Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2017, 07:45   #601
BHPian

Re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
I too faced the same issue that the engine used to suddenly die out of nowhere. Ford flashed the firmware but it didn't help.

Replaced the Clutch Sensor and everything is now fine. Get it changed even if SA says its working perfectly. Costs Rs. 200.
Thanks. Will do.

How long has it been since you replaced the sensor? Also, did you ask the SA to change it or did he suggest it based on their diagnosis?

Last edited by MorePower : 10th November 2017 at 07:45. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 10th November 2017, 23:00   #602
Senior - BHPian

Re: Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
How long has it been since you replaced the sensor?
5 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
Also, did you ask the SA to change it or did he suggest it based on their diagnosis?
Read on this thread. One owner changed the Clutch Sensor and everything worked fine after that. Did the same and problem solved.
Old 18th December 2017, 19:01   #603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Just finished reading 40 pages of this thread. Issue in my chevy spark is very similar. It is CNGed but issue occurs in petrol mode too.
The moment I press clutch to change gears, car vibrates and stalls. If I take corrective action then and there by releasing clutch I manage to keep it running otherwise it just stops and I need to re-crank.

Local mechanic here advised change of throttle body at an expense of 8K. Any suggestion guys.
Are you still facing this issue?

My friend is facing a similar issue is in his spark. The engine turns-off while downshifting to 2nd/1st/neutral gears. Doesn't happen while downshifting to 3rd from 4th. Any pointers?
Old 18th December 2017, 19:18   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Are you still facing this issue?

My friend is facing a similar issue is in his spark. The engine turns-off while downshifting to 2nd/1st/neutral gears. Doesn't happen while downshifting to 3rd from 4th. Any pointers?
Yes I am still facing same issue and now its in my habit. Even my mechanic told me to change the throttle body for 10-12 K which forced me to postpone it. Do let me know if you get any better solution
Thanks
sparkguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 19:37   #605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkguy View Post
Yes I am still facing same issue and now its in my habit. Even my mechanic told me to change the throttle body for 10-12 K which forced me to postpone it. Do let me know if you get any better solution
Thanks
Thanks for your response.

Do you face this during every downshifts or is it intermittent?

Last edited by arun_josie : 18th December 2017 at 19:38.
Old 19th December 2017, 09:52   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Thanks for your response.

Do you face this during every downshifts or is it intermittent?
I face it very often. Pressing the clutch while changing gears and you are certain to hear the engine switching off.
Old 19th December 2017, 10:09   #607
Senior - BHPian

I had this issue on my Figo TDCI Titanium. Ford A.S.S detected a EGR issue. Replacement was slated to cost about Rs. 15K. I blanked off the EGR for about 500 rupees, and sorted the issue.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 11:20   #608
BHPian

I have this same problem so went to a mechanic, who is placing an order for the clutch switch. Just want to make sure that the is the part that needs to be replaced, could someone please confirm?
Attached Thumbnails
Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford-20200213_110113.jpg  

Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford-20200213_110220.jpg  

Old 13th February 2020, 11:51   #609
BHPian

One more thing, the mechanic did a scan for error codes and said that it is showing instrument cluster problem and that they had to replace the instrument clusters for several Figo cars in the past. Could someone comment on this?
Old 17th February 2020, 23:01   #610
BHPian

Mechanic says that the part costs Rs.2500, but it was reported to be jus RS.250 here. Does that mean he is looking at a wrong part? Please help!
Old 17th February 2020, 23:39   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haridsv View Post
Mechanic says that the part costs Rs.2500, but it was reported to be jus RS.250 here. Does that mean he is looking at a wrong part? Please help!
Here's a boodmo link for your perusal
https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-clut...tch-35944996/#
Attached Thumbnails
Figo TDCi: Dies occasionally while downshifting! Solved: Updated firmware by Ford-screenshot_20200217233821.jpg  

Torq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 10:41   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
Thank you so much, really appreciate the link. I will just order it myself and get it exchanged. He reached out to it from under the dashboard so perhaps I could do it myself, need to check.
Old 18th February 2020, 10:54   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torq View Post
On the same page, I see other switches listed from 1500 to 2000 and they too are listed as aftermarket. Since this is a simple mechanical device, these prices seem like a big rip off, but should I be concerned about the one listed for Rs.100 on breaking too soon? I guess I can always keep the original as a backup, in case the car doesn't start.
Old 10th March 2020, 18:44   #614
BHPian

I replaced the clutch switch about a week back and the car stopped yesterday when the clutch is pressed, exactly the same way as before. This means that the problem in my case is not related to this part. :(
Old 27th November 2023, 20:59   #615

Ertiga 2016 1.3 DDIS- Engine/transmission brief malfunction after downshift(?)

Dear members

This is my 1st post on team-bhp,where I have been a lurker and an information consumer for the 3 decades of this forum. Recently decided to apply and the kind Admins have approved my application.

Issue:
  • I'm from Chennai, use a pre-worshipped Ertiga ZDI+ (2016) , bought from Spinny in May 2022, clocked 13K kms (from 45K) over the 18 months, close to the end of their buyback program.
  • After an interstate drive on Oct 2 long weekend, I encountered a couple of times - which I believe happened after downshifts, with AC on- a 20 second period where I experienced a loss of power + vibration.
  • After the above episode-and 600 kms later- I experienced this 2 days ago
  • Yesterday, I tried to recreate this behavior ,drove for over 30 kms, and I could not do so. I wanted to do so before landing up at the Maruti ASS hoping it becomes easier to troubleshoot and lesser time to fix
  • Note: In the Oct 2 trip, I had to take the badly maintained Madanapalle to Kadiri route. I had to drive through a 100m long , water logged stretch, with about 1.5 foot water. Not sure if this has caused some water ingress
  • I browsed through other threads trying to find a similar situation, but have not found one
  • Any similar behavior experienced ,kindly share inputs. This forum members would know without me mentioning, that this is the very widely used Fiat "National Engine". Or could this be a transmission related issue, given I feel the behavior happened post-downshifts
  • Should I just give up recreating the scenario and take it to the nearby ASS (ABT Maruti Sholinganallur)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks