Re: Small Details about Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
Hey, where ?
Mine is a Nov'2010 Jazz.

Can you upload a snap please ?

cheers
lazy
Even my Honda Jazz (Not X) have the boot lamp.
I bought it in April 11 and the model was made in Feb 11.
I guess they have started putting it for new models perhaps from Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
If one forgets to lock the car door while leaving,the door locks automatically in few min. Is this a common feature in all cars?
Ramesh I didn't quite get this feature.
Suppose I put the ignition off and all of the passengers move out. I forgot to lock doors by remote auto lock and leave the car as it is.
Will the car automatically lock itself?
What if I had put ignition off and one of the person is sitting in car will then also car automatically lock itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
Will keep this thread posted as I hear anything. Have set a calendar reminder for myself
keep us posted snorting bull. I am tired with all those CDs and was thinking of getting iPod (dedicated to car) but then if this provision gets available it will be a big relief for Jazz owners
Old 31st May 2011, 13:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
Ramesh I didn't quite get this feature.
Suppose I put the ignition off and all of the passengers move out. I forgot to lock doors by remote auto lock and leave the car as it is.
Will the car automatically lock itself?
What if I had put ignition off and one of the person is sitting in car will then also car automatically lock itself
In my experience, when I unlocked the car and did not open the door for around a minute, it locked itself again. I dont think it has anything to do with passengers seated inside.
I do not know if the car locks itself after some time if ignition is off and all doors are closed, will have to check this

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Badguy> View Post
keep us posted snorting bull. I am tired with all those CDs and was thinking of getting iPod (dedicated to car) but then if this provision gets available it will be a big relief for Jazz owners
if you have a mobile, you can get a 3.5mm cable and get the output from your mobile headphone out to the aux in port in the Jazz. I have done this and it works like a charm, the only issues are:
- steering controls can be used only for volume, not for changing tracks.
- track changing to be done from the mobile
- the cable dangles outside
Old 31st May 2011, 16:18   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
In my experience, when I unlocked the car and did not open the door for around a minute, it locked itself again. I dont think it has anything to do with passengers seated inside.
I do not know if the car locks itself after some time if ignition is off and all doors are closed, will have to check this
I agree with you. I have also not experienced the car locking itself after the ignition is turned off with all doors closed. It definitely locks itself if I fail to open the door withing 30 seconds of unlocking the car.

Jazz does not come with auto lock function and I am experiencing a strange thing. I do not have habit of manually locking the car once I am on the road. I was told by the service guy that once the car is on, one can not open the fuel lid. But strangely I am finding out that every now and than my fuel lid is open. May be at traffic signals when I am waiting during the red light, some one is accidentally pressing the fuel lid which in turn opens it. And later on I realised that fuel lid opens even when the car is on. The service guy was wrong in suggesting that it does not open when the car is on.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:41   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I am starting this thread to share some tidbits of Jazz, which some of you know, and others can contribute. Any good changes done to improve the car etc. too could be mentioned here, to educate all Jazz owners.

To start with

Did you know, that Jazz has Iridium spark plugs. Though they cost a ton, they are supposed to last longer and offer better mileage and performance.

Hopefully this is the right forum to discuss this.
All Honda ivtec engines have irridium plugs. They last 100,000 miles (160k kms) You are not supposed to clean them throughout the full 100k miles.
Old 31st May 2011, 17:23   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutvij View Post
I was told by the service guy that once the car is on, one can not open the fuel lid. But strangely I am finding out that every now and than my fuel lid is open. May be at traffic signals when I am waiting during the red light, some one is accidentally pressing the fuel lid which in turn opens it. And later on I realised that fuel lid opens even when the car is on. The service guy was wrong in suggesting that it does not open when the car is on.

The fuel lid cannot be opened when the car is centrally locked. Next time when you tank up try to ask the attendant to open it when you have not opened the door. He should not be able to open it.

As there is no separate lock however, if any door is open or if it is not centrally locked the fuel tank lid can be opened.
Old 6th June 2011, 15:41   #51
BHPian

Hi guys,
Check this out
Best Affordable Small Cars - Best Cars & Trucks - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews
Old 10th June 2011, 19:37   #52
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

[quote=rutvij;2372892]I agree with you. I have also not experienced the car locking itself after the ignition is turned off with all doors closed. It definitely locks itself if I fail to open the door withing 30 seconds of unlocking the car.

+1 to that. This is precisely what i said in page 3 above. is this a novel feature? i don't know
Old 15th June 2011, 10:28   #53
BHPian

Did you know that you need the on/off button on the music system only to turn it off ? To turn it on you can press any other button except the numbers. I know this is there in home tv's and music systems, but wasn't sure about car systems. Thought I should share.
Old 15th June 2011, 11:29   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you know that you need the on/off button on the music system only to turn it off ? To turn it on you can press any other button except the numbers
I never used the on/off button; only the CD/ Aux/ FM ones to start the music. Is this different from other cars?
I did not compare it with the Nano as that one is installed in the aftermarket
Old 22nd June 2011, 11:21   #55
BHPian

Couple of days ago when I had to replace a flat tyre. I noticed that the Wheel lugs have rusted quite a bit. Is this a cause for concern? I will take pictures when I change the tire in a couple of days.
Old 22nd June 2011, 19:15   #56
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
Couple of days ago when I had to replace a flat tyre. I noticed that the Wheel lugs have rusted quite a bit. Is this a cause for concern? I will take pictures when I change the tire in a couple of days.
well, i had the same concerns when i went to the service centre. the personnel there allayed my fears by showing me the other cars. almost 9 out of every 10 cars parked there (OHC/NHC/CRV/ACCORD) had the same symptom.considering that the service station had about 130 cars plus, this was quite a number. later found out that the 'lugs' are made of cast iron which is prone to corrosion on the surface.the guys there told me that they coat it with oil for protection from further corrosion as it goes inside the pores preventing further oxidation. not sure about this but i get this ensured for all subsequent services.besides, i read somewhere that the rust forms a protective film retarding further corrosion. have noticed the same in punto also.
Old 4th July 2011, 14:58   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Will keep this thread posted as I hear anything. Have set a calendar reminder for myself
Update -- News is confirmed. The dealerships have ordered and would be getting the USB. From what I understand, it should take another 15 days
Old 5th July 2011, 00:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

what is the cost for this USB?
Old 5th July 2011, 12:33   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Update -- News is confirmed. The dealerships have ordered and would be getting the USB. From what I understand, it should take another 15 days
I called up the person in charge of accessory department at Landmark Honda and asked him about it. He was not aware of any such USB accessory. I hope they launch it soon...
Old 7th July 2011, 09:59   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Not sure of the Jazz, but my old Alto which had a Minda remote locking used to arm itself (not lock) after the ignition was turned off and driver door was opened and shut. So if someone opens the door again, the alarm would go off. A pain most of the times if a co-passenger was sitting in the car while I went out to pick something from a shop. The co-passenger had to press the unlock on the remote key to prevent the alarm from going off. I had to leave the key in its slot to keep the music running for the co-passenger.
So, it is possible that a car can lock itself when driver door is shut after a ignition kill.

Most Viewed