Highly Recommended 20 52.63%
Recommended 13 34.21%
NOT Recommended 5 13.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 22:20   #46
BHPian

re: Service Center | Tune Up Plus @ Pune | EDIT: Has shut down

Got my Ritz (ZXi) serviced from Tune Up Plus yesterday. We recently acquired this car (pre-owned) and I wanted to get the mechanicals checked and a full service done as a preventive maintenance.

The following works were carried out:

1. Full Service with oil & filters change
2. Brakes, Clutch & Electricals checked. Turned out that the clutch needed some adjustment and was fixed
3. The horn set was faulty and replaced
4. Wheel alignment and balancing
5. Few other bits and pieces like blown bulb, bumper clips etc were fixed.

The total amount spent was Rs.5873/- which was in line with my expectations. (Bulk of which went towards oil, A/C filter, alignment + balancing and the new horn set)

Overall another positive experience for me.

Last edited by amoghchaphalkar : 10th March 2015 at 22:22.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 11:22   #47
CPJ
BHPian

My Honda City ZX was having wheel bearing issue which was diagnosed by Honda Authorised Service centre guys but they were quoting high price for replacing it, so thought of checking out my options before going ahead and replacing it.

Based upon the reviews mentioned in this thread went to Tune Up Plus. Thanks to Google maps the place was easy to find and upon reaching there, went to the reception and told them about the issue.

In a short while Mr Lonkar came and we went for a test drive to check for the issue. After the test drive the car was put on jack to check for the issue and Mr Lonkar said the wheel bearing of back right tyre is on its way out but you can easily drive for another 2-3 months before replacing it.

The diagnosis was reassuring and a big thumbs up for Mr Lonkar for not trying to push me in getting the job done. Also when asked for charges, he said none.

We chatted for some more time regarding some other work that my car needed and then I left the place feeling satisfied.

The only grouse that I have from my visit to Tune Up Plus is that Mr Lonkar is always on his phones and you can not have a steady conversation with him as he would take his calls in between and would take his own sweet time to return.

However as long as my car is getting all the attention that it needs and the issues are getting resolved I wont mind revisiting the place again for getting my car serviced in 2 months time. I think then would be the right time to judge Tune Up Plus regarding the quality of work performed.

Till then Drive Safe!
Old 20th March 2015, 13:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Does tune up plus stock Koni struts? I need to change the suspension of my swift vdi and was thinking of trying Koni.
Old 19th April 2015, 16:19   #49
BHPian

Recently got my sister's A-Star (AT) serviced from Tune Up Plus. The warranty on the car had recently expired and the car was nearing 20k kms. My sister was fed up with Maruti's falling service standards and lackadaisical approach towards customers. So we decided to get the service done from Tune Up Plus. After going through the previous bills I realised that Maruti had not not done anything apart from washing the car & periodically "checking" it. Hence I told Abhijit to consider this as a major service and carry out whatever works that he felt necessary.

The following works were carried out:
1. All fluids (engine oil, brake oil, power steering oil and coolant) and filters changed (I wanted the transmission oil to be changed too but Abhijit suggested it was not necessary)
2. Brakes needed to be checked & cleaned
3. AC service
4. Alignment, balancing, rotation, new wipers

The bill was close to 6k bulk of which went towards consumables (fluids and filters). Car was dropped in the morning and delivered in the evening. Overall another positive experience. Most importantly the owner (my sister) said this "It actually feels like the car has been serviced. With Maruti, apart from a washed car, I used to notice no difference in the way the car drove post service"
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2015, 17:31   #50
BHPian

I think I am soon going to be accused of trolling this thread :P

Got the Safari serviced yesterday. Again a no-fuss, no non-sense experience. In fact, this time I did not even meet Abhijit while dropping or picking up the car.

Since we are going to sell off the car soon, I had told him to do a very basic service (oil & filters change, etc.). He just called me once to ask if he should get the alignment and balancing done.

The total cost of service came to some 6k.

Our Innova might go to Tune Up Plus for its next scheduled service. I am clearly noticing DSK's service standards falling in Pune and feel it is time to look for an alternative.

Amogh
Old 6th November 2015, 20:27   #51
BHPian

I have been a customer of tune up plus for the last 6-7 years now - this is over 2 hatch backs and 1 sedan.

What I like:
1. Genuine advise always.
2. Does only what is really required. No cross sell, upsell or un warranted jobs.
3. Good Quality workmanship
4. Organized work space.
5. Personal attention from Abhijeet himself

Dislikes:
1. Steep Labor Charges - a clutch overhaul labor charge itself is in tune of 3.5 k to 4 k depending on car. Well known A** charge much much less.
2. No job card copy handed over to customer
3. No card swipe facility
4. There is an additional line item in the labor bill for every tiny job - some of these should be there in the service labor package itself.

Overall a trustworthy place but really pricey, even more that the A.S.S. in terms of labor.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd November 2017 at 13:52. Reason: Old post, but correcting a minor issue.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2016, 17:30   #52
BHPian

Got the A-Star serviced from Tune Up Plus recently. It was a routine service, the only additional bit being to service the air conditioner which was never serviced since the purchase of the car.

Again an overall hassle free and smooth experience. The total bill was Rs.6615, the bulk of which (Rs.3200/-) went towards engine oil and replacing a broken door mirror. The balance was towards labour charges + AC service (including gas) and filters + other consumables.

Positive experience and recommendation continues.....
Old 27th April 2016, 13:35   #53
BHPian

We have been using Tune Up Plus for servicing Swift and M800 for almost a decade now. The prices are definitely on the higher side. But the fantastic work done every time makes it totally worthwhile.
Old 18th May 2016, 17:10   #54
BHPian

Got my brother's i10 serviced at TUP last week.

It was not a complete servicing that I asked for but just oil change, filters change and general check-up as I was in hurry.

Abhijit was fortunately free that day and hence personally took care of the work. Work was completed in flat 1 hour with another 30 minutes for washing.

Abhijit also checked the front brake pads and initially thought they might need to be replaced but upon checking thoroughly they were found to be okay. So just cleaned and fitted back.

Total bill was around Rs. 2800/- which includes washing as well.

Another satisfying experience at TUP.
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 23:17   #55
BHPian

I recently got my Innova serviced at Tune Up Plus. The car had crossed 1.2 lac km, and it was time for a major service. The falling standards at DSK Toyota and my earlier good experiences at Tune Up Plus meant that the decision was a no-brainer. The experience, once again, was extremely good.

This time I spoke to Abhijeet personally and requested him to do a complete mechanical check up of the car. Apart from routine servicing (fluids and filters change), the bits that I felt needed attention were the suspension (car was still running the stock suspension), clutch and brakes. I had essentially told Abhijeet that whatever he feels needs to be fixed mechanically; he should go ahead and fix it.

After checking the car, Abhijeet informed me that the following parts needed replacement:
1. Suspension: Stabilizer bar assembly, tie rod assembly, steering ball joint, lower arm ball joint,
2. Brakes: Brake pads, brake liners
3. Clutch: Clutch assembly + release bearing (I must admit I pushed for the clutch to be replaced)

Apart from the above jobs, routine service was also carried out which included:
1. Engine oil + filter change
2. Gear oil change
3. A/c service
4. Wheel alignment & balancing

Above is a highly compressed summary (the actual bill ran into 35 items for parts + labour)

The total cost came to ~35k which, I feel, was reasonable considering the quality of work done and quotation given by DSK for a similar scope of work.

The car was at Tune Up Plus for a week. However, I must mention here that Abhijeet had clearly told me that it would take time to get everything done. So everything was well within the estimate. And given the quality of work done: I don't think I have any reason to complain.

My positive recommendation of Tune Up Plus therefore continues.

Thanks,

Amogh
amoghchaphalkar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 12:41   #56
BHPian

A recent experience at TUP:

Last week, I sent my i10 for checking the brake pads and suspension as there was some noise while braking. Abhijeet checked everything with a lot of patience and then came to the conclusion that neither brake pads nor suspension needs any alignment or replacement.

After a couple of days, magically the noise has disappeared.

Any other repair workshop would have replaced both the things without even checking! That is why TUP comes to mind whenever someone asks for a FNG reference.
the_skyliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 14:20   #57
BHPian

After having driven down my 2nd Generation Honda city V Tec from Delhi to Pune, I was on an extensive search for a garage that will help me get rid of too many noises from the car.

After having searched extensively, I shortlisted Tune up Plus and despite being in the opposite corner of the city I still called and fixed up an appointment that was 10 days ahead. On the day of the appointment, I reached the place at the specified time (9:30), Met a gentleman named Akshay who was very polite person and also listened to all my concerns with utmost patience but,
Problem 1 - he seemed too desperate to get the car serviced and repeated thrice that its an old car and might have more issues. I handed over to him a sheet of paper that entitled the problems and also the work that has been done one the car in the last 6 months.

The issues I categorically mentioned were -
A. Heavy vibrations in the car esp while launching the car
B. Shuddering in the car at specific RPM’s
C. Car had issues in cranking
D. Heavy Creaky noise near the engine
E. Car feels like gaining a lot of back pressure at lower RPM’s

I had told them very clearly that I had come all the way looking for a technical solution and a good one.
Problem 1 (Again) - As Mr Lonkar came, he again inquired if the car needed servicing which I had to refuse twice

Day 2 - I got a quote from them which entailed - change of wipers, change of radiator, change of silencer, Change of the all the belts, change of both rear and front brake pads/ drum, change of tappet seal cover. The estimate was - 22,000

Problem 2 - Where is the solution to my problem and I felt like I had handed over my car to an ASS

I had to make a call and tell them specifically that the problem is not these but the ones mentioned. I got a reply that said - “these are the problems and rest shall be discovered once we deal with the car further). I canceled most of things but confirmed for the change of brake pads and the change of all belts.

Problem 3 - When Mr Lonkar speaks with you, he speaks with a million more people in parallel and he may walk away any moment. It could be his behavior but there is a basic curtsy and the other person is also investing time & effort which simply cant be ignored at any moment to the likes of another person

Problem 4 - On the 9th day, I was told that the car is too old so one of the engine cover bolts is broken (Obviously, its not his fault but the car is too old, but thats ok no garage accepts its fault). It took 2 days more

Problem 5 - Car wasn't test driven yet to see for the noise or the vibrations. He had claimed to solve everything. But now, belts were changed, clutch setting was done and brakes were changed. Where is the vibrations and noise story. And It took 10 days to change the belts and brake pads.

Problem 6 - The day i went, my car was full of bird poop and was in dirt and above it the bill had a charge of 350 for the full body wash and wasn't test driven yet.
I asked mr Lonkar not to wash it since I would get it detailed but he said “I don't like to give away the car dirty and I thought it was complimentary since he said “chotu put some water on the car” To my surprise he charged for it.

Problem 7 - The garage isn't economical at all. Now if we say a belt change is at the rate of 200 - 300 rs per belt, it sounds ok. But if I take all the belts together I am charged over 1200 for all the belts which were changed & every service is charged separately it would look economical but overall it will go up exponentially.
Despite my complaining, my car was washed with no underbody wash, no interior cleaning & car’s alloys looked so shabby and I was charged for it.
(so I had a bill of approx 10k with little less than 5k on parts and little more than 5k for labor)

Problem 8 - the ignition coil cable and other cables around the engine around the engine were shabbily placed back.

And when I had asked him about how my car behaved or performed, he never gave a straight answer and he wasn't busy at that time.

Overall, very disappointed. I ended up paying rs 10,000 and I still have my issues exactly where they were in the same magnitude.

PS: This is purely on the basis of my experience and I don't agree/ disagree with people’s comment above, its just my personal point of view.
And I am still on the lookout for someone who may sort out my problems, so suggestions are more than welcome.
uniq62 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 17:30   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniq62 View Post
Problem 3 - When Mr Lonkar speaks with you, he speaks with a million more people in parallel and he may walk away any moment. It could be his behavior but there is a basic curtsy and the other person is also investing time & effort which simply cant be ignored at any moment to the likes of another person
Exactly the same issue, I faced - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...ml#post2708834
Old 25th January 2018, 19:32   #59
BHPian

Alright folks, another service of the Alto done at Tune Up plus. It wasn't yet due and it hadn't run much but it was a breakdown (eventually no reasons found) that lead to a servicing.

Over the years, the labor charges have gotten steeper at Tune Up plus and not sure if my alto (a second car in home) really needs that for its very low run - 3, 3.5 k in a year.

Just wanted to get a feedback on labour charges viz a viz MASS. Trust is one thing for which I have always prefered Tune Up plus so far....but the cost is suggesting otherwise now.

Labour Charges break up @ 50 k approx, 18% GST extra

Paid Service - 1575 (very steep IMHO)
Wheel Cyl. Assembly Changing Qty 1 - 550
AC Cond. Clng - 120
Engine Scanning and Diagnostic - 350 (new addition these days)
Elect check up - 200 (checking all lights only)
Steering Rack Boot Changing - 150

With materials, total cost 5300/ out of which labour is 3600/

Another point, there is a charge for consumables @ 150 but then distiled water, wind screen cleaner and cable ties are charged separately for Rs 60/
Are these not consumables?

Am fine on the materials, but on the labour part Service itself is pricey, then cylinder assembly and diagnostic is too much. How that woud be at a MASS?

Note that Engine oil was not changed - else another 1200-1300 would have added.

Post Service:
-------------
Cause of initial breakdown is still not known. Running car had stopped, just like that.
Came back with an additional noise from water pump which was not there originally.
But am not complaining much on these 2 points.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2018, 20:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Consumables could be waste cotton and other stuff used for cleaning etc.

I was once charged Rs. 10 by a Tata service centre towards use of insulation tape, whereas you get a whole roll of insulation tape for that amount.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks