Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:14   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Hi, It is indeed sad to see the state of your Figo. Good that Ford has agreed to do something about it.

However, you seem to not have disclosed the accidents your car has had. Here is the link where you mentioned you had 3 accidents when the car was stationary.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1949610

So I guess the dealer's paint job is shody and not the quality of Ford paint. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.
Sorry i missed that (mind has gone crazy behind this car)

Well all the two of those accidents happend at left fender area and left front door (which were clubbed and claimed together) and other destroyed the rear bumper which was replaced and repainted.

but if you see the pics again.. the major area that i am unhappy about is

1: inside area of the dicky portion which was never repainted

2: then again bubble formation and bursting of the same near paint sealant area on all doors and dicky region

3: peeling of thread like paint from rear doors (LHS)

4: rusting on rear doors edges all around

5: Hood had 2 bubbles which had burst leaving rust

6: Area where the door closes had paint bubbles which led to chipping

7: All entrance AREA where Paint rusted like anything

8: Right Fender Paint Bubble and chipping

9: Left A pillar has PINHOLES in the paint and so does the Left Fender and Bumper Area (Dealer work + Ford
untouched)

10: loss of paint in the underbelly and rusting
Old 23rd November 2010, 08:39   #32

A Ford car with this kind aproblem..!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
Sorry i missed that (mind has gone crazy behind this car)

Well all the two of those accidents happend at left fender area and left front door (which were clubbed and claimed together) and other destroyed the rear bumper which was replaced and repainted.

but if you see the pics again.. the major area that i am unhappy about is

1: inside area of the dicky portion which was never repainted

2: then again bubble formation and bursting of the same near paint sealant area on all doors and dicky region

3: peeling of thread like paint from rear doors (LHS)

4: rusting on rear doors edges all around

5: Hood had 2 bubbles which had burst leaving rust

6: Area where the door closes had paint bubbles which led to chipping

7: All entrance AREA where Paint rusted like anything

8: Right Fender Paint Bubble and chipping

9: Left A pillar has PINHOLES in the paint and so does the Left Fender and Bumper Area (Dealer work + Ford
untouched)

10: loss of paint in the underbelly and rusting
@ Arihant - My heart goes out to you on seeing the pics that you have posted. It is seriously shocking to see a Ford car with so many issues with regards to the paint..!!

As many suggest, I would recommend you to go to the Ford guys themselves rather than going to the dealer. That would in a lot of ways help in getting this solved once and for all.

With regards to the issues, there seems to be too many chip-offs, which as far as my experience goes, does not happen so very early in a car's life. Try if you can attribute any reason to such chip-offs. With regards to the bubble bursts and other issues, they seem to genuine paint related issues.

Do keep us posted with regards to how Ford deals with this issue. I wish you get your car back in a state you would want it to be in..!!
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:20   #33
BHPian

Replacement, or full refund

>>>

Going through quickly through the attached pictures suggests two things ( rider :I am not knowledgable about paints and painting though):

1. The primer (what is sprayed before the actual paint to neutralise the bodywork) has not been done properly at many places

2. The car has had impacts (maybe minor hits)

Even if the owner is entirely responsible for #2 and some mishandling, #1 alone will make me return the car to Ford with an expectation of a replacement car or a full refund.

Regards, drive safe
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:15   #34
BHPian

Update:

The car has been submitted at FORD India`s Dealership under the supervision and surveillance of the Ford`s regional manager (who is quite helpful i must say).

i am assured by both the Ford India and the dealership that no paint matching issues will arise, as apart from the roof most of the car will be repainted.

They have also assured me of the utmost quality testing they are going to maintain on the with regards to the paint by themselves so that i don`t face such problems again in the future.

Allotted me a loaner car till the time my car gets ready.

but i have one question for you people to help me out with...

when i myself went through this thread, many of the forum members suggested me of bad primer quality. may i know where exactly can i get to know about it when i look at the pics.

because till now i tought if FORD india is gettin my car repainted is enough. but if this primer issue is really BIG, then i believe the paint might again start to lose its thickness and adhesiveness.

please please suggest me.. is this primer issue has the capability of becoming pain in the *** in future ?
Old 23rd November 2010, 14:39   #35
BHPian

Repainting is normally done by scrapping the area where the paint was defective. Then they apply what is called putty and sand paper it after it dries out to make the surface merge with the adjacent areas, and then spray paint it. This is the standard procedure.

However, if there is rust lurking around beneath the paint in other areas, which seem to be o.k. now, you are likely to get the problem in those areas, as it will pop up sooner or later. Rise your concerns with the dealer. Atleast let him promise that he will promptly repaint other areas too as and when they go bad.

Murthy
Old 13th December 2010, 14:04   #36
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo: Factory Paint giving Nightmares !

Have you taken the delivery after the repaint work? How is it looking now? Hope all is fine. Pls post updates.
Old 2nd June 2012, 18:18   #37
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo: Factory Paint giving Nightmares !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arihant.EXE View Post
Update:

The car has been submitted at FORD India`s Dealership under the supervision and surveillance of the Ford`s regional manager (who is quite helpful i must say).

i am assured by both the Ford India and the dealership that no paint matching issues will arise, as apart from the roof most of the car will be repainted.

They have also assured me of the utmost quality testing they are going to maintain on the with regards to the paint by themselves so that i don`t face such problems again in the future.

Allotted me a loaner car till the time my car gets ready.

but i have one question for you people to help me out with...

when i myself went through this thread, many of the forum members suggested me of bad primer quality. may i know where exactly can i get to know about it when i look at the pics.

because till now i tought if FORD india is gettin my car repainted is enough. but if this primer issue is really BIG, then i believe the paint might again start to lose its thickness and adhesiveness.

please please suggest me.. is this primer issue has the capability of becoming pain in the *** in future ?
What is the status of your car now?

Most Viewed