Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2006, 19:49   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
He said only the ECU malfunctioned and all the other things are fine. So they said they would only have to replace the ECU.
That makes very little sense.
Are you sure its the entire ECU that had a problem or was it just one sensor that they overlooked and are now blaming the ECU for.

Normally would the ECU be covered under warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Same dealer for Skoda all over Kerala, if I'm not mistaken...he will end up taking it from one workshop of the dealer to another, unless he drives out to Tamil Nadu or Karnataka.
But sometimes all it takes is one smart monkey to fix the car.

cya
R
Old 15th January 2006, 11:11   #77
BHPian

hey Kartik, really sorry to hear this about ur car, and u.

Well, as everyone said, involve Skoda big boss in it. Talk to the Skoda ppl abt what all has happened, and ask them for explaination why the Engine had to be removed to find out a problem with the ECU!!!

as everyone is saying, obviously the dealer is playing around with u, and well, the only way for u to actually find out is to talk to some other mechanics about how to find out that the ECU is bad in a car.

Even if the fuel is bad, it will be bad only to a very minimum percent, say about 5-10% of KErosene in it, and not more. mite, these cars are all sturdy enough to hold out such lil adultrations! why, most of the Indica, Ambi, Autos run on Diesel Kerosene mixes! all that happens is a white smoke coming out of it, and the engine going bad, in the long run. unless, u got Petrol filled in ur diesel car at the IOC pump, that the car fails immediately after it. which i am sure is just not happened in ur case.

do inform us ur progress.
Old 15th January 2006, 14:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

OK guys, i got the ECU replaced and have been driving the car after that work for abt a week now. Now i dunno if this is just mental stuff, but i did feel a turbo lag more than it used to be. I felt that it only kicked in after 2000rpm. So is this possible or is it just sumtin to do with me??

The car felt a bit smoother to be frank and wz surprised at that too. But still wonder abt that 60kmph limit they said to follow for a few hundred kilometers
Old 15th January 2006, 23:13   #79
jat
BHPian

Quote:
But still wonder abt that 60kmph limit they said to follow for a few hundred kilometers

As they have opened up the engine, it seems that they might have changed the piston rings etc or something on the mechanical side. They may be asking you indirectly to run-in the engine. I don't think the ECU would be affected with speed. Ask them to explain the reason for restriction, although the way they are keeping silent about the whole issue, they may not give you the facts.

RK
Old 16th January 2006, 22:33   #80
Team-BHP Support

So was it done completely under warranty??

cya
R
Old 16th January 2006, 22:40   #81
Senior - BHPian

The work is not done completely, they still have to recheck the car.

And abt that turbo thing, i might take it back to the workshop again. I'll try to check that prob somewhre elz too b4 i do that
Old 17th January 2006, 01:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

Did they charge you RS 1.8 lakh ?
Old 24th January 2006, 23:28   #83
Senior - BHPian

As of tonite, Karthik has informed me that he has all sorts of problems with the car now. Loss of power, turbo, clutch problems (which the dealer claims is his fault for driving the car into the service station without power), et al......

Apparantly he is spending every other day in the garage, finding out new faults and getting them rectified.

Bad enough that he got a dud back, his warranty has also run out on the 18th of the month.

We'll need a group effort here to help him salvage a car that he says is NOT WORTH DRIVING ANYMORE.
Old 25th January 2006, 00:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

Well like i said, i've got the ECU replaced. They said they'll try to cover it under warranty, and in case they can't the they'll lemme know exately how much to pay.

Now the prob with the car is that they is a small difference in the overall pickup and power. Now when they checked that they said the clutch is half burnt, so its causing the prob. I am able to drive the car, but it feels sluggish. And they also said it could be the MAF tats causing the prob.

Then when they checked the car, they removed a plug/connecter from that place in the pic...and then when driven, it felt a tad better but not same as before.
And whats that thing they removed??

And Mods,
could u edit the title, cuz i haven't been told the amount exately. They now said they'll try to cover it under warranty.
Old 25th January 2006, 01:33   #85
BHPian

hey karthik i dont think ur turbo might me damaged!! did u get it checked? wat did the guys have to say reg the TC? a TC never gets damaged soo fast...unless there was a turbo charger surging or some serious issue liek that which i dont think has happened i ur case!! iam a marine engg by profession so i know a thing or 2 reg TC,,....dont worry get ur TC overhauled...it will b fine iam sure...
Old 25th January 2006, 01:53   #86
Senior - BHPian

If the clutch is indeed half burnt, then are they willing to replace it under warranty or not? And after taking apart the engine, they could not even manage to rectify the MAF problem which most likely they would have known about when they tested the car after putting back the engine and replacing the ecu. (assuming that they did bother to test it)
Old 25th January 2006, 04:54   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Well i have had a similar problem previously. I think i had mentioned it on a thread. The fuel pump or some part of that sort in my C-class got ruined due to bad fuel and the company charged me 80,000! My cars r ALWAYS tanked up from the HP petrol pump(the biggest one) in bandra. When they informed me of the reason for damage being bad fuel i stormed into the petrol pumps office and fired the top executives there as we had an account with them for decades and didnt expect such quality from them. They showed me all sorts of test that they do everyday to make sure the fuel is poor and even agreed to spk to MBIL abt the false acusation that has been made of them.
The end result: NOTHING! I had to pay them and change the part, but i am pretty damn sure the reason was not bad fuel. Its probably that these cars have not been made according to our "good" fuel quality.
Old 25th January 2006, 07:57   #88
BHPian

well look at the bright part, you get a new turbo and engine management system... juss kiddin
yo m really sorry to hear that ... i had ti face the same problem like within 2-3 months when i bought a skodi... my dumb driver had filled petrol instead and was experiencing the same problem.. except for he dint realise till i drove it.
neways no matter how hard that sounds i guess you dont really have an option.
anyway do take some action against yuor fuel station.
Old 25th January 2006, 08:56   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Now the prob with the car is that they is a small difference in the overall pickup and power. Now when they checked that they said the clutch is half burnt, so its causing the prob.... And they also said it could be the MAF tats causing the prob.
WHAT?

You have to be kidding me. They have had the car for 3 weeks, taken it apart, run tests and they still dont know whether its the clutch or the MAF sensor??!?!?
wow.

Goodluck,
cya
R
Old 25th January 2006, 10:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

They told me that the clutch is half burnt, and thats why there is a lack in overall performance. And no, i won't be getting warranty for that...

Then they did check that MAF sensor, but they did kinda have a doubt that wheather its the clutch or the MAF sensor tats causing the prob.

The engine seems to be alrite. It can rev up nicely upto the redline without any probs. But i dunno if its the clutch tats causing the prob, or if its sumtin wrong with the engine itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks