Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2010, 10:32   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

All you need is the diary note and not the FIR. The constable on duty should be able to give the same to you. If not then raise the issue with the senior officers there politely but firmly.
I doubt that this is the case. Had it been a diary note it would had been provided in a minute. You need a copy of the FIR.

Another reason to delay the process is, that in case of multiple thefts they can be clubbed in a single FIR. The primary of course being, to avoid any such FIR in the first place.
Old 10th November 2010, 11:30   #32
Senior - BHPian

FIR means police has to investigate & more importantly (for them) it adds to the total no. of crimes under their beat, a number the police will work desperately to keep as low as is possible by hook or by crook.

A colleague recently had his laptop stolen from his car and the police station under whose jurisdiction the theft spot was gave him a copy of the diary note within 10 to 15 minutes of reporting. To their credit they did advise him to get the laptop's PIN number from the manufacturer to enable them to put the stolen machine on a hot list with their 'cyber crime cell' which actively traces out such machines as and when they go online.

As I understand it, so far the OP has not asked for the diary note copy but has been chasing the ASI for the FIR. Hope it gets resolved to the OP's satisfaction.
Old 10th November 2010, 12:17   #33
Senior - BHPian

@Svaid - I cannot believe that in the country's capital it takes about 10 days to file a FIR. Do you know how much time it will take to file a FIR? Hardly about 15 minutes. You've to write a written complaint in a A4 sheet paper & they'll copy that into their FIR form, open a new file to track the case & give you a copy of FIR.

Its high time mate, you need to escalate this unless you're willing up to give on FIR. Diwali is a no excuse as cops ARE bound to work 24 X 7 365 days a year. Its time to escalate the issue my friend - Delhi Police :: Contact Us
Old 10th November 2010, 23:19   #34
Senior - BHPian

Just for the info.

New ECU is 11k plus tax. But living in Juggad town is a bonus. So look at places like kashmere Gate, etc. Also look at places who strips insurance total loss cars.

As far as FIR is concerned.
Write an application.
and make a copy to in the bottom and fax copies to seniors atleast till SP rank (i think addl. commissioner in Metros) office.
Call their numbers, they are listed everywhere.

This works everytime atleast here in Rajasthan.
Old 17th November 2010, 17:03   #35
BHPian

Update - The ASI finally told me to come to the Police Station at 6:30 PM on 10th Nov and told me to give him a call before I come. He also promised that the job will be surely done. I called him at 6:30 but he didnt pick up the phone. I called him again at 7 and 7:30 PM but no response. Then I received a call from him @ 7:45 PM and then the fun began

He told me that he has been transferred to RK Puram police station and that my case would now be handled by the new ASI who is coming here and gave me his number. I asked him that it's a small thing I need - can he just sign/do it if I come now rather than following up with a new guy who would have to be updated all over again? To this he said that now he cannot do anything and he is anyway tense because of his transfer . I gave up and decided to call up the new ASI the next day.

When I called the new ASI and gave the details - I was glad to discover that he knew of my case ( he referred to my apartment and area ) and told me that he has to collect my papers ( the one I submitted - an application + copy of RC and insurance ) from the old ASI and he plans to do it within a couple of days.

I called up after 3 days only to know that he still had not picked the papers. He told me that he plans to do it in the evening same day. When I called the next day, I was told that he went to collect the papers but couldnt find mine

I told him what all I had submitted and whether I should call the previous ASI and ask him where has he left them. He told me that he will see to it and I should call him tomorrow. I called him the next day only to know that this new ASI has also been transferred to Mehrauli ( Delhi Police seems to be on a transfer spree ). I was like OMG.

I asked him that I am just running around for this small thing and he has to help me out and get it done. He then told me that forget about the old things I had submitted. Just write a new application with the same date and details and go to the police station again. Take the original application and photocopy - get the photocopy stamped by the "Reader to the SHO". He told me that this would be sufficient for insurance and all. 2 minutes later he again called me to confirm whether I had called up @ 100 when I reported the incident - I told him yes I had done that and he said then it's fine, go ahead with what I told you.

So finally today I went to the local police station in the morning and got the photocopy stamped. It was done in about five minutes only but was done by the duty officer rather than the reader. They also told me that this is good enough and no FIR is needed separately

Anyways - after doing that I called up the Tata AIG insurance guy and told him that I have got the application stamped but I dont have a formal FIR. I was told that the application thing was fine and I should give this stamped copy of application and my original bill at service station at Maruti Service Masters from where I had got the car repaired from - he will collect it from there as he has to visit there today. So I went to MSM and submitted the same.

The insurance guy is saying that the claim should now get processed in a week or so. I am keeping my finger crossed - will keep the updates posted here. Heck - it has been a roller coaster till here!
Old 17th November 2010, 21:27   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
Update
I asked him that I am just running around for this small thing and he has to help me out and get it done. He then told me that forget about the old things I had submitted. Just write a new application with the same date and details and go to the police station again. Take the original application and photocopy - get the photocopy stamped by the "Reader to the SHO". He told me that this would be sufficient for insurance and all. 2 minutes later he again called me to confirm whether I had called up @ 100 when I reported the incident - I told him yes I had done that and he said then it's fine, go ahead with what I told you.

So finally today I went to the local police station in the morning and got the photocopy stamped. It was done in about five minutes only but was done by the duty officer rather than the reader. They also told me that this is good enough and no FIR is needed separately

Anyways - after doing that I called up the Tata AIG insurance guy and told him that I have got the application stamped but I dont have a formal FIR. I was told that the application thing was fine and I should give this stamped copy of application and my original bill at service station at Maruti Service Masters from where I had got the car repaired from - he will collect it from there as he has to visit there today. So I went to MSM and submitted the same.

The insurance guy is saying that the claim should now get processed in a week or so. I am keeping my finger crossed - will keep the updates posted here. Heck - it has been a roller coaster till here!
Remember early on I mentioned Delhi Police's motto "Aapke Liye Aapke Saath". Well they have another one " Aapki Sewa Mein Sadev Tatper" and I am happy to note that they have stood by both

Not only did they do you a favour by ensuring that you stay fit with all the running around but they also guided you how to go about the whole thing and they have also ensured that the insurance guys dare not ask for the FIR

In the end "All is well that ends well" hope your claim is settled soon.
Old 18th November 2010, 13:25   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Not only did they do you a favour by ensuring that you stay fit with all the running around
@ Khoj , Yes end of the day the process looked simple although they made me run around for it. While giving me the stamped photocopy of the application, they also recorded the information regarding my name, address, phone, date of incident, details etc in their own register. So I guess at least now there is a record of my case with them!
Old 24th November 2010, 12:36   #38
BHPian

Update - The Tata AIG fellow collected the application stamped copy from MSM on 17th Nov and told me that he will start the processing now. I was thinking of calling him to inquire about the status of my claim but to my surprise yesterday morning I received an SMS from Tata AIG that cheque number XXXXX for amount Rs. XXXX has been posted to my address for resolution of claim number YYYY.

And then on top of it; yesterday afternoon itself - I received the cheque through courier. I have deposited the cheque in my account and hope all will end well. From numbers point of view what I paid for getting ECM thing done was Rs 850 ( towing ) + Rs 12829 ( Workshop bill ) and I got a claim for Rs 6894 which is roughly 50% as was told earlier.

All in all I am pretty impressed with Tata AIG in the way the claim was processed smoothly. I got stuck up only because of FIR thing but otherwise the claim settlement happened pretty fast. I thank all folks who helped me with their advice. I guess informing Tata AIG in advance really helped.
Old 25th November 2010, 17:02   #39
BHPian

wow! i too have TATA AIG policy on my M800, hearing this thread i am very happy.
anyway congrats your car is back to normal, dont park outside from now on and take care.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks