Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2010, 23:40   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat to fix faulty AC in the linea and punto, entire HVAC system redesigned

Guys, Has anybody got this done ? My cousin has a petrol Linea in Chennai and you really feel the AC's ineffectiveness here. I've told him to check with the dealership.
Old 31st December 2010, 01:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Its interesting. Considering Palio MJD had a chiller of an AC and even Italy is a rather warm country - where it must've been designed! But anyways - really nice move by them to retrofit it for existing customers.
The Palio and the Sienas of yore had their design work done in Brazil. A country much closer temperature wise to our own. The new Lineas and the Puntos had much of the design work done In Italy and to some extent in Turkey?? Both are warm by European climatic conditions but are still cold countries. They must have compensated for their hot weather markets but apparently not enough.

Another thought, I do not think that complaints out of our country alone would have made them look at the problems this seriously. The numbers they sell here do not justify that line of action. They must have had a whole lot of similar complaints from South America which by far is their largest market and now that they have a solution they are providing the same here too. That last bit is indeed progressive thinking on Fiat's part.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:15   #33
J.Ravi

Yesterday, when I went to Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, to buy a spare 4 litre can of Selenia K petrol engine oil and windscreen washer fluid, I enquired about AC kit replacement. I was informed that the kits are already received by them and they are fitting in all petrol Lineas and Puntos that are brought for servicing. They checked my Linea's VIN and confirmed that it needs AC kit replacement. I was suggested to take an appointment and bring my Linea any time from the next week. But, I have decided to wait, watch and then take the plunge.

Old 27th January 2011, 18:09   #34
BHPian

Hi Has anyone got the AC kit replaced recently, any update from owners of Lineas & Puntos in Bangalore. I tried calling concorde, but even they are not sure.
Old 28th January 2011, 16:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Has anyone got the AC kit replaced recently, any update from owners of Lineas & Puntos in Bangalore. I tried calling concorde, but even they are not sure.
@Samsan

Yesterday I received a call from TASS that they have new AC kit. Today they changed the AC kit in my car. They put new radiator and some pipes(I forget the same). As per service advisor new radiator is bit large and fan also bigger and fan run at more speed then older one. They also put some L-shaped thing(not sure of the name) after the radiator at corners and size is about 1 and half feet. As per them this allow more air on radiator. There is no change in compressor. Total bill is around 15K but covered under warranty.
Also Fiat told them to change as much AC kit before March. TASS putting new AC kits at least 3-4 cars in a day.
TASS taken around 4 hours to complete the job.
I was really surprised when TASS called me to get my car to their workshop to change AC kit.
My car is Punto E+ 1.4
Old 28th January 2011, 21:11   #36
BHPian

My 1.4 Petrol Linea is of Oct'10 make and I have got delivery in Nov'10.
Because of cold season I have not really tested the full capacity of A/C yet. But since last week (as Hyderabad temp is rising )I am finding it is bit less effective. It tooks more time to cool and passengers on rear seat complains about A/c is not effective.
Can anybody confirms exactly from which lot onwards FIAT is replacing A/Cs?
Old 1st February 2011, 11:59   #37
BHPian

Hi,

I had seen few queries on other related threads, if the ac kit replacement is only for Petrol and not diesel Linea's.

I had checked with Mangesh and he has confirmed that the AC replacement is only for the Petrol Linea's.

I have seen quite a lot of threads in TFI where folks have got the ac kit changed by Fiat.
Old 2nd February 2011, 15:43   #38
An1
BHPian

A very sensible move by Fiat..which will help their image and goodwill.

Mine is a Fiat Linea MJD, never felt the cooling less effective..but this initiative gives a feeling that Fiat India is thinking even about its existing customers and not just focusing on acquiring new customers.

Even the January 2011 figures are good for Fiat. Wish them All the Best !!
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:48   #39
BHPian

I just confirmed with my Dealership. They took down my Vehicle registration number and confirmed that it will be replaced under warranty.
Old 3rd February 2011, 12:26   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

I took an appointment from the FIAT dealer ship to replace teh AC kit FOC.
The service Engineer told me that It'll take 2 days for the replacement.
Getting ready to stay home during the weekend :(
They have confirmed that this will happen only on Petrol vehicles.
This thing has appeared in Monday's TOI (31 jan 2011)
This will happen for i20 also It seems. My friend with an i20 called his dealer and they don't seem to have any info on this.
Old 5th February 2011, 20:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I took an appointment from the FIAT dealer ship to replace teh AC kit FOC.
The service Engineer told me that It'll take 2 days for the replacement.
Getting ready to stay home durssing the weekend :(
They have confirmed that this will happen only on Petrol vehicles.
This thing has appeared in Monday's TOI (31 jan 2011)
This will happen for i20 also It seems. My friend with an i20 called his dealer and they don't seem to have any info on this.
Hi Hemanth, which service station in Bangalore is doing this? I have a Jul 2010 Linea E+ Petrol and I have repeatedly told KHT Motors regarding the AC issue and every time they tell me it's fine and there's nothing that I am able to do. Please let me know if it is KHT Motors, Prerna or Concorde?

During my last service, I had complained about AC performance especially at the back seat as rear seat blower air flow is very less. Besides my engine often stalls and MID gives a message "Insufficient Engine Pressure, Switch Off the Engine" and when this happens Temperature Guage moves to top position and Red Warning Light comes on.
Old 5th February 2011, 23:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Hi Hemanth, which service station in Bangalore is doing this? I have a Jul 2010 Linea E+ Petrol and I have repeatedly told KHT Motors regarding the AC issue and every time they tell me it's fine and there's nothing that I am able to do. Please let me know if it is KHT Motors, Prerna or Concorde?

During my last service, I had complained about AC performance especially at the back seat as rear seat blower air flow is very less. Besides my engine often stalls and MID gives a message "Insufficient Engine Pressure, Switch Off the Engine" and when this happens Temperature Guage moves to top position and Red Warning Light comes on.
Your engine stalls and you are still driving around. Great we need more people like you to drive our economy forward. Engine stalls frequently, ultimately seizes, owner buys new car and repeats above boosts manufacturing growth numbers to a new high.

Take your car to the A.S.S. immediately. Either your car is out of/low on coolant or worse & more likely running very low on engine oil. Frequent engine stalling being an ominous indication. Have you checked either of these?

If the ac is being retrofitted by Fiat you can go to any A.S.S. and get the job done but before that have the above looked into before your engine completely dies on you.
Old 5th February 2011, 23:37   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
OT:
Waiting for this summer to test it out i20 A/C performance this time. Last summer it was a total disappointment.
Old 6th February 2011, 08:49   #44
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
which service station in Bangalore is doing this? I have a Jul 2010 Linea E+ Petrol
Concorde Motors, Dairy Circle, Bangalore, are doing this AC kit upgradation. You can call them, check if your Linea is covered for the upgradation by giving its VIN, fix up appointment and get it done.

Old 6th February 2011, 09:51   #45
rbp
BHPian

Wow Fiat Wow, this is how you build customer confidence. Hyundai you better read this and stop giving stop gap AC solutions which arent good, come this summer and we will hear plenty of i20 guys complaining for sure.

PS:- I have the ECU update on my i20, there is a slight improvement, but when I had been to a hot and humid place recently it was back to square one:(

Last edited by rbp : 6th February 2011 at 09:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks