Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:03   #76
BHPian

Re: Small Details about Jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorting bull View Post
I am due for 1st year insurance renewal in sept? What do we jazz owners consider as price? I don't want to pay more insurance for a car worth 4 - 4.5 L. Thoughts?
Could you please help me in my Jazz XMT insurance matter? My vehicle is due for insurance renewal.

My Ex-showroom price (XMT Model Dec 2010) is Rs.7,60,558/-
Vehicle IDV is Rs.6,08,446/- (proposed by Royal Sundaram)
i.e. the insurance premium has been calculated on Rs.6,08,446/- which works out to Rs.16,276/-

IDV that Royal Sundaram has given me is almost equal to the New Honda Jazz XMT although the vehicle is one year old.

I told the contact person that since Honda has given huge price cuts, my IDV should be calculated on present ex-showroom car value less one year old depreciation but he is not agreeing.

What should i do? Please advise.

Best regards

Devrishi
Old 14th November 2011, 15:05   #77
BHPian

When i saw a window lock for locking all the windows, I was thinking what would stop a naughty kid (which i have) sitting at the back from opening the door when the car cruising on the highway.
Found a small switch at the rear doors near the place where the actual door locking happens. By pulling the switch down and closing, the doors can be opened only from outside, it can't be opened from inside. If the switch is pulled up it operates just like any other door. Thought it’s something good & safe to have.
Old 14th November 2011, 15:32   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
When i saw a window lock for locking all the windows, I was thinking what would stop a naughty kid (which i have) sitting at the back from opening the door when the car cruising on the highway.
Found a small switch at the rear doors near the place where the actual door locking happens. By pulling the switch down and closing, the doors can be opened only from outside, it can't be opened from inside. If the switch is pulled up it operates just like any other door. Thought it’s something good & safe to have.
Hey Wall-e, it is called child safety lock

Child safety lock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It should be present on all modern automobiles.
Old 16th November 2011, 08:00   #79
BHPian

Few people might have already noticed it but just to highlight one important feature. From the 5th gear you cannot shift to reverse gear (even accidently). There is a locking mechanism put in place for that. You have to shift to neutral from any gear to engage the reverse gear.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:20   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
From the 5th gear you cannot shift to reverse gear (even accidently). There is a locking mechanism put in place for that. You have to shift to neutral from any gear to engage the reverse gear.
Yep, I noticed this too but didnt realise the difference till I drove an older car (perhaps Santro/ WagonR).
Do you have a red Jazz with tbhp stickers? some of us have spotted this in town at different times and wondering whose ride this is!
Old 16th November 2011, 13:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devrishi View Post
Could you please help me in my Jazz XMT insurance matter? My vehicle is due for insurance renewal.

My Ex-showroom price (XMT Model Dec 2010) is Rs.7,60,558/-
Vehicle IDV is Rs.6,08,446/- (proposed by Royal Sundaram)
i.e. the insurance premium has been calculated on Rs.6,08,446/- which works out to Rs.16,276/-

IDV that Royal Sundaram has given me is almost equal to the New Honda Jazz XMT although the vehicle is one year old.

I told the contact person that since Honda has given huge price cuts, my IDV should be calculated on present ex-showroom car value less one year old depreciation but he is not agreeing.

What should i do? Please advise.

Best regards

Devrishi
Had the same problem. I reduced my IDV value drastically, that's the best you can do. I believe the best value you can get for your insurance is buying online. Try Lombard, thats where I got my lowest quote.
Old 16th November 2011, 14:31   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Do you have a red Jazz with tbhp stickers? some of us have spotted this in town at different times and wondering whose ride this is!
Nope. Mine is Silver color. PCMC registered. Have not put Team-BHP stickers yet on my car.
In which area did you see the Red Jazz ?
These days I see few Jazz cars around Bund garden and Model colony areas. None have Team-BHP stickers though. But glad to see them on the road. Had Honda got their act together earlier, we would have seen many more around us.
Old 16th November 2011, 15:10   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Had the same problem. I reduced my IDV value drastically, that's the best you can do. I believe the best value you can get for your insurance is buying online. Try Lombard, thats where I got my lowest quote.
I am going to face the same issue next month with my Jazz 1.2 MT Active.

Curious to know how did you calculate the IDV? Is it system calculated IDV - 10% of that value ?

Couple more questions
- does online insurance offer 0% dep and cashless facilities with Honda dealers ? (Some people suggested to go for 0% dep for inital 3 years of new car)
- Will the claim processing for policy brought online be as smooth as the policy brought from dealer ?
Old 17th November 2011, 14:52   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Curious to know how did you calculate the IDV? Is it system calculated IDV - 10% of that value ?
There is a range for each of the cars based on years. Give it a try at any online like lombard or royal sundaram. I quoted the minimum IDV to get bare minimum premium. It really doesn't affect your copayment if you incur an accident. All insurance companies have a standard formula for all parts based on wear and tear which is not based on premium or IDV.

Quote:
- does online insurance offer 0% dep and cashless facilities with Honda dealers ? (Some people suggested to go for 0% dep for inital 3 years of new car)
I am strongly non-beliver of that. I had my friend who paid whopping 40K for insurance for 1st year for his Mitsubishi Gallant and later repented. I think if you are a responsible driver(which you will be, being in t-bhp) you eliminate most accidents caused by you. The mistakes of others would be minor mostly. I had a major accident and I had to shell out 25K overall. So what's the point of paying 25 -30 K for 0% dep. However its your call based on your driving experiences.

Quote:
- Will the claim processing for policy brought online be as smooth as the policy brought from dealer ?
I admit, I dont have experience buying insurance outside. First time I am doing it outside. Before maruti introduced their insurance I had bought from outside and never had any trouble except initial check delay. But thats long time back. Today, I hear that all private players are vying to settle claims. I assume it should be smooth. Experienced people can quipp here.

Last edited by snorting bull : 17th November 2011 at 15:02.
Old 17th November 2011, 15:31   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbrtz125 View Post
In which area did you see the Red Jazz ?
These days I see few Jazz cars around Bund garden and Model colony areas. None have Team-BHP stickers though. But glad to see them on the road. Had Honda got their act together earlier, we would have seen many more around us.
So the mystery continues. IIRC, I have seen the red Jazz on FC road or in Model colony. If you see a blue Jazz with LTD sticker thats mine. Mostly hovering around Karve/ FC/ JM/ Bund garden roads. If you want to see what it looks like, I just reopened my ownership thread today
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-all-jazz.html

Quote:
I am strongly non-beliver of that. I had my friend who paid whopping 40K for insurance for 1st year for his Mitsubishi Gallant and later repented. I think if you are a responsible driver(which you will be, being in t-bhp) you eliminate most accidents caused by you. The mistakes of others would be minor mostly. I had a major accident and I had to shell out 25K overall. So what's the point of paying 25 -30 K for 0% dep. However its your call based on your driving experiences.
I find it a bit difficult to agree with this opinion. IMHO it also depends on the risk exposure of the insured asset. In this case, if your car is exposed to highway driving one is likelier to get into a higher impact accident than within town. Of course, on any street or highway even the most careful or defensive driver can get involved in an accident for no fault of his/ her own making. While I can imagine your friend repented after paying that premium, it is only because he didnt have a claim. he would be stating the opposite if he had claimed something; hindsight is always precious. After all he would not think the same with his life insurance premiums I hope! No offence meant

Disclaimer: I do not have a 0 depreciation policy as I am happy to risk spending more on repairs than on premium, so I agree with that part. But then it is totally subjective

Last edited by selfdrive : 17th November 2011 at 15:40.
Old 17th November 2011, 16:10   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

I find it a bit difficult to agree with this opinion. IMHO it also depends on the risk exposure of the insured asset. In this case, if your car is exposed to highway driving one is likelier to get into a higher impact accident than within town. Of course, on any street or highway even the most careful or defensive driver can get involved in an accident for no fault of his/ her own making. While I can imagine your friend repented after paying that premium, it is only because he didnt have a claim. he would be stating the opposite if he had claimed something; hindsight is always precious. After all he would not think the same with his life insurance premiums I hope! No offence meant

Disclaimer: I do not have a 0 depreciation policy as I am happy to risk spending more on repairs than on premium, so I agree with that part. But then it is totally subjective
True. If you are a highway driver, you have greater risk. As I said earlier, I had one major on Highway with huge impact, with overall cost of 1.8 Lakhs. Had to shell out 25 K extra. I was on normal premium. If you keep dashing, or out of luck always 0% is right for you. Finally its your call based on your driving experiences in previous years.
Old 23rd March 2012, 17:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

There is a pen holder in the upper glove box and a card holder in the lower glove box. The pen holder is of interest with a really good build quality while the card holder does not seem to be of much importance.
Old 29th May 2012, 16:03   #88
BHPian

During recent DIY for cabin air filter cleaning, found that its become quite dirty and needs replacement. Any idea where I can get the cabin air filter for Jazz? Honda dealership / service center is a bit far from my home. So just looking for other options of getting the filter if there are any.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks