Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 13:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

I've a 5 years old i20 Asta Petrol which has clocked over 87k on the Odo. About an year ago, I had the Steering mounted Audio Controls acting weird and eventually they stopped working altogether soon. I enquired from a Local Audio guy for the fix and he reverted in negative since he never undertook this kind of a job. A week ago, my horn refused to blow and upon checking with the Accessories shop, he told me that the Steering needs to be opened and shall cost something about Rs. 1,500. Since this very model has Airbags I headed to Hans Hyundai Service Centre and conveyed my issue to the SA there.

They changed the Clockspring behind the Steering wheel which acts as an Electrical Signals Link and both Horn & Steering Mounted Audio Controls started working. Total Cost was Rs. 2054 which also included Wiper Blade Rubber (Rear).

I suppose the Steering Controls issue is a common problem hence posting here for the benefit of members at large!
tsk13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 00:13   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Wildon, if you are looking at this, the version of my HU firmware is,

VER M08 S69 D27.

So S69 is what it is. Do I need to get the HU changed? How? where do I go for it? etc.

Appreciate your time on this.

Thanks,
Shubz
Nice. BTW I am confused about the colour of your MID screen. I guess its blue everywhere. Saw an orange one for the first time. Is it a feature, to change the screen colour to blue ?
Old 19th September 2014, 11:39   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
.... which also included Wiper Blade Rubber (Rear).
Can one purchase just the rubber inserts for the wiper blades instead of the complete replacement of the wiper? How much did this cost you?
Old 19th September 2014, 12:28   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama View Post
Attachment 1252688

the second concern is with the procedure the sa is proposing. does he really need to remove the rear quarter panel? there are scratches and some rusting . i have attached a photo of the quarter panel for reference.

the third concern is cost. the cost quoted for replacement of quarter panel is 15k approx. with insurance i pay approx 5k and lose no claim bonus.

do let me know your thoughts
thanks
gaurav
This is ridiculous. Why do they need to cut the quarter panel to repair and paint a dent? My suggestion would be to look at the TBHP directory for some recommended dent and paint shops near your place and go to them, I am guessing a price of around 6k, considering the color of the car.
Old 22nd October 2014, 12:10   #125
BHPian

My nearest Hyundai A.S.C guys said that the 40kmph auto door locking feature is not available in i20. They said that it is a feature in the after-market security systems, but not in the stock one. I'm very sad.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:08   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
Nice. BTW I am confused about the colour of your MID screen. I guess its blue everywhere. Saw an orange one for the first time. Is it a feature, to change the screen colour to blue ?
The original i20 in 2008-2009 had orange MID screens. An update (2010 or 2011, not sure which) had them change it to blue.

My 2009 i20 has the orange backlighting and IMO it looks better.
Old 10th November 2014, 20:08   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadiyar View Post
The original i20 in 2008-2009 had orange MID screens. An update (2010 or 2011, not sure which) had them change it to blue.

My 2009 i20 has the orange backlighting and IMO it looks better.
Okay. That's the reason I have a blue backlit MID as mine is a 2014 model. And yes, I really like the orange one better and was really excited to know about it!
Kappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2015, 11:30   #128
BHPian

Hi,

Faced an issue with my i20 Asta CRDI (Sep 2012) today morning. Despite pressing the unlock buttons on the remote key, as well as the ones on the car - she did not open. I tried to open the boot and that did not work either.

After a couple of tries more, the car unlocked and I was able to drive to office.

What could be the reason for this? low battery in the remote key?
Old 24th May 2015, 15:37   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post

They changed the Clockspring behind the Steering wheel which acts as an Electrical Signals Link and both Horn & Steering Mounted Audio Controls started working. Total Cost was Rs. 2054 which also included Wiper Blade Rubber (Rear).

