Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 12:50   #46
Senior - BHPian

underbody coat does help!! specially in coastal areas.
3M or dinitrol are the best products/options in the indian market.
they also serve as sound deadners to an extent.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

MUL dealer is offering the 3M treatment for Balenos at around 2600 + vat .. approx 3000.
Do you drive a Civic/Accord ? Wondering why Honda is charging 4500.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:13   #48
BHPian

I am waiting for Vid's reply, he got it done on his Lancer from HM motors for 800 bucks. For swift which i own, it will be little cheaper i guess.
Old 31st May 2007, 15:28   #49
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for the reply....
@shuvc: i drive city....i think they charge 1000 bucks more for accord and civic...
Old 31st May 2007, 15:53   #50
Team-BHP Support

Go to an independent guy for 3M. Dealers charge 50% extra from the actual cost.
The more high-end the car the higher the cost. Its like buying coke from a five star hotel for Rs. 100.
So pay rs 10 and get it done from outside.
Old 12th June 2007, 15:34   #51

3M Under Body Coating for Swift

Hey Guys,

For Swift, maruthi guys are coating me Rs 3700/ for 3M under body coating with 3 or 5 year waranty, i dont remember the waranty period what he said.

Is is this worth? If not where else can i get the 3M underbody coating done in Bangalore? Please let me know if any one knows about it. Also How much does it cost outside, i feel maruthi guy is coating me high than market value.

Waiting for few replys regarding this.

thanks
naveen
Old 12th June 2007, 20:06   #52
BHPian

Hi guys I am newbie ,I just got a santro and would like to do a DINITROL coating for my underbody,can anyone suggest me a good place in Chennai.

Thanks
Hari.
Old 19th February 2008, 16:04   #53
BHPian

Under body rubber coating - is it really needed?

Hi,

I've a few basic queries about the underbody rubber coating that these dealers insist on..but with NO WARRANTY :( Every time I visit the dealer for a power wash they insist on the coating..but bluntly refuse that they wont give any warranty for the same..they also say that the coating considerably reduces noise inside the cabin - which is an added advantage! Is this claim true?

I know this rubber sticks to the metal at least for 2 yrs..but how different is this when compared to the after-monsoon coating with oil?

P.S. Mods I searched the forum before starting this thread! Please move it to the appropriate section if needed. Thanks
Old 13th March 2008, 12:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

To summarize the thread so far...
1. Looks like there is no conclusive evidence whether it is works or not.
2. It is better to go with a proper brand (3M) with warranty then to get it done from ANYBODY (incl your car dealer)
3. finally, it all depends on your mental satisfaction. If you think it works, go ahead and get it.
4. Since the probability of rusting in coastal area is very high, hence it is highly recommended in those areas

So, I would probably like to hear from some one in coastal area with >5yrs old car with this treatment on, as to how it compares with other similar brand similar age cars.
Old 31st March 2008, 12:32   #55
Senior - BHPian

Questions on Underboday Anti-Rust Treatment

I got the underbody anti-rust treatment done for my Swift at the Maruti dealer. It cost me Rs. 2400 + taxes. It has a 3 year warranty, provided you get your car checked every 6-months. The treatment and warranty is from Jopasu. Jopasu Car Care Products India

I asked the service person to lift up the vehicle using the hydraulic lifts, so that I could have a look underneath. The rear suspension cross members, the gas tank, exhaust pipes and the under body cross member near the front did not have the coating. The coating was done for all the sheetmetal parts of the body including the wheel wells. The service person said that the cross members and suspension parts are already powder coated and does not require any treatment.

Those of you who have got such underbody treatments done, did you have a look at the bottom of your car? Was this the way (excluded and included components in the treatment) your car was treated too?
Old 31st March 2008, 12:48   #56
BHPian

I have also done the under body treatment with my 15K service. It is the 3M one and the price was 2500 + taxes. And yes, as you have mentioned Biju, it is the same exact places which were not done for me too.
Old 31st March 2008, 14:31   #57
Team-BHP Support

@Abhilash_iv : Did you get the 3M underbody treatment done at the dealer's itself?
Old 14th April 2008, 17:22   #58

I got it done under chassis coating for my car Spark LT with my first 6months service. The brand is (3M) with warranty for 5 years. It costed me 2990 in Sundaram Motors, Kasturba Road. Bangalore.

Since monsoon is approaching, I thought its better to go for such a treatment as water splash and kind of exposure normally happens to the car.

Please some one tell me, is the price I paid is worth the money ?

Thanks
Old 14th April 2008, 18:16   #59
TDR

been using the following stuff for years now;
Comma Products

What I really like about the product is that is really penetrates the rust, stopping it effectively and protects the metal further on. When we bought
the Zen it was five years old and there was already some underbody rust
visible. The rusty parts were treated with this product. They are still
solid after 6 years!

I'm planning to apply it to our (newly bought), Alto Vxi from 2005. That is, when the wheels & strutbar are installed. Much easier to apply this stuff
when it is on a bridge! I probably won't have to do the whole underbody,
just the parts which weren't properly treated.

TDR

ps. I'm from a sea/moderated climate so salt is the biggest enemy for cars here, don't know if this product would work as well in India.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:58   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyakash View Post
I got it done under chassis coating for my car Spark LT with my first 6months service. The brand is (3M) with warranty for 5 years. It costed me 2990 in Sundaram Motors, Kasturba Road. Bangalore.

Since monsoon is approaching, I thought its better to go for such a treatment as water splash and kind of exposure normally happens to the car.

Please some one tell me, is the price I paid is worth the money ?

Thanks
I got the under chassis coating done to my SX4 for 3000
with 3 years warranty ( re coat on every 6th month I guess)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks