Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:53   #1
BANNED

Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Many of us doesn't know the full features or our car as its either not provided in stock vehicle or kept as hidden. Some can be activated/added without extra cost and some with additional cost.
Name:  Hyundaii203.jpg
Views: 124859
Size:  86.7 KB

Here are some features of i20 which you can add in your car with or without additional cost.

1.Auto Door lock at 40kmph - You can activate this feature from the Authorized Service Center.

The central locking enables when you cross the speed of 40 kmph. Also in a scenario if you forgot to lock the car manually with the remote key after parking it - the doors gets locked with in 30 sec.

2.Auto Door Unlock - You can activate this feature from the Authorized Service Center.

The central locking disables when you take out the key from the keyhole making the exit easy as no need to manually unlock the doors.
wildon is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:59   #2
BANNED

Re: i20 Tips & Tricks

3. Firmware version check for HU (Head Unit/ Stereo)

Here are the button combination for displaying this text ( Press one by one but immediately)

Press and Hold 1FF, then 6

if the version shows in MID is VER M58 S71 D29 or higher then you HU is a good one

if the version shows in MID is VER M08 S69 D18 ( important to look for S69) then your HU have some issues like

1. HU automatically switches OFF while running
2. HU fuse pops up when you press Eject button while ignition is at OFF position.

You can get a free replacement of HU from Hyundai if you found your version as S69
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:25   #3
BANNED

4. Enabling RDS (Radio Data System)

Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-dsc06897-small.jpg
Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks-dsc06896-small.jpg
Quote:
Radio Data System, or RDS, is a communications protocol standard for embedding small amounts of digital information in conventional FM radio broadcasts. RDS standardises several types of information transmitted, including time, station identification and programme information. - Wikipedia
i. Press and hold 1FF and then immediately press 4, release both the fingers ,then press 1FF Four times as fast as you can.

ii. Now you can see the display in MID as VER M58 S71 D29 (or higher), immediately press button 6 so you can see your present region as General in MID.

iii. Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe to change the region to Europe and Press/Push the Knob, now you can see the display as area changed.

iv. Switch ON the HU by Press/push the Power Button and press the SETUP button, Rotate the File/Enter/Tune knobe and enable the features you want and press/push the knob to store the settings.

Last edited by wildon : 2nd April 2011 at 11:28.
wildon is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:40   #4
BANNED

5. Rheostat Ilumination Control - Add-on

Rheostat Ilumination Control is to control the illumination brightness of the Dash board lightings. Very useful in night driving. To get this you need to order the Rheostat Ilumination Control - Part Number: 94950-1J0009P.

Its plug and play ( i.e connection wires , socket everything is present in the car, you just need to buy this item and attach it to the socket)

Cost: Rs.579.00
wildon is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 11:53   #5
BANNED

6. F.A.T.C (Fully Automatic Temperature Control) Self Diagnostic

If you have FATC (fully automatic Temperature Control) equipped in your i20 , you can run a self-diagnostic to make sure the components related to it working properly.

To get into the self diagnosis mode

1. Put the key into the ignition hole
2. Turn the key into ON position so the dashboard lights illuminates (No starting of engine)
3. Press and hold the OFF button, then press the MODE button more than 4 times within 2seconds
4. The you can see the Display unit of a/c illuminates like in the video and display codes starts blinking.
5. Now the diagnosis starts
6. press the A/C button to proceed to next step
7. after completion it will come into the original condition
8. Incase if you wants to quit anytime press OFF button

Here are the other codes which will display if any of the component related to F.A.T.C malfunctions.

00 = Normal
11 = In-car temparature sensor open
12 = In-car temparature sensor short
13 = Ambient temparature sensor open
14 = Ambient temparature sensor short
17 = Evaporator temparature sensor open
18 = Evaporator temparature sensor short
19 = Temparature control actuator feed back open
20 = Temparature control actuatore failure
21 = Mode Control actuator open
21 = Mode control actuator short
22 = Mode control actuator failure
25 = Intake potentiometer open
25 = Intake potentiometer short
26 = Intake potentiometer failure
wildon is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:11   #6
BANNED

7.Airconditioner Temperature Unit Conversion

Turn the key ON (Till the dash board lights illuminates)

Press and Hold OFF Button then Auto Button , the display changes from °C to °F. Repeat the same to Change back to °C.
wildon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 12:19   #7
BANNED

8.Glove Box Illumination

This was badly missing in i20 and there was no light provided in the Glove Box. To add this you need to purchase Lamp Assy- Glove Box, Part No. 92630-1J000. Its Plug and Play so NO alternation/additions required.

note: Park light should be ON to make the Glove box lamp to work

Cost: Rs.118.00

Last edited by wildon : 2nd April 2011 at 12:21.
wildon is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:27   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Very interesting and informative. Why no mention is made of these features by manufacturers?
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

That's really neat. If you come by any tips and tricks for the civic would love to know of them. The i20 sure has a lot of features. and now you have unlocked some more.

OT : Thanks for the VIN guide for Honda's, helped in confirming the build date of our civic
Old 2nd April 2011, 15:57   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai i20 - Tips & Tricks

Quite informative. Thanks Wildon.
Any idea if the Rheostat illumination control is possible in Getz ?
Old 2nd April 2011, 20:07   #11
BHPian

Any tricks for the steering

Great features. However many of the team bhp owners of the i 20 have complained of issues with the steering. Do you have any tricks for the same.

Even if there are no "tricks" can you suggest remedial measures. It will of great help to some of my friends who are plagued by the very same problem.
Old 3rd April 2011, 19:50   #12
BHPian

Ahh finally, your thread is here! Thanks for bringing this up. And yes, as usual, some excellent tips & tricks there.

One question. Are you aware of a feature where, after you get out of the car and close all the doors, it locks automatically after 10sec or so? I checked with HASS during my first service but they didnt know anything of it.

Pls keep posting and keep the thread alive. Drive safe.
Old 3rd April 2011, 20:12   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Ahh finally, your thread is here! Thanks for bringing this up. And yes, as usual, some excellent tips & tricks there.

One question. Are you aware of a feature where, after you get out of the car and close all the doors, it locks automatically after 10sec or so? I checked with HASS during my first service but they didnt know anything of it.

+1 to that.Even i asked the A.S.S about this and they dont have any clue.Also read somewhere that after removing the key from the ignition the ORVM's automatically close.Dont know if this is possible or not!
Old 4th April 2011, 09:18   #14
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
That's really neat. If you come by any tips and tricks for the civic would love to know of them. The i20 sure has a lot of features. and now you have unlocked some more.

OT : Thanks for the VIN guide for Honda's, helped in confirming the build date of our civic
Never owned a Honda till now, so didn't got any chance to explore it. Glad to know that the VIN Guide helped you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Quite informative. Thanks Wildon.
Any idea if the Rheostat illumination control is possible in Getz ?
Check the dummy ports near the headlamp leveler. If you can find the socket with wire then its possible to retrofit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gautam Misra View Post
Great features. However many of the team bhp owners of the i 20 have complained of issues with the steering. Do you have any tricks for the same.

Even if there are no "tricks" can you suggest remedial measures. It will of great help to some of my friends who are plagued by the very same problem.
Well i don't have any tricks for the same. The Hyundai 'trick' is posted here

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post

The central locking automatically enables after 30 sec in case you forgot to lock it with the key fob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
+1 to that.Even i asked the A.S.S about this and they dont have any clue.Also read somewhere that after removing the key from the ignition the ORVM's automatically close.Dont know if this is possible or not!
Sorry ORVM's doesn't close automatically when removing the keys.
wildon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2011, 14:37   #15
BHPian

i have many saying that there is no steering lock!...So, just want to tip you that it's there. you just have to be quick to lock it after turing off the ignition and removing the key(turning is more important here.). it just take a flick of turn on steering.
Suess is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks