Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is your Skoda Reliable?
I have had No Major Issues with my non DSG Skoda. 43 51.81%
I have had Major Issues with my non DSG Skoda. 10 12.05%
I have had No Major Issues with my DSG Skoda. 13 15.66%
I have had Only DSG issues with my 6 speed DSG 4 4.82%
I have had Only DSG issues with my 7 speed DSG. 13 15.66%
I have had Major Issues with my DSG Skoda other than the DSG. 5 6.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2014, 00:32   #121
BHPian

Submitted my Survey. It's a good step. I am probably one of the rare Skoda customers who has not had an issue till date.
cedricsg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 00:49   #122
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Reliability Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Good idea about a public poll, will hopefully get you a fair answer to your question.

In a lighter vein (not really, if one owns a Skoda), the only types of Skoda owners you'll find these days are the ones who got Skoda'd, and the ones hoping not to join them. And it's a lottery which side you'll join (and for how long) if you decide to take the plunge come March.

All the best to you, either ways. Respect for your bravery at the very least.
Thank you very much for the encouraging words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Submitted my Survey. It's a good step. I am probably one of the rare Skoda customers who has not had an issue till date.
Thank you very much for taking the survey and for the kind words.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 01:30   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Submitted. Would be great if the survey results are visible to all.

It's wishful thinking to expect Skoda to get rid of their arrogance take concrete measures such as recalls for known frequently failing parts or better yet offer a big extended warranty period for existing owners like they did in China.clearly their commitment levels for the Indian market are not as good as they are for the Chinese.

Last edited by Sahil : 10th January 2014 at 01:31.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:11   #124
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

It's wishful thinking to expect Skoda to get rid of their arrogance take concrete measures such as recalls for known frequently failing parts or better yet offer a big extended warranty period for existing owners like they did in China.clearly their commitment levels for the Indian market are not as good as they are for the Chinese.
Thank you for taking the survey, Sahil. The survey tool does not have the feature to display the survey results. The results have to be downloaded as an excel sheet and then analyzed. I will do this analysis and post all the raw data and my analysis once I receive significant number of samples.
Old 10th January 2014, 08:42   #125
Distinguished - BHPian

Done.

Car owned : Skoda Laura TSI Ambiente
Period of ownership : 2 years 9 months
Extended warranty : 4 years.
Kms done : 48,000
Breakdowns : none
Faults : none
Services competed : 3

I am a happy Skoda customer. Thrilled with the quality of the product and happy with the service experience so far, but still vary of all the stories of unhappy customers. I guess post 50K kms is going to be the acid test for me and my car. Hoping for the best!
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 09:29   #126
BHPian

Good initiative to decide based on quantitative data, and not emotions.
I took the survey. Kindly publish the data for all when you think it's apt.
Old 10th January 2014, 09:41   #127
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I am a happy Skoda customer. Thrilled with the quality of the product and happy with the service experience so far, but still vary of all the stories of unhappy customers. I guess post 50K kms is going to be the acid test for me and my car. Hoping for the best!
Thank you for the feedback Santhoshbhat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Good initiative to decide based on quantitative data, and not emotions.
I took the survey. Kindly publish the data for all when you think it's apt.
Thank you harishpr. When I have a significant amount of samples, I intend to publish both the raw data and my analysis. The raw data is for other people to make their own inferences.
Old 10th January 2014, 09:55   #128
BHPian

Submitted my survey.
I have a 2012 VRS and run 15K kms.
No issues so far, but I thank my stars that they did not launch the 2L 7DSG VRS here in India against 1.8 Manual, I would have taken the plunge.

My previous car was a Civic and VRS is a mighty improvement with respect to drive. But for longer drives my family seem to liked the Civic more.

I had to send the car to dealer for one service and once tail lamp replacement after a biker hit the tail lamp. It took 3 days for me to get the car back. Service was ok, i would rate 7 out of 10.
motor_breathing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:13   #129
Senior - BHPian

Took the survey Graaja. All the best to you. When you have completed the analysis, kindly share the results of the survey. I'm one of those very fortunate Fabia 1st gen 1.4 petrol owners who hasn't had a problem with the car (but of course, service could be much better, but hasn't been terrible or poor). The car itself is simply awesome with no match in its segment. Just completed 5 yrs yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Hi Sahil. Problem is that Skoda knows in India the legal system takes ages to deliver the verdict and most (at least middle class folks) Indians will not have the time to take them to courts over such major breakdowns, lack of stock extended warranty, etc. Partly, we're also known to take things lying down, without reacting. They're simply taking advantage of all this.

In China, the govt is strong and if Skoda don't play to their interest, they will face a tough time there (at least Apple inc did, so I'm guessing it could be the same for automotive firms). No guesses about our govt caring for motorists.

Last edited by k_ajay : 10th January 2014 at 10:15. Reason: Expanding on my response
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:15   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
I have created a survey using an online tool called SurveyGizmo.
graaja, a noble initiative but I have one concern - large companies pay outside vendors to fill such surveys with fake responses to swing the outcome in their favor. How can you avoid/prevent that?
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:31   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricsg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Done.

Car owned : Skoda Laura TSI Ambiente
Period of ownership : 2 years 9 months
Kms done : 48,000
Services competed : 3

Ditto. Though my car has done only 15K kms in nearly 2 years (1 year 8 months) it has been a zero error car except for a very minor battery issue due to less driving, which has since never recurred after me taking the necessary precautions. I am perhaps saved by opting for a Manual Transmission in the Superb Petrol which is 'supposedly' very very troublesome with the 7 Speed DSG. It has been a pleasure to drive till now and highly luxurious and value for money for the 17 odd lacs I invested in it. It has recently given me a FE figure of 14.1kmpl on a recent 400km drive back from Kufri to Meerut. I always tend to pick this car to drive over the highly reliable but unluxurious Fortuner that also dwells in my garage.

Car owned : Skoda Superb TSI MT Elegance
Period of ownership : 1 years 8 months
Kms done : 15,000
Services completed : 2 (1 was just checkup at 7.5K kms)

Last edited by dkaile : 10th January 2014 at 10:33.
dkaile is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 10:33   #132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Submitted my survey.
I have a 2012 VRS and run 15K kms.
No issues so far, but I thank my stars that they did not launch the 2L 7DSG VRS here in India against 1.8 Manual, I would have taken the plunge....
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Took the survey Graaja. All the best to you. When you have completed the analysis, kindly share the results of the survey. I'm one of those very fortunate Fabia 1st gen 1.4 petrol owners who hasn't had a problem with the car (but of course, service could be much better, but hasn't been terrible or poor). The car itself is simply awesome with no match in its segment. Just completed 5 yrs yesterday.
Thank you motor_breathing and k_ajay for taking the survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Hi Sahil. Problem is that Skoda knows in India the legal system takes ages to deliver the verdict and most (at least middle class folks) Indians will not have the time to take them to courts over such major breakdowns, lack of stock extended warranty, etc. Partly, we're also known to take things lying down, without reacting. They're simply taking advantage of all this.

In China, the govt is strong and if Skoda don't play to their interest, they will face a tough time there (at least Apple inc did, so I'm guessing it could be the same for automotive firms). No guesses about our govt caring for motorists.
+1 to that. We do not have a legal system that supports the consumers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
graaja, a noble initiative but I have one concern - large companies pay outside vendors to fill such surveys with fake responses to swing the outcome in their favor. How can you avoid/prevent that?
Thanks StarScream. I can only hope that the corporation in question here is also really interested in the actual results from the survey and no attempt is made to tamper the survey. Having said that, any inferences made from the survey will have to be taken with a pinch of salt! That is why I will be posting the raw data as well when I close the survey.
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 11:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

Submitted my response too.

On the Laura, there was a replacement of clutch and flywheel. But that cant be blamed on Skoda, since its the driving condtions mainly. Plus, those parts are considered wear and tear, so no hard and fast rule.
Apart from that, during the 4 years of ownership, I have NO issues whatsoever with the car. I am more than satisfied with the Diesel MT.

The Superb had one DSG failure, which was sorted out in extended warranty. No other issues cropped up in the Superb too.

The (now old gen) Octi that we had also had no issues to write home about. Absolute trouble free 2 years of ownership, those were.

That said, I would still be vary on choosing the 7 speed DSG.
Ive been saying this for quite some time now; with Skoda's its better to know the dealer, or at least a competent mechanic, to have that peace of mind ownership.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2014, 11:19   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

Hi, I have only paid the booking amount which is 100% refundable. So I can always decide to cancel my booking if things are so bleak. The car is expected only in March. So, I have 3 more months to change my mind
Very good initiative graaja. Please publish the results as it will be useful to many.
Myself booked octavia TDI Ambition and waiting, paid only the booking amount as I am also bit skeptical esp about reliability and Skoda ASS.
Old 10th January 2014, 11:34   #135
BHPian

That is a very nice initiative. One question - How are you ensuring that only Skoda customers are filling it up? I mean is it possible for me (a Maruti owner) to also fill this up? Ideally I would not want to do so but what if people just fill the survey without even owning Skoda cars?

Let me know if you have already taken care of it. I am thinking of how to perform the perfect survey and will let you know if my tiny brain can come up with a solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks