Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2011, 20:37   #31
BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I've fitted the glove box lamp in my car.
Hey which model do you have?I own a sportz. During my 1st service, when I had asked the service asst. about the glove box lamp, he had mentioned fitting a glove box lamp is possible only for Asta model.
Old 26th April 2011, 22:09   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post
Hey which model do you have?I own a sportz. During my 1st service, when I had asked the service asst. about the glove box lamp, he had mentioned fitting a glove box lamp is possible only for Asta model.
No,you can fit the glove box lamp in all the i20 models.Its just plug and play thing.Ask another SA or HASS.
Old 27th April 2011, 10:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Is it possible to install the AUX+USB socket to Magna? If yes, do you also know the part numbers of parts required to do so?

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its possible to retrofit the AUX+USB. .
Has anybody got their Magna fitted with AUX+USB ?
If yes please share the installtion procedure + pics if possible.
My friend is planning to install the same in his I20 Magna
Old 18th May 2011, 15:13   #34
BHPian

Hey,

After enabling the RDS (Nov, '10 Model Crdi) I find that the radio keeps getting interrupted almost every 45 seconds with a "TP Search" I have turned off Alternate Frequency and News, but still get this every 45 seconds. What exactly is it, and how does one turn it off?

Thanks
Old 30th May 2011, 08:13   #35
BHPian

Re: i20 Tips & Tricks

Quote:
4. Enabling RDS (Radio Data System)

i. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

ii. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29 (or higher), immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

iii. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

iv. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.
I could not get the RDS enabled, with the above steps, it's showing only India_BT as the region, and no option to change it.

BTW, mine is a 2011, Asta diesel with bluetooth.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn_i20 View Post
I spoke to the SE whom I was interacting with during the car purchase. What he said is the new i20 is around Rs. 20k more than the current and if I want the new ICE, I will have to bear this cost!!! Alternately, he suggested me to buy a bluetooth kit for Rs. 8k that will make current ICE function exactly as the new ICE. I will be going to their showroom to grab more details on this weekend, if time permits.

I shall keep you updated.
Buddy!

Did you get a chance to talk to the SE, I have a Sep '10 Asta CRDi, I am badly tempted to fit this feature in my car.

Please post the details if you get lucky.

Cheers!

Asif
Old 7th July 2011, 18:20   #37
BHPian

Very good thread. In fact we need such dedicated threads for all the modern cars. Most of us either will not read the owners manual completely or all the features are not mentioned in the owners manual. Most of the times the sales persons and the service personell will not have complete idea about all the features and add ons.

Next time i go for service i will definitely get the glove box lamp and illumination controller installed. I would have never been able to do that without this thread.

Thanks a lot.
Old 7th July 2011, 18:30   #38
BANNED

What about the DTE feature in Hyundai i20 .
But its going to cost you a BOMB

A UK based Hyundai parts supplier given a quote for this MID hardware and its £1065.15 (75,659.18 INR). Also they offer a discount of 5%-15% on the given price.
Old 17th July 2011, 22:54   #39
BANNED

Here is the i20 Climate Control Air Filter removal procedure. Its also mentioned in the owners manual under maintenance section.

Air Filter Location

Pull this up to remove the cap

Here are the two filters, remove the bottom filter(filter 2) first, then the filter 1 will come down so that you can remove that too.

Filter

The Closing Cap

Last edited by wildon : 17th July 2011 at 22:55.
wildon is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th July 2011, 14:51   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Wildon

The HASS people never clean this filter during service.The first time i opened it was after 8 months of purchase and boy there was so much muck in it.

The filter can be cleaned with warm soap water.Be carful while cleaning it as its pretty delicate and you can tear it if more pressure is applied during cleaning.And the two filters can be inter changable used,ie,no rule that filter 1 must be at bottom and filter 2 at top.It wont make any difference.A clean air filter makes a lot of difference to the AC cooling in i20.The air smells fresh!!

Last edited by GTO : 19th July 2011 at 20:03. Reason: You really do NOT need to quote all the images in your reply
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 15:13   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Buddy!

Did you get a chance to talk to the SE, I have a Sep '10 Asta CRDi, I am badly tempted to fit this feature in my car.

Please post the details if you get lucky.

Cheers!

Asif
Hey guys...
Even I am badly waiting for some alternative to put bluetooth in my i20 Sportz. Is there any way.. Like manually fitting the buttons in the old steering wheel or by adding the bluetooth module to the existing HU.
Old 6th August 2011, 13:46   #42
BHPian

Re: i20 Tips & Tricks

Quote:
3. Firmware version check for HU (Head Unit/ Stereo)

Here are the button combination for displaying this text ( Press one by one but immediately)

Press and Hold 1FF, then 6

if the version shows in MID is VER M58 S71 D29 or higher then you HU is a good one

if the version shows in MID is VER M08 S69 D18 ( important to look for S69) then your HU have some issues like

1. HU automatically switches OFF while running
2. HU fuse pops up when you press Eject button while ignition is at OFF position.

You can get a free replacement of HU from Hyundai if you found your version as S69
Thanks for the tips and tricks wildon (tried all except auto door lock/unlock) but the version of my HU is VER M26 S17 D67. What should I do now? Suggest.

Here's the image I took:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-photo0007.gif  

Old 6th August 2011, 20:09   #43
BHPian

Today I got the rheostat illumination control and glove box light fixed in my i20 Asta. It hardly took a minute for them to fix as the wiring was already there.. bill came to Rs.630 all inclusive.

Thanks Wildon for such awesome tips!
Old 6th August 2011, 21:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Today I got the rheostat illumination control and glove box light fixed in my i20 Asta. It hardly took a minute for them to fix as the wiring was already there.. bill came to Rs.630 all inclusive.

@ aa_asif: What is the cost of fitting the glove box lamp alone? (lamp cost + labour?)

Can I get it fitted in my i20 Magna (August 2010 model)?

It is said that the wiring is present already, but tried to locate it with my fingers in the empty slot but I didn't find nor felt any wiring.
Old 6th August 2011, 23:19   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 5 View Post
the version of my HU is VER M26 S17 D67. What should I do now?
Nothing you should do as your's is a updated firmware version. Firmware versions do changes for making improvements.

Quote:
Thank you.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks