Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2011, 15:26   #16
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Hi Wildon,

At launch, the i20 Magna used to come with only a AUX in port, unlike the Asta, which had AUX+USB. Is it possible to install the AUX+USB socket to Magna? If yes, do you also know the part numbers of parts required to do so?

Thanks.
Old 4th April 2011, 21:47   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Hi Wildon,

At launch, the i20 Magna used to come with only a AUX in port, unlike the Asta, which had AUX+USB. Is it possible to install the AUX+USB socket to Magna? If yes, do you also know the part numbers of parts required to do so?

Thanks.
Its possible to retrofit the AUX+USB. Ask the dealer for the necessary part with wiring loom. Also listing here the complete part list of Hyundai i20.
wildon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2011, 14:48   #18
BHPian

Thanks a ton for this Wildon. I've fitted the glove box lamp in my car. I also had the autolock done. They tried to charge me for the auto lock under 'Hi-Scan Charges' @ Rs. 250 ! I refused to pay saying that this feature was supposed to be the default mode of the car and it was not on mine. The removed it after I acted tough - also the car is still in it's first year.

Am trying to get good carpet mats and a good steering cover for the car now. After that it'd be door sills.
Old 12th April 2011, 15:12   #19
BHPian

Hello Wildon, Are you aware of any tips and tricks for the i10 ?
Old 18th April 2011, 20:59   #20
BHPian

Nice and organized information. I have followed your previous posts and good that you have compiled all your learnings. Big thanks for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Sorry ORVM's doesn't close automatically when removing the keys.
I always wished Hyundai had this feature linked to the speed. When the ignition key is pulled out, doors unlock and the ORVMs fold in. When the vehicle is moving, after crossing 10kmph, the doors lock and ORVMs fold out

Yes, I am hinting to drive-by-wire concept to be available in mid segment cars as well. It will be to everybody's delight that with the same ECU or on-board micro-controller, just upgrade the firmware and get some exciting new features.

Anyways, what I wanted to ask, is there any way we can get HU to display the fuel efficiency values? You will be aware, Hyundai i20 has this features in the variants available in Europe. So I guess, if the same ECU is being used as a standard across all the variants, there might be some switch combination to enable this.
Old 20th April 2011, 22:05   #21

Thanx Wildon for such an informative thread. I recently got my i20 delivered and will be creating a new thread shortly.

Also I would like to inform all the i20 owners that the new i20 has now bluetooth phone connect integrated on the stereo and the has steering mounted controls for the same.
Maybe you can look into that and give us some tips and tricks for it.
Old 20th April 2011, 23:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon'l View Post
... all the i20 owners that the new i20 has now bluetooth phone connect integrated on the stereo and the has steering mounted controls for the same.

Wow! Thats really cool and one of the most awaited features in i20. Now the question is, how to activate the same in previous versions? Will there be a HCU upgrade or something for the existing owners?
Old 21st April 2011, 14:26   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Wow! Thats really cool and one of the most awaited features in i20. Now the question is, how to activate the same in previous versions? Will there be a HCU upgrade or something for the existing owners?
I think you will have to change the ICE unit as the bluetooth may be inbuilt in it. Also the steering controls will have to be replaced completely as the layout is totally different.

Here is the pic of the new steering controls :
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-steering.jpg  

mon'l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 23:27   #24

I was just fooling around with the bluetooth connection of the car when I suddenly decided to play some music on my cellphone and see if it is streamed to the bluetooth. But to my disappointment the sound only came from my cellphone speakers.
But after that I accidently presed the AUX button and BOOM!!! The sound was now coming from the car speakers.

Here is the message displayed on the screen when song is played through bluetooth :
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-bt-song-play.jpg

Here is the message displayed during incoming call (the caller name is also displayed) :
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-incoming-call.jpg
mon'l is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:01   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I was just fooling around with the bluetooth connection of the car when I suddenly decided to play some music on my cellphone and see if it is streamed to the bluetooth. But to my disappointment the sound only came from my cellphone speakers.
But after that I accidently presed the AUX button and BOOM!!! The sound was now coming from the car speakers.
damn!!
i'm jealous of you...
the first thing i am going to do is to check with the dealer if I can get the replacement of ICE. btw, which variant you have? Asta or Sportz? Is bluetooth available in Sportz variant as well?
Old 22nd April 2011, 00:19   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn_i20 View Post
damn!!
i'm jealous of you...
the first thing i am going to do is to check with the dealer if I can get the replacement of ICE. btw, which variant you have? Asta or Sportz? Is bluetooth available in Sportz variant as well?
This feature is standard in Sportz and Asta. I have Sportz CRDi.
And all the best for the ICE replacement. Do keep us updated on the same.
Old 22nd April 2011, 11:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

The i20 sure was loaded to the brim.
And hyundai is not stopping there. They keep adding more and more.
Fantastic!
The bluetooth feature set too is fully loaded with streaming and caller name functions.
Old 25th April 2011, 16:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn_i20 View Post
damn!!
i'm jealous of you...

unicorn_i20: Did you get a chance to find out if its possible to replace the ICE in older versions? I am also keen on doing it.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:13   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
unicorn_i20: Did you get a chance to find out if its possible to replace the ICE in older versions? I am also keen on doing it.
I spoke to the SE whom I was interacting with during the car purchase. What he said is the new i20 is around Rs. 20k more than the current and if I want the new ICE, I will have to bear this cost!!! Alternately, he suggested me to buy a bluetooth kit for Rs. 8k that will make current ICE function exactly as the new ICE. I will be going to their showroom to grab more details on this weekend, if time permits.

I shall keep you updated.
unicorn_i20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2011, 02:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hey Wildon and others !! Kill me for this but can you please tell me if there are any side effects of these tricks. Eg. AC diagnosis. Can anything stupid happen? I am a total dumbo in all these things and I will be taking the delivery of my i20 in a few days time. So please help.

Quote:
This is exactly what i wanted to know that if we could play music through bluetooth. Thanks alot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks