Team-BHP - CNG Cheverot Optra 1.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   CNG Cheverot Optra 1.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/9334-cng-cheverot-optra-1-6-a.html)

Which kit is approved for cheverlot optra 1.6?????

have mercy! why do u want to ruin a good car?

Man please give GM another chance they will improve the FE. Please NO CNG in OPTRA. It's class will be ruined.

pls,dotn even think of it ,buy a esteem for that.

Its My Big B ride, now a days he has to travel a lot most of the time out of station, so he went to some dealer but they confused him as one says his CNG is approved the another one he will get it done on RC also, so he was bit confused, I know he bettr sell this, bt i cnt afford to give mine in exchange hehehe so please let me know
Regards
W.A

the dealer wants to sell his stuff thats it,he is fooling you,you'll end up spoiling your car.

Ya i totally agree, dealer is fooling you around to sell his junky stuff. Also optra gives around 15 - 17 on highways wats the issue. Its a decent FE for sucha classy car and that too petrol. :)

Currently all over world & especially in Europe there is lot of boom for alternetive green fuel like CNG/LPG. As per my knowledge, I doubt about approval for this model. I say there is no tempering if the kit is fitted as per Automtive Research Asssociation of India / ECR 67 NORMS (European Norms) & by authorised retrofitter. In India you will find many skilled retrofittres.
I suggest don't go for conventional system but go with Close Loop feed back system or Sequential fuel Injection with 12deg. timing advancer. Feel free to reach me on magpcmc@rediffmail.com for further details. I shall help / guide you.
Those who have given negative remarks, I strongly say, Don't Laugh ! Its Future"
Interestingly for everyone, my message is that, You will find Brand New Chevorlet Optra fitted with SEFI LPG system at Auto Expo 2006 - Pragati Midan- Delhi.

THNX Rahami,
Any idea of brand name of CNG which is approved for chevy

Hi,

i Dont agree with this. We will ever see a optra with CNG at auto expo.. Though a Hybrid Optra with fuel cell is possible..

:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahami
Currently all over world & especially in Europe there is lot of boom for alternetive green fuel like CNG/LPG. As per my knowledge, I doubt about approval for this model. I say there is no tempering if the kit is fitted as per Automtive Research Asssociation of India / ECR 67 NORMS (European Norms) & by authorised retrofitter. In India you will find many skilled retrofittres.
I suggest don't go for conventional system but go with Close Loop feed back system or Sequential fuel Injection with 12deg. timing advancer. Feel free to reach me on magpcmc@rediffmail.com for further details. I shall help / guide you.
Those who have given negative remarks, I strongly say, Don't Laugh ! Its Future"
Interestingly for everyone, my message is that, You will find Brand New Chevorlet Optra fitted with SEFI LPG system at Auto Expo 2006 - Pragati Midan- Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahami

lol: seems like you are one of those vendors making conspiracy to spoil his optra,.....LOL JUST JOKING

Well, GM dosen't have a diesel engine availabe for the Optra, so the only way to satisfy "hi-running" type users is to offer company fitted gas kit. Much cheaper for the company than developing a new diesel.

Get an authorised LPG kit by lovato or longas, they're the best.

Well now Optra comes with company fitted CNG with full warranty. So all who did not like this idea - note this, now the company is itself providing warranty and full backup.

Hi, I've spoken to a friend of mine who works with GM's corporate sales.

GM's CNG kit for Optra costs 50k. It includes replacing the rear springs, to handle the heavier weight of the CNG cylinder in the back. The dealer can retro-fit it and you don't lose your warranty.

The downside is you can only fill about 15-16kgs of CNG, so you'll have to refill very often. Also, Optra will then take a grand total of 19 seconds to go from 0-100.

Enjoy.