Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 20:33   #1
BHPian

Wagon R - Not able to configure remote locking.

I have Maruti Wagon R (old Gen); i have installed Nippon NCS 405/505 Central locking.

It is working fine.
But funny thing, is it unlocks itself when ignition is turned off (like in traffic signals) and doors release mechanism is unlocked.

How to configure, such that doors are unlocked only, when key is removed from key cylinder and not when engine is switched-off from running condition (idling).
Experts pl. help.
Old 21st December 2010, 20:59   #2
BHPian

Re: Not able to configure remote locking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navrddy View Post
But funny thing, is it unlocks itself when ignition is turned off (like in traffic signals) and doors release mechanism is unlocked.
Nothing funny about it.
That's how its supposed to work.

Last edited by jeeva : 21st December 2010 at 21:05.
jeeva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2010, 22:42   #3
BHPian

+1 to Jeeva : The remote locking works the same way . It unlocks as soon as you turn off the engine . Am not very sure if it works the same way on OEM security systems . My dad drivers a montero and it works the same way in that .
Old 21st December 2010, 23:48   #4
Team-BHP Support

That's how it is meant to be. The moment you turn off the engine, the remote locking is disengaged and the doors are unlocked.

However, if you turn the key and keep it at ignition, within 2-3 seconds, it engages again and the doors will be locked.

I agree it is annoying at signals when you turn the engine off.

To ensure the doors remained locked, I manually locked the driver door (and hence all doors) at signals when the engine was off. When you turn the engine on, the central lock system does a check on whether the doors are locked.

That's the only solution I've come up with.
Old 21st December 2010, 23:49   #5
BHPian

It unlocks as soon as you switch off the engine and it locks when u turn on the ignition and it stays locked when the car is running
Even autocop works like this
Old 23rd December 2010, 06:19   #6
BHPian

Re: Wagon R - Not able to configure remote locking.

But, i heard from my friend. door is unlocked(in santro), only after removing from key cylinder. not switching off the ignition.

In my case(even after i switch of ignition and again turn it on.) doors are not locked only after vehicle reaches certain speed.
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:39   #7
BANNED

I think only some models (higher priced ones) allow this kind of configuration. Mine opens doors as soon as engine is switched off.
Old 27th December 2010, 10:28   #8
BHPian

I have seen OEM Nippons unlock only after removing key from key cylinder. I have seen Autocop ones which unlock with ignition OFF position. I suggest you check it with MASS. I hope you have got it installed from them I have a Nippon OEM installed on my Swift. It unlocks with key removed from key cylinder. The locking mechanism has two options, one being locking the door after some time and other option is to lock it after the car reaches a specific speed. The configuration mechanisms are provided in the Nippon user manual.

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 27th December 2010 at 10:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks