Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 17:03   #16

Sure Srini.

I have been trying to locate the said harness C42/G55. I will be going to my mechanic since I couldnt locate it. Taking a few days off for Diwali, so wont be able to work on the project.

Will get back with all updates.

Cheers
Vaibhav
Old 21st December 2010, 11:01   #17
BHPian

Re: Instrument Panel RGB LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by goelvaibhav View Post
@im_srini: Thanks for the info. I think I dont have the correct manual. Can you post/host it or give me a download link.

Thanks
Vaibhav
Hi Vibhav, have you dropped the idea of doing this? Today morning something struck me. Shall we use a condenser mic or something inside the engine bay which will give an electronic output depending on the engine note and hence depending on the engine rpm? I am not sure how well this would work in practicality, but in theory it should work. You can give it a try since it may not be very difficult to make a circuit which depends on the condenser mic output.
Old 13th August 2014, 23:46   #18
BHPian

LED Instrument Cluster and LED Dash Lights for 2001 Opel Corsa GLS 1.4

I am the proud owner of a 2001 Opel Corsa 1.4 GLS.

Brief history - this car was my constant ride during the years 2007-2009, post which i moved out of Hyderabad and the car was used as a 2nd car within my family, Mostly handled by drivers - Scratched, misused, abused and what not.

This Corsa has been underused since the past year or so and was kept to a corner where it collected quite a bit of dust, but no rust. I moved back to Hyderabad a month back and decided to start re-using the car, my initial thoughts were to sell it - but, knowing what the market is for a Corsa i decided against it. now that the plan to sell it got shelved, i decided to get it back up and running. one trip to the Kun service center and the car was back in shape mechanically (well, almost - Ordered a new windscreen, front swing arm, and power window switch kit which should come in the next 10 days or so from Gujarat). I would like to give a mention to Kun Service Adviser Vijay raju who really did a fantastic job of identifying all the problem areas, repairing the parts which needed to be and being an overall good guy. The service experience was exemplary.

I have been driving the car around for the past 2 weeks, my respect for German engineering has hit an all time high. This car is 12+ years old, done more than 1,00,000 Kms, weathered the weather and bad drivers and inconstant servicing; but, with a little bit of love and care it is purring like a dream. The AC works like a charm - cools the cabin quickly, i'm getting around 12 kms to the litre, pulls into 3 figures pretty quickly and the suspension eats up the bad roads like nobody's business. In short - i dont think i need a new car, when the old one works so well (touch wood).

Ahem! now the LED conundrum - I want to replace all the lights within the car to White LED's, especially the ones behind the instrument cluster, behind the AC switch/dash and below the power windows. (Images for sample only - and they belong to their original owners)

after some research i have found out that the parts i need are the following:
1. 509T LED's - around 10
2. T5 LED's - around 10

I have found some good DIY videos out there for doing the replacing, () however i am having a tough time sourcing the specific parts. Most of the car shops in Hyd seem to have just the one type of LED for the main interior light of the car, the rest they don't stock (obviously) since not every one has crazy project ideas like me.

Could someone please help me source these specific LED's here in India or connect me to the right person/company which can do this for me. Any help would be highly appreciated, will definitely post the pre & post pics once done for future reference on this forum.

Thank you
Aries
Attached Thumbnails
Instrument Panel RGB LED Lighting-corsadials136889079851979dae82107.jpg  

Instrument Panel RGB LED Lighting-astra-g-dash-kit-white010101.jpg  

Instrument Panel RGB LED Lighting-imag0493_zpsa1f59c49.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks