Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2011, 09:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Ford Figo : Odometer reads 110 kms. Trip meter says 7,400 kms!! How?

This is not as clear as its supposed to be. God Forbid, but things can be fishy here. Two different readings are not possible, and the difference is way too much.

Get the car checked + I read that there is some noise in dashboard. Note that Figo is not a car which will have a loose dashboard screw or anything. This further makes me think that there is something fishy. There are many Figo ownership threads on this forum and to the best of my knowledge, most of them did not have any noise from dashboard or odo/trip reading problems.

Its best bet to get the car checked.
Old 23rd January 2011, 10:40   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Nokia Phones, Laptops, Cars

everything in India is slightly suspect - we have the wicked minds here to find a loop hole through any security system.

Hence unfortunately one can only go to reputed dealers, perform as many checks as one knows to do and leave the rest in trust and hope

no other way comes to mind
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
This is not as clear as its supposed to be. God Forbid, but things can be fishy here. Two different readings are not possible, and the difference is way too much.

Get the car checked + I read that there is some noise in dashboard. Note that Figo is not a car which will have a loose dashboard screw or anything. Its best bet to get the car checked.
I am not scaring mate. But is there any link between the loose dashboard and the faulty odo/tripo, which is whar the dealer has to explain and convince.
Old 23rd January 2011, 11:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Get the car checked + I read that there is some noise in dashboard. Note that Figo is not a car which will have a loose dashboard screw or anything. Its best bet to get the car checked.
I am not scaring mate. But is there any link between the loose dashboard and the faulty odo/tripo, which is what the dealer has to explain and convince.
Old 23rd January 2011, 12:20   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

One more thing.Were all the seats covered in plastic covers when you took the delivery?If they were absent then there is definitely something fishy because you cant put and remove the plastic covers.They have to be cut to be removed from the seat.
And also were there any minor scratches around the door handles at time of delivery.This is also a total giveaway of something fishy because the test drive cars would have been used carelessly and this can be easily made out from the door handle area

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 23rd January 2011 at 12:22.
Old 23rd January 2011, 13:08   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
But the biggest jolt was when i decided to check the trip meter and the trip meter read ...hold your breaths..7400 !!
Second dampner when i was driving back home (Thane) and on little uneven surfaces (not bad roads), i could feel the dashboard kind of hum. Not rattle mind you but slight humming like if you would move your fingers through a comb left to right.
The first issue could just be a one off case (of a faulty meter), personally I've dealt with 4-6 Ford Dealers, and all have come across as fair- so don't get too worried that they've duped you.
For the second issue, I feel the first one would have added fuel to it. If you hadn't encountered the first issue, you might not even have realized the humm sound. But since you wanted to make sure you identify all problems with the vehicle your senses might have been working overtime .
Old 23rd January 2011, 18:14   #22
Senior - BHPian

I do not know how your trip meter works, but this how the electronic meter works in my Alto K10.
1. Main Odometer which does not reset
2. (A) Odometer which resets
3. (B) Odometer which resets
Slight press of the meter button cycles between the three, while a prolonged press resets it.
In no case can the Odometer 1) be less than 2) or 3).
Unless some one has driven the car, and used some diagnostic tool to reset the main Odometer, while forgetting to do the reset for the trip meter(s).

As others have said, there will be signs of usage, how ever hard they try mask it. So if there are no signs, the meter if faulty and you should get it changed under warranty.

Most Viewed