ? also details about any other tried and tested muffler brands fitted on your vehicle would also help...

~A
Old 6th December 2005, 14:18   #2
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd
Hi,

I have a carbed '95 esteem which has run about 58K kms till date in Mumbai. From the past few years I have been facing a perenial problem of the muffler of the silencer giving away within 1 year of replacement leading to 3 to 4 muffler changes within the last 3 years.

The car is used only on the weekends and that too for an avg running of 10 to 15 kms per week. I have even tried fitting mufflers directly from the manufacturer (Jagrala) who happens to be one of the popular guys in this part of the suburbs with no luck.

Have anyone of you faced similar problems with your vehicle ? also details about any other tried and tested muffler brands fitted on your vehicle would also help...

~A
Hey,

There are plenty of guys who make reliable mufflers. I suggest you fit a ss muffler to solve your problem costs approx 3.5k. I have my own fellow who makes them(ms) and they lasted for about 2 years. he give a 1 year guarantee. There is Automech who also gives a 1 year guarantee. Pm me if interested.

Viper
Old 6th December 2005, 14:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

Get a proper stainless steel exhaust made from T304 grade stainless steel. It will cost a bit more but this is very high grade steel and such exhausts usually come with a lifetime warranty.
Old 6th December 2005, 14:46   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey,

There are plenty of guys who make reliable mufflers. I suggest you fit a ss muffler to solve your problem costs approx 3.5k. I have my own fellow who makes them(ms) and they lasted for about 2 years. he give a 1 year guarantee. There is Automech who also gives a 1 year guarantee. Pm me if interested.

Viper
3.5K upfront for a ss muffler seems a bit heavy on the pocket especially since the once i replaced cost 700 to 800 bucks and so for the economics to work out an ss muffler should last atleast 4 yrs if not more...

Is there a possibility of finding stainless steel muffler in the grey market...say cst road kurla or chor bazaar at cheaper rates ...??

also, any pointers on the rates charged by "your" fellow and automech would help...

~A

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks