Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2010, 12:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
how come they make a invoice and then discount it for more than 30%, if this discount is company improved I am sure most hyundai customers would like to have their next invoice adjusted as H.A.S.S. is known for expensive billing already.
arre nahi

They didnt invoice it, it was just opening of jobcard, tasks written and estimates given & hence signed by customer.

When a job card for running repair is opened where owner signs for his approval for the job to be done and all details of components in the car are marked, there is a place where the estimated pricing needs to be written. This is for the communication that the service advisor has given his estimates of xx amount and the owner has accepted it.

Since I knew the prices of the components, the SA (knows me as I have got lots of work from this service center), put down total price at 10k just for documentation purpose.

I didnt mind, since I know that the actual payable price will be for the parts consumed and labor charge, parts prices was one thing which I knew too.
Old 20th November 2010, 20:52   #17
BHPian

front left wheel doesnt rotate freely

dear BHPians.

i figured out this problem when i was removing stones off the grooves on the tires. obviously the car was lifted. the gear was in neutral, handbrakes applied hence the rear wheels wouldnt move. it takes a lot to move the front left. so the hyundai mechs got my caliper greased and said it would free up in time. i wasnt satisfied. the 2nd time i approached another service station for the same issue. here the mech applied WD40 around the single piston by lifting its cylinder beading. it didnt free up either. even this mech said it should free up in time. Fed up of the whole scene. got my car to a local mechanic. wat he noticed was there's lesser gap between the tyre and body on the left side than on the right side. he said the right ARM must have been twisted and to get it checked with the company itself.
Wat could be the problem guys!!!
please help me out. coz of this, i see only my left front tire kinda worn out compared to the other 3. there are no allignment issues.

Harsha
Old 28th August 2016, 08:28   #18
BANNED

Rock solid brake-pedal of SWIFT

Mods i request you to please move the post in the relevant section if it's not already.
Car :- Swift LXI + aftermarket CNG(4 years and troublefree)
Year :- 2010
ODO :- 94000
Last service :- June 2016 (front brake pads were also changed here)

About 4 days ago, the brake pedal started to get very hard to push , (as hard as when the engine is switched off) and wasn't stopping the car very well.Now this event is not consistent, its happening randomly, i did observe its happening only on low speeds and in stop and go traffic. I somehow babied my car back to the home and here I am.
I looked at the brake fluid reservoir and it had plenty of fluid almost touching the max indicator. Nothings appears to be leaking from the callipers.
Could it be air in the lines? I don't see why since I haven't had the lines open at all ,Or could it be the brake booster? Not sure of the symptoms that this would cause.
I would say the best way to describe how hard it feels is like, trying to press the brake pedal when the engine is switched off.
Similar to what is also mentioned here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-low-rpms.html

Long horror story short:- After i was turned down by 2 maruti authorised service centres saying “We cannot help you , this has aftermarket cng , its a problem with this type of cng fitment ”.Ironically these two service stations are the one where i usually visit for servicing.Since this car was my daily driver and i wanted to get it fixed so i took a hasty decision and went to a locally reputed garage (advised by the some other SA of maruti service centre who seemed genuine ,at that time).The local garage fellow convinced me ( tricked me) to get master cylinder and brake booster replaced by a new one of MGA and guess what after spending 4 hours under the scorching sun and 7500/- the problem remains the same.
At this point I'm cursing myself for taking that silly decision and currently looking for sorting this problem out, if at all it can be rectified .
Old 28th August 2016, 10:07   #19
BHPian

re: Rock solid brake-pedal of SWIFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshusharma View Post
Car :- Swift LXI + aftermarket CNG
Hi. Its really a nightmare when you realise your breaks are not working and you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I am not an expert in car mechanicals and am sure our experts can shed more light on your issue.
Adding my two cents- Please check for any leakage in vacuum hose. This problem occurs when you are driving in CNG mode? Check your car's RPM. If its too low then most probably your vacuum is not getting much pressure,
Hope this helps.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th August 2016 at 12:44. Reason: fixed quote tags
Old 28th August 2016, 10:22   #20
BHPian

Quote:

About 4 days ago, the brake pedal started to get very hard to push , (as hard as when the engine is switched off) and wasn't stopping the car very well.
You can do a little self diagnosing if you are up to it with this link.

Good luck

http://www.mpbrakes.com/techtalk/how...rd-brake-pedal
Old 28th August 2016, 10:24   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hi. Its really a nightmare when you realise your breaks are not working and you are stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. I am not an expert in car mechanicals and am sure our experts can shed more light on your issue.
Adding my two cents- Please check for any leakage in vacuum hose. This problem occurs when you are driving in CNG mode? Check your car's RPM. If its too low then most probably your vacuum is not getting much pressure,
Hope this helps.
It is likely that this is because of trying to brake while driving at half clutch, so avoid doing that even in stop and go traffic.

Does pressing your clutch fully and releasing it resolve your braking issue?

Note - this blog claims Maruti has developed a firmware fix / ECU remap for this issue. http://www.carblogindia.com/new-maru...roblem-solved/ try to ask your local maruti dealer for an ECU software update, or go to one of the usual ECU remap places.
Old 28th August 2016, 12:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

Note - this blog claims Maruti has developed a firmware fix / ECU remap for this issue. http://www.carblogindia.com/new-maru...roblem-solved/ try to ask your local maruti dealer for an ECU software update, or go to one of the usual ECU remap places.
Since it is pre-facelift 2010 model (which I believe had brake assist available across variants), it might not be ECU remap issue.

@himanshusharma
Were you able to check individual wheels when this problem occurs?
Have you tried checking brake proportioning valve?

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2016, 18:28   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rock solid brake-pedal of SWIFT

I had this issue with our first generation Baleno (1.6 sedan) with CNG. Petrol mode worked fine, but in CNG the braking was inconsistent. Your idling RPM should be more, which was adjusted in my car via higher idling setting and converting from closed loop system to open loop system. The setting should be such that repetitive braking in very low rpm condition (1st gear crawls ) should increase the idling RPM if required. Somehow, I got that done in my car.

Try to drive your car in petrol mode for a few more days and observe the behavior. Also, which CNG system are you using ? Closed loop system have given more trouble than open loop ones. Got this info from 3 garages in Vadodara, 2 in Gorwa GIDC and one in Makarpura.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 28th August 2016 at 18:31.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2016, 20:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:

The local garage fellow convinced me ( tricked me) to get master cylinder and brake booster replaced by a new one of MGA and guess what after spending 4 hours under the scorching sun and 7500/- the problem remains the same..
Please do look into the brake booster vacuum check valve. And also check the brake calliper pistons for rust. Have you checked the rear slave cylinders? but, most likely it seems like a vacuum issue!(maybe a vacuum leak)

P.S - generally a rock solid brake pedal is associated with a failed brake booster. However your problem seems to lie elsewhere. So no, i'd say you weren't tricked as such. the master cylinder though? not so sure.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:05   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
Hope this helps.
Thanks Akib , i will get the vacuum hose leakage checked today, however the problem is present in cng and petrol both modes.Also i did not observe any noticeable change in rpm i will try to get it checked today as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Does pressing your clutch fully and releasing it resolve your braking issue?
http://www.carblogindia.com/new-maru...roblem-solved/
No the problem is present in highway driving as well and I did went to 2 maruti dealers who refused to cater me saying that i have got an aftermarket cng fitting, however i will try some other maruti station for this ecu update today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasu View Post
@himanshusharma
Were you able to check individual wheels when this problem occurs?
Have you tried checking brake proportioning valve?

Thanks.
What do you mean by checking individual wheels.No i haven't checked the brake proportioning valve will check in the evening.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I had this issue with our first generation Baleno (1.6 sedan) with CNG.
I am using a sequential kit and the problem is present in cng and petrol both modes. How did your Baleno's problem was rectified?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One:1 View Post
Please do look into the brake booster vacuum check valve. And also check the brake calliper pistons for rust. Have you checked the rear slave cylinders? but, most likely it seems like a vacuum issue!(maybe a vacuum leak)

P.S - generally a rock solid brake pedal is associated with a failed brake booster. However your problem seems to lie elsewhere. So no, i'd say you weren't tricked as such. the master cylinder though? not so sure.
The rear slave cylinders were checked and found ok. Not sure if brake calliper piston problem can have this kind of inefficient braking effect.Brake booster vacuum check valve i will get it checked today.
Thank you guys , for this support will update my observation, based upon your inputs in the evening.
Old 29th August 2016, 09:17   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

ECU update is not applicable for your model of Swift. I suspect its something to do with vacuum not reaching the brake booster at all. This will be a problem with the intake, and could be due to the CNG installation in the car. Maybe an issue has cropped up with the CNG kit and there isnt much of vacuum produced in the intake to power the booster. Get the CNG fitment checked first.

Try slowing down in second or first with throttle completely closed and check if the brakes feel softer. If they dont, there is a complete vacuum failure. If its marginally better, then there is a leak somewhere.

Last edited by audioholic : 29th August 2016 at 09:18.
Old 29th August 2016, 10:54   #27
BANNED

After enjoying the low cost running benefit of cng for over 4 years today i am regretting my decision of cng installation . For the problem in brake pedal, had a word with my trusted cng installer who upon listening to my problem immediately responded that i know this problem and it can be fixed by the ecm update done by maruti. He advised me to contact maruti sales and service located at Naraina Industrial Area-delhi and he quoted that this a maruti owned service workshop so they are reliable. Momentarily i thought that, now i know who can resolve the problem but when i called to the said service station they told me yes there is an update for this kind of problem in swift but because you have an aftermarket cng kit there is a slight possibility that ecm might get bricked during up-gradation. So they are asking me to sign a disclaimer stating that in case of any problem in ecm after or during up-gradation they will not take any responsibility and the responsibility will be all mine. . On top of that new ecm is between 15000 ~ 20000/-.
Old 29th August 2016, 11:16   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So they are asking me to sign a disclaimer stating that in case of any problem in ecm after or during up-gradation they will not take any responsibility and the responsibility will be all mine. . On top of that new ecm is between 15000 ~ 20000/-.
Figured it was an ecm issue rather than other reasons. Go for it.

As for a new ecm, you can probably get it out of a scrapped vehicle as well, if you have trusted contacts at the local car scrap market.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 13:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Re: Brake pedal becoming hard

Hello everyone,

Our company 2014 Hyundai i10 Grande AT which was converted into CNG at the time of purchase itself. The CNG was done through a workshop recommended by Hyundai itself as Hyundai were not selling factory fitted CNG kits.

Lately we have noticed that sometimes the brake pedal becomes hard while driving in slow moving traffic. This issue occurs only when the car is running on CNG but has never occurred when the car is being driven on Petrol. I have spoken to my trusted mechanic and he says that he knows many cases of different brands of cars that have this complaint and all these cars have had this issue when running on CNG only. He believes it is something to do with the CNG kit but has not yet identified the problem.

This thread also is a case of a CNG car with this problem. However, has anyone found a solution yet?

Most Viewed