I suppose the Steering Controls issue is a common problem hence posting here for the benefit of members at large!
I have been trying (in vain) to figure out the issue with my horn for about 6 months. I wasted money replacing the horn, and then the wiring, before suspecting a steering wheel level issue - which you have now explained and confirmed. Seriously, thanks a lot for posting this !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
Has anybody gotten a software upgrade on their i20 Diesel, I have a June 12, i20 Crdi and I heard that their is a upgrade available for the uphill acceleration for the diesel variants.
Upon connecting the G-Scan, I did see 2 upgrades, but the service center guys apparently didn't have a password required to complete the upgrade.

Has anyone ever got a upgrade done through the G-scan, if yes can you please narrate the process?
I have a 2011 Asta (petrol) .. wonder if there is an official update than can be flashed to the ECU ?? Can anyone comment on this ?

Meanwhile UD Motorx in Delhi is offering these results with their custom ECU flash ...

Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-1.png

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2015 at 17:25. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 25th May 2015, 14:26   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post
I have a 2011 Asta (petrol) .. wonder if there is an official update than can be flashed to the ECU ?? Can anyone comment on this ?

Meanwhile UD Motorx in Delhi is offering these results with their custom ECU flash ...

Attachment 1374185
I'm not sure if there is an update available for the Petrol variants!!

Can you imagine this! Code 6, the hottest diesel tuning house in town is a stone's throw away from my house and I haven't yet got my car remapped!!
All thanks to the extended warranty!

Im waiting, the day the warranty is over, I will get my own customized remap!!
ssjr0498 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 16:13   #131
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reihem View Post

Attachment 1374185
It looks like that table is meant for the European i20.

The i20 never had a 71 bhp 1.2 petrol or a 74 bhp 1.4 diesel option in India.

The 1.2 Kappa dual VTVT found on the facelifted (previous gen.) i20 has an output of 83 bhp and 115 Nm in stock form itself. Even the pre-facelift 1.2 Kappa (without VTVT) has an output of 79 bhp in stock form.

Only the third map (meant for the 89 bhp 1.4 diesel) would be applicable for the Indian i20.

Last edited by RSR : 25th May 2015 at 16:19.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 21:12   #132
BHPian

Re: i20 Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
5. Rheostat Ilumination Control - Add-on

Rheostat Ilumination Control is to control the illumination brightness of the Dash board lightings. Very useful in night driving. To get this you need to order the Rheostat Ilumination Control - Part Number: 94950-1J0009P.

Its plug and play ( i.e connection wires , socket everything is present in the car, you just need to buy this item and attach it to the socket)

Cost: Rs.579.00
Sorry to bring this back up since i came across this thread recently.
Can anyone help with the part number for the rheostat switch in beige color? I asked the SA and he said the above mentioned part number is for the black color and i checked the parts list provided further down the thread-it mentioned a blanking plate assy-rheostat.

Also i felt the area where the glove box lamp goes. There seems to be no socket and wires but only a cut out in the plastic where the lamp sits.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!!
Old 8th June 2015, 15:45   #133
BHPian

Yesterday I noticed a small crack of some 1 cm on the lens of the headlight of my i20. Any suggestions on how it can be fixed long term considering they get hot when on.
Old 8th June 2015, 17:00   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: i20 Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbheda View Post
Sorry to bring this back up since i came across this thread recently.
Can anyone help with the part number for the rheostat switch in beige color? I asked the SA and he said the above mentioned part number is for the black color and i checked the parts list provided further down the thread-it mentioned a blanking plate assy-rheostat.

Also i felt the area where the glove box lamp goes. There seems to be no socket and wires but only a cut out in the plastic where the lamp sits.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!!
Ask the part number for the Santa Fe or Verna rheostat switch. They will be of beige. else just ask whether the part is available in beige color or not

The socket and wires are taped above the glove box to prevent rattling. The glove box has to be removed to access the wiring harness
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 17:46   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappa View Post
My nearest Hyundai A.S.C guys said that the 40kmph auto door locking feature is not available in i20. They said that it is a feature in the after-market security systems, but not in the stock one. I'm very sad.
It is not available in the Verna 1.6 CRDI SX either. Aparantly only available in the SXO.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks