Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th December 2016, 10:45   #16
BHPian

Re: *Sorted* - 2007 Honda Accord Power Steering Problem

UPDATE: I finally had enough of the steering wheel issue (the steering is steel pretty hard to turn after the ORing change) - asked a "service advisor company" (wheelswisdom) to take it to Whitefield Honda.

Was given a 1,35,000 quote for "Steering rack and pump" through the WheelsWisdom Advisor - he sent me photos to show how badly the whole thing is leaking! It is quite messed up and am glad the WheelsWisdom guy has quickly taken the diagnosis to this point.

However, am not sure I should pay 1,35,000 to get this changed - does anyone know a guy who can repair this in Bangalore? This is a live issue on 12 December 2016

Last edited by vivekrvcse : 12th December 2016 at 10:46. Reason: added date, and Oring update
Old 18th December 2016, 04:09   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
Was given a 1,35,000 quote for "Steering rack and pump" through the WheelsWisdom Advisor - he sent me photos to show how badly the whole thing is leaking! It is quite messed up and am glad the WheelsWisdom guy has quickly taken the diagnosis to this point.
I live in Delhi and currently facing the exact same issue on my 2007 Accord. Went in for the diagnosis during routine servicing last month and saw the leak happening in person from the pump, rack and the main pipe running through the rack. Given an estimate in writing for approx. 80K with all mentioned part numbers for pump assy, rack, tie end rods, end set etc (Will share the estimate if you require part numbers to source anything.)

However, all is not lost as a Honda mech eagerly passed me his contact for an out of ASS repair costing approx 10-12K and that includes cost of parts, consumables and repair. Its plausible that only the seals may need to be replaced and this will be sorted for sure. Alternatively, there is a thin metallic pipe that runs from the pump to the rack and that may be the only culprit for the leak and the part costs somewhere around 6-7k at honda.

I will find out more on this at an independent garage and I have a feeling the job maybe worth a total of 5-7K. Just that its gonna take a full two days of my time at a local garage.

In the meanwhile if you wanna keep driving your car at all, keep a litre of steering oil with you at all times and keep refilling it once or twice a week depending on the leak you are facing. Be very careful as the steering can suddenly fail on you if the oil is completely drained.

Will keep updating on this thread.
Old 14th March 2024, 21:25   #18

Hi All, I have been hit with a massive bill for 2.5 Lacs for repairing my Honda accord 3.5 V6. It suffered with a rat bite and I gave it to a FNG to get the wiring repaired. It was repaired however traction control warning was lit up. After that I didn't used the car for few months , and now when I took the car out , it started giving ABS error as well. So , I decided to give the car to Honda ASS for repair and they have given attached estimate. They said the ABS module stopped working due to incorrect wiring by FNG.Few queries

1. Can I delay the change of VSA modulator, what are the implications of this
2. Not sure about the power steering issue which has given in estimate , can I keep on refueling steering fluid in pump and drive the car.

Can someone help with a good FNG in pune who can repair this VSA and steering assembly otherwise I will have to get it repaired at Honda ASS only. Thanks

*Sorted* - 2007 Honda Accord Power Steering Problem-img20240313wa0005.jpg

Last edited by graaja : 14th March 2024 at 22:22. Reason: Inserting picture

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks