Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2010, 22:41   #1
BHPian

Chronic problem of the indicators breaking - qualis

hi,
our qualis indicators keep breaking. i understand this to be a design fault with all vehicles facing this issue. has anyone come up with a solution?
Old 6th November 2010, 00:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Which indicators are we talking here? Front, Side or rear?
Old 6th November 2010, 22:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

i have couple of taxi operator friends who has qualis as their prime possession. I don't remember they complaining.
Old 8th November 2010, 15:13   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Which indicators are we talking here? Front, Side or rear?
front left and right indicators, i have seen a lot of qualis with tapes on them indicators.
Old 9th November 2010, 10:38   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

In a market like India, you'll easily find alternative part brands in the after-market. Choose a make that's different than the one on your vehicle, as long as its still reputable. On a related note, what are the chances that your replacement set was counterfeit?
Old 9th November 2010, 11:38   #6
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The indicators cannot just keep breaking on their own. Our indicators have broken only once in the last 10 years and that too because it was hit by a ball while playing cricket.

Another problem with your indicators breaking could be while washing. The Qualis indicators jut out towards the sides and if you indicators are fakes and of inferior quality - they could break easily. You can also go in for the indicators of the facelifted Qualis, but you would also have to change the headlights for that.
Attached Thumbnails
Chronic problem of the indicators breaking - qualis-qualisindicators.jpg  

Old 9th November 2010, 14:19   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
In a market like India, you'll easily find alternative part brands in the after-market. Choose a make that's different than the one on your vehicle, as long as its still reputable. On a related note, what are the chances that your replacement set was counterfeit?
no counterfeit, changed twice, once from delhi authorised service centre, second fr udaipur authorised service. and now the right one needs change again. the car runs on kacha roads quite a bit so i guess its the excess rattling etc causing the problem. strangely, i don't think it has the black beading that v12 has put up. i'll check again what they've done.. it's the old model one, don't know if it came in that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks