Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2008, 00:33   #76
BHPian

Wow ghost! This is solid gold!! Downloaded it and have been immersed for the last 1 hr...just fantastic.

Thank u!!!
Old 18th March 2008, 10:24   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385 View Post
Hey guys,
I am putting up the link in this post. It's taken a lot of time and effort on my part to do all the necessary research so hope you guys find it informative enough...give me your inputs!
Great article, ghostrider !
Lot of effort has gone into this. Thanks for sharing.

Regards
Rex
Old 18th March 2008, 17:19   #78

thanks for sharing!
Old 20th March 2008, 18:30   #79
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Technocrat : 20th March 2008 at 18:44.
Old 21st March 2008, 19:49   #80
BHPian

I have one query - what is the difference between a four wheel drift and a normal two -wheel drift part from the fact that the four wheel drift can only be done in AWD cars. Can AWD cars also do other types of drifts apart from the four wheel drfts.
Old 22nd March 2008, 07:20   #81
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
I have one query - what is the difference between a four wheel drift and a normal two -wheel drift part from the fact that the four wheel drift can only be done in AWD cars. Can AWD cars also do other types of drifts apart from the four wheel drfts.
Hi Revvedup,

A four wheel drift would require all four wheels to break traction (therefore you need an AWD)
A two wheel drift requires only two wheels (usually the rear/driven wheels) to break traction.

For a simpler comparison, lets say 4-wheel drifts are more commonly seen in drit/snow rally stages where the whole car is going sideways, and 2-wheel drifts are seen in the typical drift competitions where it appears like the tail is pivoting around the front wheels which have more traction.

AWD cars can do other types of drifts as well, depending on the (sometimes manually adjustable) power/torque split between front and rear wheels, techniques of weight transfer etc...

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 22nd March 2008 at 07:22.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2008, 23:16   #82
BHPian

Ecellent stuff, I particularly like the cornering article as that is what I enjoy the most be it a bike or a car.
Old 13th October 2009, 08:57   #83
BHPian

i'm novice to car riding.. but i defly enjoy the drift action in movies - bought a original Tokyo Drift DVD for the pleasure of viewing it at my time.

Now, i'm not sure when i'll do it on my own.. but sure its so kicking to read the action.

May be one day..

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2009, 18:16   #84
BHPian

HI Ghostrider ,

Would you be able to please get me an article on how to do wheeling - i mean lifting the front wheels when starting in car's and jeep's please .

Propeller
Old 29th January 2010, 01:19   #85
Senior - BHPian

@ghostrider: that is one helluva manual mate! thanks a million for putting up for us! i'm gonna apply those things in NFS Pro Street and Shift (coz i can't race on the streets)
Old 13th February 2023, 13:02   #86

Re: The Manual On Extreme Driving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hi Revvedup,

A four wheel drift would require all four wheels to break traction (therefore you need an AWD)
A two wheel drift requires only two wheels (usually the rear/driven wheels) to break traction.

For a simpler comparison, lets say 4-wheel drifts are more commonly seen in drit/snow rally stages where the whole car is going sideways, and 2-wheel drifts are seen in the typical drift competitions where it appears like the tail is pivoting around the front wheels which have more traction.

AWD cars can do other types of drifts as well, depending on the (sometimes manually adjustable) power/torque split between front and rear wheels, techniques of weight transfer etc...

cya
R
Hey Rehaan, I understand this is an old post but I just wanted to politely convey that it is very possible to pull four-wheel drifts in rear wheel drive machines. Downhill touge racers often use four wheel drifts to cut through tight hairpins and bends. It is not essential or a need for one to have an AWD car to pull these pleasant moves!

Most Viewed