Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2011, 17:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Reliable and Cost Effective Mechanic/Garage In Daman

Guys, I have been gifted a 1990's (dont know what year exactly) 1.o litre Gypsy by a friend, which i have to pick up from Daman. I am told its a non runner and has been parked there without use. It has done very low mileage and was an original soft top. The owner has hence added a fibre glass top (available for Gypsy's and an a/c).

Since the Gypsy has hardly been used, mechanically, she should be good. My plan is to pick it up from the factory at Daman and bring it to a reliable and cost effective garage at Daman and get it sorted. I presume, the following will need to get fixed.
1) Brakes
2) Tuning
3) All lubricants, oils and coolants
4) All filters
5) Spark Plugs
6) Fan Belt and Hoses
7) Tyres (maybe tubes only if running tubed)
8) Electricals

I will then either get it driven to Bombay or have it trucked and then driven across the Octroi, not for road tax evasion (I plan to pay taxes and get a Mumbai Number once done up) but because of the fact that the octroi naka can be a pain to deal with.

Depending on the state of the body (im expecting it to be bad) I will carry out the mods on the Gypsy. This will be primarily for off roading but needs to be a vehicle which can be driven without breaking out in a sweat to the venue, for off roading.

Suggestions everyone. Need only tried and tested guys and no Maruti dealerships as that would be an expensive proposition. The idea is to get it fixed only so much that it can be drivable to Bombay.
Old 27th February 2011, 23:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Reliable and Cost Effective Mechanic/Garage In Daman

Hello???? No one can guide me here??!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks