Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2011, 12:31   #1
BHPian

Help - Engine mounting change for Honda Civic

Hi

Have done 59,000 kms on Honda Civic, no issues so far. Recently I noticed a vibration from the front and checked with the service centre and was told that the Engine mounting needs to be replaced. There is oil spill near the engine mount.

Questions are

1. Tyres are in good condition as confirmed by the service centre, and my drive is fairly smooth, could this be defective part or is wear out of engine mount possible at 60,000 kms.

2. In the last 15 years of driving Fiats, & 2 Fords, never had to replace engine mounts, so am a little concerned.

Request help on this
Old 7th February 2011, 14:14   #2
BHPian

Re: Help - Engine mounting change for Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishtk View Post
Hi

Have done 59,000 kms on Honda Civic, no issues so far. Recently I noticed a vibration from the front and checked with the service centre and was told that the Engine mounting needs to be replaced. There is oil spill near the engine mount.

Questions are

1. Tyres are in good condition as confirmed by the service centre, and my drive is fairly smooth, could this be defective part or is wear out of engine mount possible at 60,000 kms.

2. In the last 15 years of driving Fiats, & 2 Fords, never had to replace engine mounts, so am a little concerned.

Request help on this
It is a known issue in civic. You can search on this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-must-dos.html.
I remember having read of this issue in younger civics as well.
alto99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks