Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is your Skoda Reliable?
I have had No Major Issues with my non DSG Skoda. 43 51.81%
I have had Major Issues with my non DSG Skoda. 10 12.05%
I have had No Major Issues with my DSG Skoda. 13 15.66%
I have had Only DSG issues with my 6 speed DSG 4 4.82%
I have had Only DSG issues with my 7 speed DSG. 13 15.66%
I have had Major Issues with my DSG Skoda other than the DSG. 5 6.02%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2014, 01:25   #166
BHPian

Re: Skoda Reliability Survey

@graaja
Thank you for this survey. Very good effort. I am a wannabe Skoda owner. Booked a Rapid and cancelled. Still looking to buy a Skoda Rapid.
I also have a Volkswagen Vento in the family.
some thoughts crossed my mind,

1) is it legal to conduct survey on any privately or publicly owned company?
Say for example, as an individual if I had a grudge against a particular company and start a survey that is something like this,
Do you think company is good?
Option a: No. Option b. Can't say.
I am not saying you are biased but if individuals all could start surveys like this, can't Skoda or for that matter any other brand take you to court on a defamation charge?
2) The intent of your survey itself is to get feedback from Skoda owners, but how could you tell if the respondent is really a Skoda owner? I myself attempted the survey by relating our Vento ownership to Rapid, because I was curious as to what the questions were. I just stopped myself from submitting it (don't know what stopped me, may be my conscience not wanting to influence your buying decision based on a survey).

End of the day, no matter what the survey result is. If you really love the car just go for IT is what I could tell you even if the rest of the world tell you otherwise. After all there is no substitute for love Touche!!!

I for one would go for my love and face anything that comes afterward, won't wait for the world to tell me if I am making the right decision.
Old 11th January 2014, 06:33   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Done! Hope the feedback helps you and Good Luck!

Very eager to see the final outcome of your survey.
Thank you very much for the encouragement and your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabasheer View Post
Everyday I feel same as how I felt on the first day of purchase,
Of course am happy.
Thank you very much for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvagp View Post
1) is it legal to conduct survey on any privately or publicly owned company?

Say for example, as an individual if I had a grudge against a particular company and start a survey that is something like this,
Do you think company is good?
Option a: No. Option b. Can't say.
I am not saying you are biased but if individuals all could start surveys like this, can't Skoda or for that matter any other brand take you to court on a defamation charge?
This is a very interesting question and you got me thinking here. Several thoughts come to my mind in response to this.

Yes. If a person's intention is to defame the company, definitely the company may be in a position to sue me on defamation charge. But in this particular case, given the amount of bashing happening from many other users here in the forum, my initiative has actually brought out more positive responses in this thread from happy users in this forum. So, if the company sues me, they should be really out of their mind.

Quote:
2) The intent of your survey itself is to get feedback from Skoda owners, but how could you tell if the respondent is really a Skoda owner? I myself attempted the survey by relating our Vento ownership to Rapid, because I was curious as to what the questions were. I just stopped myself from submitting it (don't know what stopped me, may be my conscience not wanting to influence your buying decision based on a survey).
Thank you for the honesty. Actually, I depend more on the integrity of the users that are taking the survey. I again appeal to all users who take the survey to only take the survey if they own a Skoda vehicle and provide unbiased opinion.

There are 26 questions in the survey. It is possible to identify if the response is genuine or bogus by the overall response trend to the 26 questions. Agreed, I may not be able to say this will work 100%, but we can definitely identify at least 80 to 90% of the bogus responses. Unless there is some activity in a mass scale to corrupt the survey, I am confident we can get a decent result from the survey.

Quote:
End of the day, no matter what the survey result is. If you really love the car just go for IT is what I could tell you even if the rest of the world tell you otherwise. After all there is no substitute for love Touche!!!

I for one would go for my love and face anything that comes afterward, won't wait for the world to tell me if I am making the right decision.
I do love the car. Just waiting to see how much risk I have to take for that love

Last edited by graaja : 11th January 2014 at 06:35.
Old 11th January 2014, 08:44   #168
BHPian

Just took the survey - had to pick one of the two Skodas that I own on there since it does not imagine a situation that anyone would want to own more than one Skoda automobile.

Car owned : #1 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9PD L&K AT
Period of ownership : 5 years 8 months
Extended warranty : None
Kms done : 58000+
Dealer and ASC : Vinayak Skoda @ Bangalore
Breakdowns : No major breakdown of the car - did have one instance of the car stranded due to the battery which involved nothing more complicated than a jumpstart
Faults : AC compressor needed to be replaced in 2012 involving a spend of Rs.70000 in total
Upgrades : CASKA Headunit with touchscreen, Navi et al to replace the OEM issue, Rear spoiler from the vRS, Coolbox in the boot, 3rd party reverse camera operating in conjunction with the parking sensors and few minor cosmetic additions (door sill, mats, sun shades etc)
Regrets : ZERO !!!

Car owned : #2 2009 Skoda fABIA 1.2MPI MT
Period of ownership : 4 years 8 months
Extended warranty : None
Kms done : 42000+
Dealer and ASC : Vinayak Skoda @ Bangalore
Breakdowns : No major breakdown of the car - did have one instance of the car stuck with the brakes jammed in my driveway which required disconnection and reconnection of the battery - no root cause was done
Faults : None though there was a wiring harness that needed to be replaced due to damage during a modification
Upgrades : CASKA Headunit with touchscreen, Navi et al to replace the OEM issue, HID upgrade for the headlamps and foglamps, Coolbox in the boot, 3rd party reverse camera operating in conjunction with the parking sensors and few minor cosmetic additions (door sill, mats, sun shades etc)
Old 11th January 2014, 11:08   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco Sauce View Post
Just took the survey - had to pick one of the two Skodas that I own on there since it does not imagine a situation that anyone would want to own more than one Skoda automobile.

Car owned : #1 2008 Skoda Laura 1.9PD L&K AT
Period of ownership : 5 years 8 months

Car owned : #2 2009 Skoda fABIA 1.2MPI MT
Period of ownership : 4 years 8 months
Thank you for taking the survey. We need more people like you to give some confidence to people like us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
@graaja: This survey should have been ideally conducted by Skoda to obtain feedback on the wholesome customer experience. Good initiative from you.

Have responded to the survey.
Car owned: Fabia (Petrol) with 4+ years and 35000+ kms

Can we have a day-wise count of the survey responses?
Absolutely. This survey had to be done by Skoda. If they had done it, they could have done it in a more controlled manner targeting only Skoda customers. Maybe they are not yet there!! Even if they had done it, I don't think they would be in a position to advertise the results!

Do you mean you want me to update the post every day with the number of surveys received or have an analysis of day-wise survey count when I publish my findings?
Old 11th January 2014, 11:38   #170
BHPian

@graaja: Day-wise count of responses.
Old 11th January 2014, 11:59   #171
BHPian

Car Owned: Skoda Octavia vRS
Period of Ownership: 4 years 5 Months
Extended Warranty : None
Kms Done: 69,870
Breakdowns: None (except coil packs giving up, but still drivable)
Faults: None

Satisfaction: Unlimited
Old 11th January 2014, 12:04   #172
BHPian

Car owned : Skoda Yeti 4x2 2012
Period of ownership : 19 Months
Extended warranty : 2 years. ( post standard 2 yrs )
Kms done : 18500
Breakdowns : none
Faults : none
Services competed : 1
Regrets: Zero

Completely satisfied with my purchase till date. Also took the survey. Do share the results with us.
Old 11th January 2014, 12:44   #173
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditbelw View Post
Car Owned: Skoda Octavia vRS
Period of Ownership: 4 years 5 Months
Extended Warranty : None
Kms Done: 69,870
Breakdowns: None (except coil packs giving up, but still drivable)
Faults: None

Satisfaction: Unlimited
aditbelw, did you take the survey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyboy View Post
Car owned : Skoda Yeti 4x2 2012
Period of ownership : 19 Months
Extended warranty : 2 years. ( post standard 2 yrs )
Kms done : 18500
Breakdowns : none
Faults : none
Services competed : 1
Regrets: Zero

Completely satisfied with my purchase till date. Also took the survey. Do share the results with us.
Thank you very much for taking the survey. I plan to keep the survey open for a few more days or till new surveys stop occurring and will share the results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid trekker View Post
@graaja: Day-wise count of responses.
January 9th - 71
January 10th - 116
January 11th till now - 6

Total - 193

This is based on the timestamp from the survey tool. However, the time zone used by the survey tool is a US time zone which is about 10 hours behind our time zone.

Another interesting data. The source of 149 of these surveys are from this TBHP thread. The remaining are from outside sources. Looks like TBHP'ians are spreading the word
Old 11th January 2014, 12:47   #174
BHPian

[quote=graaja;3341784]aditbelw, did you take the survey?

Yes, the survey has been signed too!
Old 11th January 2014, 13:22   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
January 9th - 71 January 10th - 116 January 11th till now - 6 Total - 193 This is based on the timestamp from the survey tool. The source of 149 of these surveys are from this TBHP thread. The remaining are from outside sources. Looks like TBHP'ians are spreading the word
Great to hear that you have a reasonably large sample size in place across segments. I am in exactly the same boat as you are and seeing quite a few Skoda owners on here profess their happiness has been very reassuring. I was considering cancelling my booking, but now at worst I'll go for the diesel instead. Looking forward to seeing the results and gleaning some insights from there.
Old 11th January 2014, 13:31   #176
BHPian

Quote:
aditbelw, did you take the survey?

Thank you very much for taking the survey. I plan to keep the survey open for a few more days or till new surveys stop occurring and will share the results.

Another interesting data. The source of 149 of these surveys are from this TBHP thread. The remaining are from outside sources. Looks like TBHP'ians are spreading the word
Thank you for creating this survey. I am a Skoda fan and sadly there are only a handful of like minded people on Tbhp (Skoda fans).

I have just completed the survey.

I own a 2009 model Fabia 1.4 TDI which has run almost 83000 kms till date. I can swear by the reliability of this car and the feeling of safety once inside is incomparable. I have not had any breakdowns till date (touch wood) and have always got the services done through the authorized dealers.

Would be eager to know the results of this survey
Old 11th January 2014, 15:07   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

Sorry, I don't own a Skoda and hence, I have not taken part in the survey. But my question is that isn't this thread in itself an answer to your own question? I mean why would one post a thread like this if one is certain about the reliability of a particular car? I have never seen such a thread for a Honda, Toyota, Hundai or a Maruti. Which at least puts these cars long ahead, at least in reliability terms.

You are yourself skeptic in making this purchase due to various reasons which you know yourself. You have already booked the car, and I have a feeling that to justify your decision, you have posted this thread and the survey. I would like to ask that what would be the deciding criteria? Like a coefficient of how many problems per car is acceptable to you? Like 12 problems per 10 cars? Or in terms of ratio, say 2 out of 10 SKoda cars have a problem (just an example), what is the number/ ratio acceptable to you? What is the criteria that you have set?

My advice to you would be that only if you don't have much problems & have enough moolah to afford a 3-5 lakhs of repair bill, GO for a Skoda without thinking twice. But if you are from the school of thought which advocates good after sales and reasonable service bills and most importantly 'reliability' then look elsewhere, probably in the Jap's arena.

However, my best wishes to you, whichever car you ultimately choose.
Wish you happy miles ahead!

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 11th January 2014 at 15:09.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2014, 15:32   #178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I have taken the survey as I have owned a Yeti Elegance 4x4 now for two years and a month - Dec 2011 till present date.
So far I am very happy with my Yeti and I am happy with my dealership and workshop, Vinayak in Bangalore.
I have so far been treated very well by the Skoda authorities in terms of correspondence and answers to any queries posed to them as well as requests made to them to look into any specifics requested by friends of mine.
I am not a Skoda shareholder or employee. I'm just a regular Joe consumer.
Old 13th January 2014, 21:28   #179
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Woes And The Ghost Of The Mechatronics!!

Thank you all for the overwhelming support on my effort. Though I was planning to post all my findings in the original thread, after some members raised concerns about the accuracy of the results and whether this will be legally correct etc, I am not sure if it would be apt to publish the results in an open forum. People who are interested in the results, please PM me and I will provide details of my finding with a disclaimer to take the results with a bucket of salt.

Last edited by graaja : 13th January 2014 at 21:33.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 00:28   #180
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Woes And The Ghost Of The Mechatronics!!

Quote:
Thank you all for the overwhelming support on my effort. Though I was planning to post all my findings in the original thread, after some members raised concerns about the accuracy of the results and whether this will be legally correct etc, I am not sure if it would be apt to publish the results in an open forum. People who are interested in the results, please PM me and I will provide details of my finding with a disclaimer to take the results with a bucket of salt.
Took the survey, and will be more than happy to see the results. 1.6 years, 30k kms of happy motoring so far on a Yeti, the decision to go for the vehicle despite all the negative feedback has been a good one so far. Fingers crossed about the rest of the ownership experience, but potential service concerns aside the vehicle has been brilliant.

Here's another survey result for your reference, the JD Power British Car Survey:

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/full-results/1206903

Last edited by Steeroid : 14th January 2014 at 00:43.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks