Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2018, 18:19   #16
BHPian

Re: White smoke from engine oil dipstick

Hi. I have a mhawk 2011 4x4. Did 1.2lac kms recently. I am suddenly seeing a very less amount of smoke coming out of the oil dipstick area. This happ end while idling. Blown piston rings? No power lo as for now but the oil leakage happening through the turbo assembly also. The local mech says it's the engine and needs to open it up. Any other possible causes?
Old 21st April 2018, 18:52   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepikins View Post
Hi. I have a mhawk 2011 4x4. Did 1.2lac kms recently. I am suddenly seeing a very less amount of smoke coming out of the oil dipstick area. This happ end while idling. Blown piston rings? No power lo as for now but the oil leakage happening through the turbo assembly also. The local mech says it's the engine and needs to open it up. Any other possible causes?
As long as there is no power loss or excessive oil consumption, don't worry. It's perfectly normal to see some smoke from the dipstick in diesels. Moreover 1.2lac kms is nothing for this engine, change the oil regularly and it will run a couple of more lac kms.🙂
interc00led is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2019, 16:18   #18
BHPian

Re: White smoke from engine oil dipstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
It's called compression blow-by, and will require a change of piston rings, as well as new cylinder liners if needed, to sort out the issue.
Hi, what if the smoke is mild (but noticeable even at low lit area) only during the engine idling but not while accelerating?

I have noticed this on Jetta 2.0 AT 48k kms driven 2012 model year with proper service record.

Thanks,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks