Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2011, 21:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Half-Engine change on Alto @ 45k Kms, Please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
This is first part of the bill, the second half he has left it at home and hasn't bought it:

Half Engine Alto LX (Low Friction)
Gasket Cylinder Head
Water pump Assembly
Oil Pump assembly
Strainer Comp Aoil pump
O'Ring
Gasket Oil Seal housing
Gasket oil pump case
Gasket water pump
Seal Oil

In the other bill, it seems that they have mentioned something about replace pistons and rings. Also they have told him that the crankshaft has been broken due to dryness and needs to be re-place.
Let me try to check with the hosur MASS for a quote of this and if he can do it what the costs would be.
Old 25th January 2011, 21:44   #17
BHPian

Hosur MASS is an a**. The guy at himavashini, Hyundai is good. (Suresh) He does maruti's for much cheaper rate than Maruti service using MGP. I did my 70K INR worth accident repair of '99 Zen from him at it was satisfactory

I'm talkinga about Vinayaka motors and Green Wheels (heard they are not there anymore)

I believe Suresh Might remember me, Tell him "the guy who helped with the power point presenation for the Hyndai delaership".
Old 25th January 2011, 22:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

As the car is not under warranty any more, better get it done through a reliable independant workshop,ensuring they use MGP.

This is the reason I take the day off when servicing my Alto and camp near the car, to ensure oil + filter is changed properly and drain nut is screwed back, all fluid levels are perfect, air filter is properly cleaned and replaced correctly etc. I also check under the car for any leakages for the next few days. Please read a similar thread where a Hyndai Accent engine was fried.

My wife says I am paranoid, but I don't care!
Old 27th January 2011, 12:57   #19
BHPian

Please goto Shivaji nagar gujiri (like we call it here) . You can find an engine and what every you need, trust me I'd been there yesterday and from the looks of it one can easily build an 800 or a Ikon from scratch.

Last edited by chetan : 27th January 2011 at 13:01.
Old 27th January 2011, 13:18   #20
BHPian

Rajesh,
I know Lokesh from Surakhsha personally.I can talk to him and ask him for a quote.I have serviced my Swift D here for quite some time.I've never had any issues.Let me know.
Old 27th January 2011, 19:32   #21
BHPian

Rajesh - i spoke to your boss the other day, he called me regarding our discussion on this thread.

An update post discussion with Mr Prasad:
The car is lying with BIMAL (it seems Prasad also stays close by) and the reason for the whole thing mentioned by BIMAL was:
Potential radiator malfunction and thus overheating
Dharmapuri MASS not identifying the root cause of the problem and then doing only a temperory fix (even after they taking 2-3 days to fix it!).

Now the quote mentioned here by Rajesh here seems including the radiator replacement also (which is already completed by BIMAL guys). Prasad has also paid some initial amounts and asked them to go ahead with the work (he didnt have any other options left at that time - the other mechanics mentioned that noone would come and visit the car lying at BIMAL - due to potentially knowing each other).

BIMAL guys also offered to buy the car as-is by reducing the value with the repair cost - but he didnt opt for that.

Now BIMAL is going to do the haf engine. With that (replacement with new parts) they are offering him another 1 Lak Kms warranty. The only option they have given is to do some repairs (instead of replaceent) then the 1 Lak m warranty is not offered. Even with the repair option Prasad is saving only 5000 Rs which does not seem to worth the risk.

I got that Prasad is finally is going for the full replacement option. Unfortunately it is not covered under insurance (as it is not an accident case - mentioned by BIMAL). So he would have to shell money out of his pocket.

The question remaining is - during those services why the radiator issue wasnt spotted - MASS should have a check point on this on at least all major services as it is an important componet which impact engine.

Thought of updating this thread post the discussion so that others are informed.

narayanang76

Last edited by narayanang76 : 27th January 2011 at 19:34. Reason: word corrections
Old 27th January 2011, 19:51   #22
BHPian

Narayanan: thanks for your time and effort. He never told me all this. All that he told me is that he has not yet decided on anything and was still thinking. After getting few suggestions from our friends here, i asked him to check with you and probably go to a local mech and he told me that he would go out local mech because he has lost trust in Bimal. Now seems like again he has made a wrong decision. After they are ...well you know what i mean .

Thank You everybody for your valuable inputs.

Cheers,
Rajesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayanang76 View Post
Rajesh - i spoke to your boss the other day, he called me regarding our discussion on this thread.

Thought of updating this thread post the discussion so that others are informed.

narayanang76
Old 27th January 2011, 20:06   #23
BHPian

No Problems Rajesh.

Actually while we started speaking he was still looking for options, but I kind of understood that half work (radiator replacement) already done by BIMAL there was less anyone can do or even taking the car out for the engine work does not make any sense or even possibility was very weak. hence he concluded that he would continue with Bimal for the entire work - also they were offering some warranty as well.
Old 27th January 2011, 20:23   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Why not get a complete engine from a scrapped Alto if that is available?
Dear this is best short and sweet advice , first and foremost remove your vehicle from that A.S.S. and get the job done locally by replacing complete secondhand engine with flushing the lubricating system as it may have been contaminated ,replace with new engine oil ,oil filter,coolant, airfilter.and drive away you may sell the damaged engine to the same scrap guy whom you rought the engine .

You may get a Alto engine for about 15000/-or so.

Last edited by GTO : 28th January 2011 at 19:26. Reason: Please don't center-align your posts. Correcting
Old 28th January 2011, 21:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

OT- How easy/ difficult is it to endorse a new engine number in the RC?

Regards
Sutripta

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks