Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2018, 17:18   #601
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

After 50k kms and replacing the front and rear suspensions of my duster AWD under warranty twice, finally installed the RogerABs .
I had a theory of my own when it came to premature leakage of dusters hydraulic dampners. Every time after my trip from Himalaya I realised during the trip that the dampners are hitting their hard limit. Now it could be the hydraulic chambers didn't have sufficient headroom to accomodate the compressed fluid at the hard limit of the suspension and thus broke the oil seal and leaked. There was sufficient oil seeping after every trip to the hills.
What I plan to achieve with the buffers is to stop the dampners from hitting their hard limit ,maybe prolong the life a bit. I might be wrong and will get to know by end of this year. Other things I have noticed is that the awd maintains a better line at corners , oversteer has been reduced. Dusters GC remains same but height has increased by 1.3incjes .City drive has been affected positively but the humps let you know that they are there.
Many duster awd owners had suggested the use of buffers but i kept aloof due to the claims made by the owners and the company.
Price was 7500 including shipping and install.
I went for the Rogerab DUO variant , pictures will explain why.
http://rogermotors.com/product/rogerab/

Packing
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20180702_165558.jpg

After installation
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20180702_191126.jpg

Before
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20180702_162151.jpg

After
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20180702_174248.jpg
ARAY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 08:59   #602
BHPian

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?

Searched the thread, but could not find any reference to someone having installed this in a Liva.

The stock suspension is very much like marshmallows, after a two year old has had a go at roasting them at the hearth. More so if you have a full load of passengers riding in the back.

Has anyone had a go at having these excellent little twisties installed in a Liva? I am quite keen about figuring out the size that will fit for the coils.

Help!
Old 26th November 2018, 09:55   #603
BHPian

Hello Civic owners,

What would you recommend between Rogerab Duo and Indisuspension? Not able to decide between these two.

KK
Old 30th November 2018, 16:23   #604
BHPian

Anyone aware of New Tech Ground Clearance Kit.

I also happened to speak with the manufacturer based out of Gujarat and he says he is using it on rear on his two Civic cars which has done more than a lakh Kms.

This particular products sits above the coil Spring and actually increases the ground clearance and I guess also makes the suspension a bit stiff along.

Below are the links of product and installation video.

https://www.amazon.in/HONDA-CIVIC-Gr.../dp/B07HXK4R95

As the owner mentioned this is installed only on the rear springs and not on the front.

KK
Old 3rd January 2020, 09:35   #605
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone done a comparison of Autorunner and Rogerab on the same vehicle? What's the difference? Is Autorunner still available? I had them on my i10. That plus the wheel upsize made a huge difference to the ride.
Old 5th July 2020, 13:34   #606

Raise suspension on a Maruti Ciaz

Quote:
Mod note: Please use Search before opening new thread, similar thread exits. Also please leave paragraph breaks, will help with readability. Thanks.

Vehicle: 2016 Maruti Ciaz Zxi, 61K kms, oroiginal tyre’s on allow wheels

Requirement: Modify the vehicle to handle rural roads, including gravel roads.

Me: I have quit my job with a management consultancy in Gurugram and now work with tribals In Schedule 5 areas.

Not all roads are in good condition. Most roads are black top or gravel roads. I like to drive myself and don’t want to use official vehicle and driver. Don’t drive on unpacked roads.
Apart from spacers on suspension, what else can I do to raise the car? Is it possible to raise it a lot, rally car style?

I still want to be able to carry a full load of three guests.

Handling is not an issue as it is all low speed driving. Max will be 45-40 in tourist areas/valleys.

Any help, guidance including shops/mechanics in the state of AP really appreciated.

Thanks very much,
Sanjay

P.s. did I mention I love driving. �� Drove this car from Gurugram to Vijaywada in 2 days flat. Have done the US east coast (Philadelphia) to west coast and back; By car and motorcycle.

Last edited by Jaggu : 5th July 2020 at 14:45. Reason: Post edited for readability.
Old 12th July 2020, 09:33   #607

Re: Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspensio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishgator View Post
I picked up a pair of "Superior Donut coil spring adjusters" during my last visit to the US in Jan 2013, I was lethargic to install for a few months. But the frequent scraping made up my mind and I got them installed (DIY) for the rear springs in May 2013.
The car is still running, albeit with a new set of tyres, and have upgraded to fat tyres for the rear, no problems whatsoever for last 7 years with suspension, coils, tyres, handling, mileage etc

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 12th July 2020 at 10:06. Reason: quote content trimmed
kishgator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 13:44   #608
BHPian

I have a 2017 model honda crv 4x4 AT. i find the suspension is quite firm at low speeds and transmits hard jerks on ruts and pot holes and its too soft for highways and the car rolls during cornering and overtaking. Its still much better than other suvs in this segment.
What can i do to make the suspension softer at low speeds and prevent body roll at high speeds.
Old 19th December 2020, 07:30   #609
BHPian

Just got RogerAbs installed on my Ciaz ZDI+ variant.
The point of putting it here is that it's available at a discount right now. Even though the site still quotes 7800 or so, speak to their customer care on whatsapp and they will share the updated discounted payment link.
4 pieces costed me 5300 + 500 for installation.

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20201217_131446.jpg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-img_20201217_131906.jpg

Last edited by ptaneja : 19th December 2020 at 07:32.
ptaneja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 11:59   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Just got RogerAbs installed on my Ciaz ZDI+ variant.
Is there any positive/noticeable change that you have experienced after fitting them? Have you driven the car with full load of passengers and luggage after installation?
Old 27th January 2021, 09:46   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam264_2000 View Post
Is there any positive/noticeable change that you have experienced after fitting them? Have you driven the car with full load of passengers and luggage after installation?
Yes, took a long 1000kms travel recently, 3 adults + 1 dog
Boot was also full of luggage. The car did not scraped around, no underbelly thuds heard.
Cant say about high speed stability and difference - drives and behaves as it was before.
ptaneja is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2021, 12:51   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Anyone aware of New Tech Ground Clearance Kit.

As the owner mentioned this is installed only on the rear springs and not on the front.

KK
I have this on my 2010 Civic VMT (on 205/65/R15 Yokohama Earths) since last 4 months and it has definitely made and difference. Its quite simple, a rubber disc which sits on top of your rear springs. I have used the car for few long trips already including a Konkan trip where lot of road work is in progress and I am happy that car did not scrape anywhere. I also have Roger AB (replaced those along with the Newtech installation - the earlier one installed in 2013 were cracked). The car is definitely stiffer and it has the issues you get with stiff suspension. However, on balance I am happy with the change and on one of the roads from Nagpur, I was easily able to overtake an XUV on a very bad road!
Attached Thumbnails
Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-rear-suspension-disc-4.jpeg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-rear-suspension-disc-3.jpeg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-rear-suspension-disc-2.jpeg  

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-rear-suspension-disc-1.jpeg  

Meer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 19:15   #613
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend anyone who is contemplating on using Rogerab to stay away, since this is the state of the ones installed in my car after about 3-4 years and 40k kms of usage. The car has had very light use and has had full load very occasionally.

They just crumble and fall off, like a piece of cake!

Tried letting the company know that this is the quality of their product, to which they mentioned that this is expected as both the warranty and shelf life of these buffers are two years only. I find this as an expensive proposition for two years of shelf life.

I did get a follow up call which offered me 50% off on my next order, I politely let it pass.

I would go for a stiffer aftermarket strut/or struts from the diesel variant which would cost more or less the same (for the rear) and provide the same or better benefit.

Pictures below for view.

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-947e2e0b1e4b414f9583579dac0708b9.jpeg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-3a53a64094104ccc93cca3b936db1ea9.jpeg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-f695c9318c89425e828f19fb655ccc00.jpeg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-b6dc8980d09044459f906c248dd59d6a.jpeg

Coil Spring Adjusters : VFM Fix for the Honda Civic's (lousy) soft rear suspension?-a7a6b4b73d204ba98b98f718480ffa8a.jpeg
DRIV3R is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 15:51   #614
Senior - BHPian

I got my set for the Civic in Jan but got to install them only yesterday. Sad part is that I thought all 4 pieces were of the same size but only at the local garage did I find out that there were two pairs of different sizes. It was not possible to fit the bigger ones on any of the springs. I did call up the technical team of RogerAb who told me that the smaller ones went in the front and the bigger ones at the rear. Not sure what went wrong. Finally got only the smaller pair fixed on the rear springs and carried the bigger pair home.

Have driven about 20 kms today and I can say that the ride quality is definitely stiffer than before and the overall car feels a tad higher than before. Havent gone over any major bumps or with passengers to comment on any bottom scraping. Need to see how these hold up in the long run. I am already having shivers seeing the pics from the previous post.
Old 29th May 2021, 20:18   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Its useless for SUV's. It only provides ground clearance so you dont need it on your Scorpio. I am using Rogerab on my XUV and haven't found time to remove them.
Randomly scrolling through this, didn't know you were a user at one point of time too.

How much did it cost you?
Are you still running them? or was this white walkers elder brother, old Xuv?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks