Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2006, 22:46   #46
Team-BHP Support

Karthik, I think you need to listen to all of us and act fast now. The fact that they have now taken the engine out of tthe car means they don't know their elbow from that a$$!

Whatever you do, make sure you either get the car out of there, or atleast make sure they don't touch it anymore till they can get some people who know what they are doing.

Is there another Skoda dealer in Tvm?
Old 5th January 2006, 22:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

There is only one dealer at TVM. I'll try to get the car outta there, but the thing is they've removed the engine and won't it take them another day to fix it up? When i called up the engineer today evening, he said he'll tell me 'Exately' what the prob is by 2moro noon..anyway i'll head to their place first thing 2moro mornin..lets see what he has to say.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest that you get them to show you all the parts that are gone, what I can say is as follows:

ECU: If the ECU found problems running the car it would have gone to limp mode. If the ecu has been completely disconnected then yes the ECU has to be reprogrammed to accept the TPS inputs for calibiration, which is not like rewriting the entire ECU code. The shiver at 3000 rpm counds so much like the limp mode.

Injectors: If they are clogged can be cleaned and reused unless they are burnt out ( Next to impossible)

Turbo: No way bad fuel could cause a turbo to go down

Filter: Yes it will have to be changed

Pump: Yes it will have to be thoroughly cleaned and if it does not work replace

Engine: Bad fuel could damage your pistons and con rods.

Sorry for the delayed response on this but do hope it helps.

PS: Make sure they provide you with every single part that they find damaged. And please do take this to consumer court and do drag in the fuel station, insurance company into this. The fuel sample and the parts will be enough proof.

Last edited by Psycho : 6th January 2006 at 00:35.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:39   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Are you sure it was not something simple as a loose turbo hose causing a loss of power and excess fuel to run in?
I would need to agree with Ajmat. It might be a blown hose from the turbo to the inter cooler or from the intercooler to the intake.

MAP / MAF sensor like Rtech and some of the other guys mentioned can be a reason, but should have shown up as an error code when they hooked it to the computer.

And like all the others i caan't understand why they have pulled the engine out.

I hope things get better.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:48   #50
Team-BHP Support

Psycho, about the fuel pump thing, when you say clean and all, it thats what done during fuel pump overhaul? I guess you may not need to replace the pump, some parts may have to be replaced. Atleast in indica during overhaul they replace parts which are damaged, so the new pump costs 12000-14000 approx and overhaul is 6900.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:50   #51
BHPian

Karthik sorry to learn about all the problems that you are going through!! As the team says it is most probably a problem with the service center trying to get you out of cash. Try your best to get the car back in shape and out of there quickly.
Old 6th January 2006, 00:50   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
I would need to agree with Ajmat. It might be a blown hose from the turbo to the inter cooler or from the intercooler to the intake.

MAP / MAF sensor like Rtech and some of the other guys mentioned can be a reason, but should have shown up as an error code when they hooked it to the computer.

And like all the others i caan't understand why they have pulled the engine out.

I hope things get better.
And all that talk about bad fuel is just hot air to pass the bill on to the poor boy? I wouldnt be surprised, given the good reputation of that particular fuel station. Should involve BP in this as they would be able to disprove anything Skoda says.

If so, I'd like to get my hands on Marikar Motors & Skoda

Last edited by Steeroid : 6th January 2006 at 00:52.
Old 6th January 2006, 01:12   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

had a similar problem with my diesel indica 2years back,the car started coughing and would not exceed 2Krpm,i visited 3 tata authorised service centres all of them advised me to overhaul fuel pump but later a delphi service center mechanic solved the the problem by retuning the car for free in 5 minutes.
Old 6th January 2006, 02:25   #54
jat
BHPian

although i do not know much about cars, but i feel that those guys at workshop are trying to pass the buck to bad fuel and are trying to cover up their own fault.

diesel engines are designed to handle some variation in fuel quality except when they are adultrated with very low viscosity fuel like petrol - whic i think is not feasible. the fuel pump and injector wear down can take place when fuel system contains some emulsified water or muck. worn out fuel pump can cause loss of power but not so much of smoke.

as you have mentioned that the turbocharger is working ok on other cars, but not on your car, then i suspect that something is fouling the air passage to the engine. the noise or vibration you heard may of fouled air passage forcing the turbocharger to surge. reduced air can lead to loss of power and smoke. this can also happen due to failure of ecu or some monitoring device for fuel or air or control device for air circulation etc if fitted.

can you get the results of the coumpter thing analysis, when they connected it to your for fault finding?
Old 6th January 2006, 10:37   #55
Senior - BHPian

It cant be the fuel. Those guys are taking you for ride I guess. By the way is that DVD player still in the car and working

Why I said abt the fuel is... Thers a Vitara at my place which was filled up with Diesel ( Yah D i e s e l ) by its driver on the second day. The service guys came down and cleaned up and bla blaa and teh car is fine. ( He didnt drive or couldnt drive much after he filled up teh tank with diesel though and hence lucky I guess)

Why dont you call some senior engineers/management or so and blast them. @#$%^& ther was some article about these guys in a local newspaper last day.
Old 6th January 2006, 10:45   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This thread link has been emailed to top dogs at Skoda, to bring their attention to the matter.

GTO
Old 6th January 2006, 10:47   #57
Team-BHP Support

where anshuman, which service! I would love to get tuning done too.
Old 6th January 2006, 10:59   #58
BHPian

Hi karthik247,

Try this skoda forum http://www.briskoda.net/forums/ Hope this will help you.....Keep us updated.......

PJ
Old 6th January 2006, 12:43   #59
jat
BHPian

I have found out the followings:

Re fuel:
1 - The sample collected by mechanic may not be held valid as there is no witnesses, no seal and the engine has been completely dismantled.
2 - If this kind of damage has taken place due to fuel, then there will definitely be some other vehicles which has filled up from same fuel pump and suffered some kind of damage.
3 - If it is a common practice, then a sample from the fuel pump can prove it.

Re skoda guys:
1. They have no right to open up the engine without your prior permission. You have the right to have second opinion before those guys can start working on your car.
2. They have to give you the analysis report of scanning/troubling shooting before they get your permission to open up the engine.

On the above two counts, you can drag the skoda workshop to consumer court. It may take some time to sort out the matter but you may get all your repairs done free of cost plus another Skoda free.
Old 6th January 2006, 13:35   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jat
I have found out the followings:

Re fuel:
1 - The sample collected by mechanic may not be held valid as there is no witnesses, no seal and the engine has been completely dismantled.
2 - If this kind of damage has taken place due to fuel, then there will definitely be some other vehicles which has filled up from same fuel pump and suffered some kind of damage.
3 - If it is a common practice, then a sample from the fuel pump can prove it.

Re skoda guys:
1. They have no right to open up the engine without your prior permission. You have the right to have second opinion before those guys can start working on your car.
2. They have to give you the analysis report of scanning/troubling shooting before they get your permission to open up the engine.

On the above two counts, you can drag the skoda workshop to consumer court. It may take some time to sort out the matter but you may get all your repairs done free of cost plus another Skoda free.
Whoaa man! Karthik, there you go. All in black and white. Proves all the more that those morons out there do not know a thing. Not even the basics of what they need to do and what not.

As a matter of fact, because it can not be proved that the adulterated fuel caused all the problems your case gets even stronger. The court will evidently suspect it as some sort of foul play (and maybe an intent to tamper with the evidences).

Check it out man. Do not let them make some easy money on you. I hate it when some smart a$$es feel that they can lick people so easy.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed